Skinsense nonsense

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was just watching Skinsense with the 5 products for £39.96, wondering whether or not to give them a try, it seemed such a good deal. As a 70 year old, I'm obviously looking for products for mature skin and usually use Gatineau Age Benefit. Looking at the before and after pics, they're both exactly the same, even down to the the wisps of hair, apart from in the after one the woman's face is slightly slimmer. Ok it might mean that's how the skin looks immediately after applying although I couldn't see a difference. As to what age range it was for, when questioned Abi Cleve said just now that the products were 'great for mature skin.' However, just looking at the video clip on QVCs page, she said to Simon B that it wasn't for a particular age, maybe if you're 'just coming into it in your 30s. Make up your blinking mind woman. Needless to say I'm not going to get it, if she's going to contradict herself like that!

I would save your money as I've tried Skinsense and it's bang average. In fact I think I sent it back. It made no difference to my skin at all in terms of anti ageing. Abbi is full of hot air, she's a saleswoman not a skin scientist.

CC

I have stated previously that on principle I would never buy anything that is linked - or even owned - by Abbie Cleeve.

I cannot abide her hectoring.

Save your money and stick with Gatineau or Alpha H is good. I have always rated their Liquid Gold.

In the morning I use the extra nourishing Superdrug Vitamin E crème and it is wonderful stuff; very hydrating and my skin is good for it.

I've always found Abi Cleve to be quite off-putting, so I've never given this brand the slightest consideration. I take it she wasn't on with AY otherwise, I expect the sales patter would have gone something along the lines of... "If you're in your teens you're going to love this. If you're in your 20s, 30s, 40s you're going to love this. If you're in your 50s and a gender who's combatting the effects of the menopause on your skin, you're going to love this. If you're in your 60, 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond you're going to love this. Whichever one of our beautiful, wonderful genders you are, you're going to love this. If you identify as a cat, you're going to love this." and so on...

Lamellar would sell her own granny for a quick buck. Skinonsense is just that. She’s no skin expert, she’s a market stall big mouth. Save your money.

This is precisely it.

A market stall big mouth - not that far removed from Del-boy flogging tat.

You know more than at any time ever I think QVC is finished. No real term value. Selling cheap rubbish at inflated prices. Yesterday’s Cello TSV was cheaper on Amazon!

SkinSense was always a bit of a joke anyway. Then she bought SBC to give her a bit of credibility and also she needed a manufacturing in-house facility (so that was a ‘fit’ for her). I don’t buy SBC now (I loved their Arnica range).

I have stated previously that on principle I would never buy anything that is linked - or even owned - by Abbie Cleeve.

I cannot abide her hectoring.

Save your money and stick with Gatineau or Alpha H is good. I have always rated their Liquid Gold.

In the morning I use the extra nourishing Superdrug Vitamin E crème and it is wonderful stuff; very hydrating and my skin is good for it.
I love Superdrug's Vitamin E range. It's great value and I can be generous when moisturising my neck at night.

I
Can't get on with Gatineau but I'll look out for the Superdrug vitamin E.

Abbi Cleeve is like your mum giving you a lecture when you've been to school wearing yesterday's socks. She is a total PITA and I would not give her my money.

CC
candycane, I had to Google 'PITA' (I've clearly led a sheltered life😜). You learn something new every day!

I love Superdrug's Vitamin E range. It's great value and I can be generous when moisturising my neck at night.

I love the Superdrug Vitamin E range as well. I have only just ‘found’ their Vitamin E Hot Cloth cleanser and I love it. Way much better than the LE C&P

I also love the fact that it is a really cost friendly range as well.

I love the Superdrug Vitamin E range as well. I have only just ‘found’ their Vitamin E Hot Cloth cleanser and I love it. Way much better than the LE C&P

I also love the fact that it is a really cost friendly range as well.
I've only just discovered their Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser too and I'm really impressed with it. I'd been using Cleanse & Polish for donkeys years but over the past couple of years noticed that it had got thinner in consistency, first the fragranced ones so I stopped using those, and then the original! So disappointed, I don't know what they've done to it but I won't be using it again, especially now I've found the Superdrug Vit E range and at a fraction of the cost too!

I've only just discovered their Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser too and I'm really impressed with it. I'd been using Cleanse & Polish for donkeys years but over the past couple of years noticed that it had got thinner in consistency, first the fragranced ones so I stopped using those, and then the original! So disappointed, I don't know what they've done to it but I won't be using it again, especially now I've found the Superdrug Vit E range and at a fraction of the cost too!
I'm going to have to look out for the Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. I do still like cleanse & polish and use it daily, but like you say it has definitely got thinner. For some reason I wasn't keen on the Aldi one, I still have half a tube and use it to clean make-up brushes, but would love the money saving of Superdrug, although we don't have one anymore so it would have to be online 😞

I'm going to have to look out for the Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. I do still like cleanse & polish and use it daily, but like you say it has definitely got thinner. For some reason I wasn't keen on the Aldi one, I still have half a tube and use it to clean make-up brushes, but would love the money saving of Superdrug, although we don't have one anymore so it would have to be online 😞

It not thick like the C&P, much more creamy, but it sinks into the skin beautifully and within four days I had seen a noticeable improvement in my skin (I use it twice daily). I then went and bought the extra nourishing Vitamin E face cream which is really good especially on my neck.

At the present Superdrug have it on but one get one half price.

It not thick like the C&P, much more creamy, but it sinks into the skin beautifully and within four days I had seen a noticeable improvement in my skin (I use it twice daily). I then went and bought the extra nourishing Vitamin E face cream which is really good especially on my neck.

Thanks C, I shall have a look now. :)

Superdrug usually have most of their Vitamin E range on buy one get one half price…. Yet another reason to avoid QVC…. really decent prices, excellent product and if you have a superdrug card free postage over £15.

Latest posts

Back