Beauty Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just ordered the Decleor 5piece set for £65 (plus a whopping £7 postage) - 234905. It has the 400ml cleanser and toner which I wanted in the January sale but which was £49 in JLP. The set also has Hydrafloral in its three types, I like Rich, Hydrotenseur and Iris Balm. I thought that was a good price for the whole set and I didn't get the last TSV so.... yes, I AM trying to justify it! Better switch over to Call The Midwife!

[mum writes]

I need one that covers, but it has to be very light.

Of the brands sold on QVC with high coverage the CC Cream by It Cosmetics in Fair is pale and not too yellow (on me at least), paler still is Porcelain in Becca's Ultimate Coverage foundation it's too pale for me.

If you have a foundation that gives the coverage but is slightly too deep don't bin it straight away as The Body Shop has started selling its Shade Adjusting Drops* again, so you can tinker with your "foundation wardrobe" (QVC speak for "money wasted wrong colour foundations I should have chucked straight in the bin or given away but somehow didn't") *40% off online and in store with code 14664 (tell them at the till for shop purchases).

Okay going to have a major rant!

Had a nose at what was on yesterday from their website. Suddenly spotted Shay and Blue Black Tulip edp 100mls. So says UK Mainland only(excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands and Northern Ireland)!!! Now anytime before with perfume when it said UK Mainland they did ship to Scotland and Northern Ireland without a problem. The shipping regulations on shipping perfume have not changed. Anywhere in the UK, 150mls max or 3 bottles in original packaging and has the correct label. In fact, I bought a bottle of Diorama from a private Facebook group last week. No problems what so ever shipping from England to Northern Ireland. So now QVC is going to exclude anyone from Scottish Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland from buying which will no doubt include nail polish or say Judith Williams perfume L'Occitane TSVs that have perfume

Okay going to have a major rant!

Had a nose at what was on yesterday from their website. Suddenly spotted Shay and Blue Black Tulip edp 100mls. So says UK Mainland only(excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands and Northern Ireland)!!! Now anytime before with perfume when it said UK Mainland they did ship to Scotland and Northern Ireland without a problem. The shipping regulations on shipping perfume have not changed. Anywhere in the UK, 150mls max or 3 bottles in original packaging and has the correct label. In fact, I bought a bottle of Diorama from a private Facebook group last week. No problems what so ever shipping from England to Northern Ireland. So now QVC is going to exclude anyone from Scottish Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland from buying which will no doubt include nail polish or say Judith Williams perfume L'Occitane TSVs that have perfume

It's got to be due to the fact Q is so tight, it would rather lose regional sales than pay more itself for shipping costs to include those places - as you say, nowhere else imposes such ridiculous restrictions!

Given that the billing of the weekend was "Discover Beauty" why were there so many long established brands pedalling their wares, I wonder? Yes, with the figleaf that old favourites were in new configurations, but where was the discovery? Couldn't QVC get together enough new (to QVC, at least) brands for a weekend? If so, why not simply have a beauty day?

About the only way that QVC could add some interest to the boring fare in their beauty department would be to say - we will only have new brands (with QVC less than 1 year, perhaps?) on this day.

They also seem to have completely lost their way with perfume (let alone the fact that they can't or won't ship to parts of the UK where there is a pesky spot of water not accessible by crossing a bridge). Where is the variety and choice of brands we used to see on QVC? I doubt it is because people have fallen out of love with wearing perfume...

I would also love to know what happened to each successive year's new beauty brands. I've not heard any more about Little Ondine or any of the previous brands that were picked up and then dropped during or after the year.

Needless to say, I avoided, apart from watching the launch of the Deciem TSV. I didn't buy it as I'm awash... the last beauty item I bought was the January supersize of the month from Gatineau, as I have a friend who swears by this and it will make a fantastic present for her.

But the Highlands are mainland, no ferry or even necessarily the need of any bridge to get there. I regular drive there in a four ton van, no tolls, no ferry charges, nothing, so that is a ridiculous restriction. Regular mail gets there just fine with no added charge.

I seriously hope no one bought those Flawless Finishing Touch hair remover things for £25 from QVC, you can get the battery one for a fiver on eBay or the USB rechargeable one for £8.11 on eBay. It takes up to the 13th March to arrived, like QVCs Royal Mail delivery or Advanced Orders, because it's coming free delivery from China, were the ones QVC have made too I imagine, so if you're on Advanced Order for £25, I'd cancel it and order from eBay if I was you for £8.11. :mysmilie_3:

Given that the billing of the weekend was "Discover Beauty" why were there so many long established brands pedalling their wares, I wonder? Yes, with the figleaf that old favourites were in new configurations, but where was the discovery? Couldn't QVC get together enough new (to QVC, at least) brands for a weekend? If so, why not simply have a beauty day?

About the only way that QVC could add some interest to the boring fare in their beauty department would be to say - we will only have new brands (with QVC less than 1 year, perhaps?) on this day.

They also seem to have completely lost their way with perfume (let alone the fact that they can't or won't ship to parts of the UK where there is a pesky spot of water not accessible by crossing a bridge). Where is the variety and choice of brands we used to see on QVC? I doubt it is because people have fallen out of love with wearing perfume...

I would also love to know what happened to each successive year's new beauty brands. I've not heard any more about Little Ondine or any of the previous brands that were picked up and then dropped during or after the year.

Needless to say, I avoided, apart from watching the launch of the Deciem TSV. I didn't buy it as I'm awash... the last beauty item I bought was the January supersize of the month from Gatineau, as I have a friend who swears by this and it will make a fantastic present for her.

Talking to Jabba a while back she made the comment new brands seem to come to QVC to get their name out there. Then just leave and move to say Marks and Spencer who seem to do loads of the brands that first appeared on QVC. The brands get customers and then decide they just don't want to be with QVC or too much hassle with the 30 day money back guarantee.

But the Highlands are mainland, no ferry or even necessarily the need of any bridge to get there. I regular drive there in a four ton van, no tolls, no ferry charges, nothing, so that is a ridiculous restriction. Regular mail gets there just fine with no added charge.

The weird part is most of the brands will ship to Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland themselves with free shipping. I did buy the Black Tulip nearly two weeks ago direct from Shay and Blue(Marks and Spencer also had it), they shipped same day and it arrived next day free shipping. QVC use Hermes and they will also ship without a problem to these places as well.

Latest posts

Back