Slanket TSV 22/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you all, very kind, I'm doing OK - am limiting my QVC viewing as I don't want brain damage on top everything else!

Ooh - I meant to post last night to wish you a quick recovery. You sound in good form and nice and cosy under the slanket. Keep resting.

"mine" arrived today -pink and leopard.
Well, 3 siameses and 3 oriental cats say a big yes to it, 1 human hasn't got a chance!!
;-)))
Should have bought 2!!!

I know what you mean suzyQ!! I left mine out on the bed for a second as I was going to fold it after washing it. I turned round and my boy Ainzley was in the foot pocket looking like he was there for the day. Snuggled into it he was so I couldn't move him could I??

Think I may have ownership issues with mine too!!

I know what you mean suzyQ!! I left mine out on the bed for a second as I was going to fold it after washing it. I turned round and my boy Ainzley was in the foot pocket looking like he was there for the day. Snuggled into it he was so I couldn't move him could I??

Think I may have ownership issues with mine too!!

We do let them (our pets) get away with things don't we. I bought a fleece last year to sit over the back of the sofa (in case anyone needed a snuggle) but now my Gizzy has claimed it as his and curls up on it most of the day (he is getting on now). I don't have the heart to move him. As my Dad used to say 'if you want the best seat - move the cat'. lol.:mysmilie_494:

mine came, it's filthy!

Mine was dirty too! It looked someone had spilt tea or foundation over bits of it. It was in random parts though and almost as though the fabric was already dirty before it was made. I gave bits of it a quick rinse under the tap and it has come off. I was tempted to return it but I really loved it and couldn't be doing with all the hassle of making a return.

Might be worth checking yours if you are planning to give them as gifts.

Do you think they were sewn somewhere like Corrie's Underworld and the Chinese equivalent of Shaun and the girls have spilled their tea on a couple and been re-applying their slap at their machines causing the stains?

Sensible advice though to check them over if they're intended for Christmas presents or you'll have the outlaws accusing you of re-gifting and being a mucky mare (I speak from experience:doh: )

Jude xx

PS I was forbidden from buying one by Mr Akimbo.

Mine was dirty too! It looked someone had spilt tea or foundation over bits of it. It was in random parts though and almost as though the fabric was already dirty before it was made. I gave bits of it a quick rinse under the tap and it has come off. I was tempted to return it but I really loved it and couldn't be doing with all the hassle of making a return.

Might be worth checking yours if you are planning to give them as gifts.

Mine is EXACTLY the same!!!

I've called CS and they are going to have mine collected - both pink and leopard print and both really badly made and they have some marks on that look like they were dragged across a dusty workshop floor.

I thought about tidying them up myself and keeping them but, at that price, why should I. Besides, if we never let them know that we won't accept substandard workmanship then they'll just keep on selling the stuff regardless.

To be honest mine had a very dusty mark on it near the hemline. I wondered what it was but it brushed off and then I got a baby wipe onto it. It looks like dust off a floor to me too. We all know that these things are made in sweat shops in the far east. To be made at somewhere like Underworld in Corrie would suit me fine cos at least our girls would get the jobs. When I think of all the clothing factories we had round here and they've all closed down. There was Granby Garments which did a lot for Marks & Spencer, and there were Chester Barrie suits for men.

See I don't understand world economy. I don't know why other countries can't pay a decent wage and then everyone wouldn't be so poor. Governments have got the money in places like India, they just don't want to part with it.

I have another two of these slankets that I haven't even opened the boxes yet as they're for presents. Maybe I should do to be on the safe side.

:doh: I'm going to have to unwrap mine to check it then.
I dread getting it back in the case

:doh: I'm going to have to unwrap mine to check it then.
I dread getting it back in the case

it'll be like The Krypton Factor minim! But definitely best to check I would say in view of what's been happening to other people - mine was fine but obviously the Quality Control somewhere is not as efficient as it should be!

I threw the packaging away as I was going to keep it, but like I said it was covered in red bits and it's lilac, but now I've looked at it properly it too has marks along the bottom and it is quite badly made, so I'm sending it back I've explained to cs about the packaging and they said it's ok and will send me a return label

What I did get the same day for presents are two of the really soft blankets that were on, and they are beautiful really soft and quite larger much better than the slanket, and they packaged beautiful all wrapped up with a big bow of ribbon, I ordered the wine colour and the beige one for me and one for a present.

Having just read these latest posts I'm now going to check mine in more detail. I only had a quick feel and stroke :)cheeky:) and then decided to keep it in the packaging so OH could give it me as a little birthday pressie next month but it needs a thorough check I think. Fingers crossed that it will be OK but, if not, I'll be on the phone to CS for either a Returns Label or pick up arrangement. I'll report back shortly.

I got my green/cream yesterday (and while my red/navy was fine, or mabye it doesn't show up so well on it?) this one had what looked like foundation stains on one of the sleeves.

I decided to throw it in the washing machine and see how that went. It's come out fine and the plush/fleece feels like new so I'm happy & keeping it!

(Even though on principle I would have sent it back in another case. But as you can't buy the plush Slankets anywhere else it seems, only the originals, I'm NO WAY going to return it now that it looks like new!)

it'll be like The Krypton Factor minim! But definitely best to check I would say in view of what's been happening to other people - mine was fine but obviously the Quality Control somewhere is not as efficient as it should be!

I'll have to lock the cat in the kitchen while I sort it then.
She'll be over it like a rash otherwise :grin:

I've just checked mine and, thankfully, it all seems OK from the clean point of view but there are several loose threads which need tidying up which I can easily sort out so I'm happy to keep it. Really sorry for those of you who have had other problems though, you must be so disappointed.

Latest posts

Back