Slanket TSV 22/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

First, to answer the posts above, yes the twin slanket has got 4 sleeves LOL!

Got one of my slankets this morning (think the other one might arrive tomorrow). Red/navy. Though I have to say in reality the "red" colour is more "wine" looking than on the TV. But that's ok with me. And no plasticy smell here either (I'm pleased as I'm really sensitive to smells and I thought I'd have to through it in the washing machine first)

mines arrived and the "fluff" from it,is everywhere :angry: but am hoping a whizz in the wash and tumble will sort that out.

Surprised at how light the package was,for the amount of P&P paid!

Mine has come too

I have now ordered three slankets. The first one was the wine coloured fleece one a couple of years ago. I was very satisfied with it but then they brought along the leopard one last year with the pockets and I just had to have one! When I opened that one up I just died and went to heaven. I LOVE PLUSH!

This time I ordered three of the pink/leopard ones, one for me and two for my daughters. I was intrigued by these reversible ones as I actually thought they would be warmer if they were dual layered. I was wrong. They are NOT two different fabrics sewn together but how they do it I do not know but it is in fact just the one piece of fabric.

I haven't tried it yet but I would say the fabric is thicker however than the one last year. Perhaps I didn't really need another one for myself but I may decide to keep one in the car. You never know when you could have a break down after all.

I am not in the least bit worried about the bits because I have come across bits of fluff before on flannel sheets and the like and it just doesn't worry me. Washing usually makes a huge difference anyway and what are vacuum cleaners for at the end of the day? Just as long as a fabric doesn't actually shed so much that it becomes thin faster than it should, I am not worried.

Probably I do run the risk of becoming a slanketaholic so I just hope they don't bring out one next year with yet another gimmick.

I haven't tried it yet but I would say the fabric is thicker however than the one last year. Perhaps I didn't really need another one for myself but I may decide to keep one in the car. You never know when you could have a break down after all.

Having only got mine this morning (and not actually used it properly yet) I agree, I think the fabric could be thicker (warmer probably?) than last year's plush one. However I do think that last year's plush version is softer and nicer than the plush on this new reversible one. Not sure if anyone else who have both versions agree...?

As for the car thing - that's exactly what we do! We keep one of the original slankets rolled up inside a bag (to keep it neat to store) in the car at all times. You never know when you might get stuck in the traffic a snowy day... Great peace of mind!

Be careful if you put your new slanket in the dryer or this could happen:

Attachments

• hares.jpg
    hares.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 171
Mine arrived this afternoon, no plasticky smell and no shedding.
Think I would have preferred the single colour as the stitching on the reversible looks a bit odd but I bought it for warmth not looks, am wearing it as a robe/jacket which makes it easier for getting around the room and then covering my legs with the excess material

Unpacked mine properly today - doesn't seem to be any shedding, but anyway I did put it thru the wash and tumbled it (fortunately Jude it didn't look like your pic when it came out!) - I checked the label before washing and it says "machine wash cold" but the symbol gives 30 degrees, so I split the difference and did it on 25 degrees - seems fine! I have to say tho it's not as soft as the fleece blanket I bought in B & M last weekend for £8.99! Maybe I should knit a couple of sleeves and attach them to that!

Mine arrived this afternoon, no plasticky smell and no shedding.
Think I would have preferred the single colour as the stitching on the reversible looks a bit odd but I bought it for warmth not looks, am wearing it as a robe/jacket which makes it easier for getting around the room and then covering my legs with the excess material

Mmmm I know what you mean. Even though it's supposed to be reversible I feel like it's got a distinct "outside" (in my case the red side) and "inside" (navy) as the navy side has both the washing instruction label (could this not have been sown inside the foot pocket?) and the folded over (red) fabric from the other side with the seems more visible than on the "front" (red) side. It really makes it feel like there is a true front and back to it and kinda defeats the object of the reversible coloured fabric a bit in my opinion...

Still, I love it of course!

"mine" arrived today -pink and leopard.
Well, 3 siameses and 3 oriental cats say a big yes to it, 1 human hasn't got a chance!!
;-)))
Should have bought 2!!!

:sad: Am I the only one with poorly made slanket?

NO, you're not! I've got two as well - both pink and leopard print - seams badly sewn and not trimmed properly, threads not cut, overlocking really poor and inches of thread run-on just hanging from the corners. I am sooooo fed up as they are really bulky and I don't relish the struggle to the post office to return them.

Anyone else been unlucky?

Mine arrived today I ordered the purple, and its alovely colour and nice and soft and doesn't smell, but it must have been near one of the red ones as it was covered in red fluffy bits, so Im going to wash it, them put it in the dryer

I've been under mine all day, recuperating from surgery. Very snuggly but I found the foot pockets annoying, they are too big – so I've sown them up and now have a nice thick pad of fleece on top of my feet, much better!

I've been under mine all day, recuperating from surgery. Very snuggly but I found the foot pockets annoying, they are too big – so I've sown them up and now have a nice thick pad of fleece on top of my feet, much better!

Oh Fraz you've been done have you! Hope all went well and you're feeling ok! You stay right under that slanket for as long as poss!

Ooh! Hope you recover soon.

Mine arrived yesterday also haven't opened it yet putting it past for a Christmas pressie to myself hehe,, just realised there is a slanket uk website really like the polka dot ones they sell on there :)

Get well soon Frazz. Stay snuggled up under your slanket watching QVC:grin:

Mine arrived yesterday also haven't opened it yet putting it past for a Christmas pressie to myself hehe,, just realised there is a slanket uk website really like the polka dot ones they sell on there :)

I have often wondered if you buy something as an Xmas gift for YOURSELF whether the extended MBG still applies.

I think they say "if you buy it as a gift for someone ----" implying that the someone may not be yourself.

Any thoughts?

Unless they take you on Jeremy Kyle for those "all important lie detector results" how would they ever know? Beyond a certain date in October all the invoices come with a last return date of Jan 25th next year and they don't make you sign to say it was a gift.

HTH

Jude xx

I've been under mine all day, recuperating from surgery. Very snuggly but I found the foot pockets annoying, they are too big – so I've sown them up and now have a nice thick pad of fleece on top of my feet, much better![/QUOT

Hope you feel better soon Frazzled.

Latest posts

Back