Slanket TSV 22/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Baby Rugrat's slanket has arrived too.
I am afraid to take it out of it's plastic case. I'll never get it back in neatly again!

Have decided to wash mine too lilian as it has a strange smell. OH has just caught me watching it go round in the machine!! Is there a Slankets Anonymous d'you think?

( Pushes back chair to stand up )

:blush::blush:

Good afternoon everyone. I'm a Slankaholic

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

*nervously clears throat* Thank you lilian. We here know just how difficult that must have been for you. I too am a Slankaholic.

*mops sweat from brow and sits down*

That is great news :) And super fast! Which one did you go for and what do you think of it? Also a question: the other slankets we have are one layer of fabric (both the original and the plush) but with this being double-sided, is it two layers of fabric or one layer that's dyed differently on each side? I was waiting for them to mention something about this in the shows but I never heard anything...

One of mine shipped yesterday and I just logged in to check on the other one (which seemed to be hanging on "in process" even though they were ordered as one order!?!) and that's gone to "shipped" today.

Would love to hear how they turn out after washing if anyone tries that please...!

Hi Anso

I went for the pink/leopard print and I LOVE it! It is one layer of fabric which is dyed differently on each side. I think a double layer of fabric would have been too bulky myself.

I have just got mine out of washing machine (washed in on a quick 30 degree wash) and it has come out really nice. I had to wash it as it had that plastic smell from the bag plus it did have a few pink bits on it. My cat is eyeing it up already!!

I hope yours comes soon and that you are as pleased with it as I am. XXX OH reckons I'm a bit obsessed already as I am praying for snow!!

Hi Anso

I went for the pink/leopard print and I LOVE it! It is one layer of fabric which is dyed differently on each side. I think a double layer of fabric would have been too bulky myself.

I have just got mine out of washing machine (washed in on a quick 30 degree wash) and it has come out really nice. I had to wash it as it had that plastic smell from the bag plus it did have a few pink bits on it. My cat is eyeing it up already!!

I hope yours comes soon and that you are as pleased with it as I am. XXX OH reckons I'm a bit obsessed already as I am praying for snow!!

Thanks very much for the info! That is great to hear. I already have the leopard and the purple in the plush TSV from last year so I went for the green-cream and the red-navy this time. Can't wait for them to arrive!! *excited*

I guess I've just been worried that the "plush" would not be as good (matted perhaps?) or soft after washing it....!!

My purple/lilac one arrived early this morning and it's gorgeous. This is my first Slanket purchase so, as yet, I'm not a Slankaholic!!! Is there any treatment for it by the way or do you just need to go and lie down, preferably snuggled up in something cosy?! :wink:

Mine arrived this morning - very impressive delivery - but I'm sending them back as they just don't do it for me and I may well have a major accident whilst wearing it. I have a huge red thick plush fleece I got from QVC a few winters ago and it's fantastic. They sold out of it really quickly and it's never been back - shame. No sleeves but I adore it for snuggling up in while watching TV. Plus I really don't need another - therapy must be working !!

BizzyLizzie, that is indeed the treatment!! I'd be careful though, I only have one slanket but I LOVE it. You may yet become a Slankaholic:wink:

lizgregs, sorry you didn't like yours. Horses for courses I suppose. As long as you've got something to snuggle up in when the weather is cold that's all that matters.:nod::bear:

hi, I am new, I have been following this thread for a few weeks :)
I too just received my slanket , (the pink and leopard) and it is going straight back:sad: The workmanship is so shoddy, I found an area where the sewing has unravelled , another area where there is a hole and the seams look as if a child has put this together.
The slanket is made out of two thin fabrics bonded (as I could see from the unravelled area) maybe that accounts for the faint smell. The patterned part is of a very thin "nyloney" fabric.This new one is not as ALL plush as QVC's last slanket and not as warm either) I simply live in the last and it is the best QVC item ever bought:)
I am asking for a replacement and hoping for the best.

Mine arrived about 30 mins ago. Got the pink leopard. Little bits over it and it does have that plastic smell. Will check it over tomorrow to make sure seams etc are all ok! Have snuggled into it and nice and warm. So far so good!

I'm a happy slanket-a-holic too :), Started with a pale pink one about 3 years ago, bought my mum a blue one last Christmas. Today my tsv arrived, bought the pink/leopard one this time - stops the boys in this house hogging it. Love it, doesn't smell plasticy at all.

Have you seen that they make a Slanket for two, although QVC don't stock them I spotted them on ebay?

I wasn't sure how it would work, does each person have one sleeve each or do both of you get two? You could have hours of fun customising it with your names I can just see "Wayne & Waynetta" or whatever embriodered on the top and sequins sewn all over it but what if you split up who'd get custody of it!

:mysmilie_15:

Sent from my armchair wrapped in my Snug Rug Slanket ! :mysmilie_520:

:sad: Am I the only one with poorly made slanket? I have taken snaps of the tear and the revelling . I found more signs of soddy work, looks like someone has been using the sewing machine for the first time. I feel cheated!

Latest posts

Back