Slanket TSV 22/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There again, some people make a fuss over nothing. If they are really poorly made then of course send them back but a few smudges here and there or just a few stray bits of cotton is nothing at all.

There again, some people make a fuss over nothing. If they are really poorly made then of course send them back but a few smudges here and there or just a few stray bits of cotton is nothing at all.

If someone is paying good money for a brand new item then it should at least be clean though, shouldn't it? I think it's bliddy disgraceful that they're sending out products that are substandard and dirty - not just one but loads. I don't think that's making a fuss over nothing, it's expecting, quite rightly, to get what you've paid for. No one would go in a shop and pick an item up off a rail that was filthy and take it to the till and buy it would they?

With the two I received I had long threads at every edge - some not even cut but just carried over to the next hem, overlocking trails like long worms dangling from the corners and the feet pockets were turned over, hemmed very badly and cut in a haphazard way - Oh, and then there are the dusty marks....

When paying good money for something new - and bearing in mind that these were marketed as ideal presents - I don't think it is being "fussy" to object to having to do your own quality control checks and then cutting threads and washing items before hand giving them as pressies. For a start, taking them out and washing them will appear that you are giving a second hand gift - not a great thing really.

We should be able to trust the famous "Q" for quality shouldn't we? If we all just keep snipping threads and washing away then nothing will change - we will have accepted the shoddy work so they'll keep on shipping it!

Angry? Yes, I am.

my slanket washed up and tumbled up nice.I'm definitely keeping it.Don't think I'd buy another....after all I can use one at one time :cheeky: For those a bit unhappy,I'd put it through the wash personally rather than have the expense of sending back.

If someone is paying good money for a brand new item then it should at least be clean though, shouldn't it? I think it's bliddy disgraceful that they're sending out products that are substandard and dirty - not just one but loads. I don't think that's making a fuss over nothing, it's expecting, quite rightly, to get what you've paid for. No one would go in a shop and pick an item up off a rail that was filthy and take it to the till and buy it would they?
My sentiments exactly. Not only that, these far away sweat shops can be very filthy and with if they can't even be bothered to check out exports items to UK ( to the "number 1 shopping channel") I cannot imagine what these dirty marks can be.

I wouldn't go to the expense of sending the item back. I'd expect QVC to meet that expense and to replace the item with one which has passed quality control. I certainly would not want to be dealing with stains of unknown origin. :sad:

We are not the only ones who got badly made slankets or soiled ones, there are quite a few unhappy customer reviews. They have not published mine though :(

I wouldn't go to the expense of sending the item back. I'd expect QVC to meet that expense and to replace the item with one which has passed quality control. I certainly would not want to be dealing with stains of unknown origin. :sad:

I called CS and, because of the weight (I bought two), they had Hermes collect them (collected this morning) do no cost to me.

Don't pay to send them back - get a label or ask for collection. It's their fault so they should wear the expense!

Latest posts

Back