Skechers TSV 17/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi All, long time no see.
There was a previous tsv that was really similar to these that I bought, I think it was about 18 months ago. I quite liked the look of them but despite buying my normal Skechers size (I've got quite a few pairs) they were really tight and I ended up getting rid of them. I assume it was the elastic part of the fabric, it felt like my feet were being strangled!

Welcome back amn! In the mistaken belief that elastic type straps would give with my swollen feet I have bought several times only to find that all that they did was cut the flesh off me. Will I never learn?

No matter that I find these very attractive-looking compared to many other mary-jane type styles, I won't risk it. Unless there is actual adjustment I foresee only pain and blisters for me if I purchase.

I bought a previous TSV, which was very similar to these but with a straight across strap. I bought them specifically for travel, as I thought the elasticated fabric would be good for swollen feet.
No arch support at all. They made me pronate very painfully, causing tendonitis. The memory foam insole got hot & sweaty very quickly, and then not surprisingly became smelly! The 'basket weave' fabric rubbed blisters on my hot & puffy 'long haul flight' feet, and I ended up binning them after a very short time.

Turned over to have a look and heard the guest say one of the most annoying (to me) American sayings "from the get go" (what does that even mean?) closely followed by "bang on trend" (or that?) then noticed Ali K was about to speak, and over the channel goes.

They look better live than I thought they would but I parent buy them without trying them on. I have a wide foot and really struggle to get shoes to fit well and would be worried about them being too tight. Also I am not sure how comfortable that bit at the back of the heel would be. I still have to wear plasters on my heels every time I wear my go walks as they rub them raw and I have had the things a year. Also they make your feet red hot and smell terribly. I hate it when the soles are wet and you go in a shop, they squeak embarrassingly and also are very slippy on wet surfaces.

I tried the Adesso elasticated pumps and had to send them back because they wouldn't have expanded when the feet swelled. They were tight with very little give. These seem a bit similar .

They are made for QVC which tends to put me off .Its difficult to do price comparisons.

I like the look of them and would have a pair in every colour (love my Sketchers)!!

But no 9's.....so my money is safe.

On second thought, I don't find those weave ones comfortable either. They leave the marks on my feet!!

:mysmilie_17:

I was in a shoe outlet shop last week and they had loads of these styles of Skechers in their sale. I don`t think they sell very well because they`re uncomfortable. The elastic digs in and makes your feet resemble a crossword puzzle full of lines and squares. I`ve tried them and wouldn`t touch another pair made in this style. The outlet shop was selling them from as low as £19.99, most were around the £24 mark. It was a Pavers outlet shop and I notice they don`t even have them on their website anymore and they must have shipped them all to their outlet stores which is what they do when something doesn`t sell well.

I take a size 8 and have a broad foot so buying shoes is always a bit of a nightmare. For anybody who takes a size 9 and is looking for sandals/summer shoes then the Pavers website have 11 pages of size 9 ladies shoes in their sale section, flyflots, adesso and other brands. Worth a browse. Their delivery is free over £50 or £2.99 for orders under £50 and you can pre pay 99p for a returns label.
http://www.pavers.co.uk/

These have grown on me - wasn't keen at first. However, I had a pair of similar cross-over elasticated top slip-ons from QVC 5 or 6 years ago (was it Rockport and do they still exist?) and it's a much smoother elastic which really digs into the top of my foot after a while, particularly my right foot when it's warm so I can't wear them for long. I've never been told I have a high instep but maybe I do. Anyway, I would be worried about these, but I notice on the models, the cross-over bit looks fairly loose. Maybe they have the wrong size though so I don't think I'll risk this TSV and the £8 P&P cost including return.

Turned over to have a look and heard the guest say one of the most annoying (to me) American sayings "from the get go" (what does that even mean?) closely followed by "bang on trend" (or that?) then noticed Ali K was about to speak, and over the channel goes.

That infuriates me too! It is meaningless. But then I also hate the American (now common here) "Can I get a tea...". If I were serving someone who asked like this, I would say, "No, but you can get out".

That infuriates me too! It is meaningless. But then I also hate the American (now common here) "Can I get a tea...". If I were serving someone who asked like this, I would say, "No, but you can get out".

:mysmilie_15: that's sooooo funny Andi. :mysmilie_15: I would do exactly the same thing and then they can definitely "get" from the "go"

These have grown on me - wasn't keen at first. However, I had a pair of similar cross-over elasticated top slip-ons from QVC 5 or 6 years ago (was it Rockport and do they still exist?) and it's a much smoother elastic which really digs into the top of my foot after a while, particularly my right foot when it's warm so I can't wear them for long. I've never been told I have a high instep but maybe I do. Anyway, I would be worried about these, but I notice on the models, the cross-over bit looks fairly loose. Maybe they have the wrong size though so I don't think I'll risk this TSV and the £8 P&P cost including return.

I belive they are always given a size 7 - they tend to take a very standard approach to what sizes are available for modelling (one of the reasons why the models all have to be so slim is that the clothing size is invariably small (or size 10) - on average the models are 5'9 or above and that usually seems to mean feet around size 7. Smaller or larger feet, they still have to wear that size. Also no matter if the shoes are wide fit and the model has skinny feet, or the shoes are narrow and the model has wide feet. So for me the modelling of the shoes is utterly unhelpful. We end up concentrating on grungey feet, poor pedicures, bunions, hammer toes etc, because they never walk in the shoes - most would probably struggle to keep them on their feet.

My pet peeve is when you ask someone if they would like food or drink and they answer "no, I'm good" I'm soooo tempted to reply "but I didn't ask if you were bad, did I?" :mysmilie_11:

I belive they are always given a size 7 - they tend to take a very standard approach to what sizes are available for modelling (one of the reasons why the models all have to be so slim is that the clothing size is invariably small (or size 10) - on average the models are 5'9 or above and that usually seems to mean feet around size 7. Smaller or larger feet, they still have to wear that size. Also no matter if the shoes are wide fit and the model has skinny feet, or the shoes are narrow and the model has wide feet. So for me the modelling of the shoes is utterly unhelpful. We end up concentrating on grungey feet, poor pedicures, bunions, hammer toes etc, because they never walk in the shoes - most would probably struggle to keep them on their feet.

I never thought about that but silly of me to assume they would be modelling their normal size so really I should take no notice whatsoever how they look on the models. I think I was just trying to convince myself they might be ok and not dig in at the top.

My pet peeve is when you ask someone if they would like food or drink and they answer "no, I'm good" I'm soooo tempted to reply "but I didn't ask if you were bad, did I?" :mysmilie_11:

Hardly anyone answers "I'm well" any more when you ask how they are, do they? Always, "I'm good". My aunt who emigrated to Australia commented on this years ago so I assumed it had come from there but it's universal now.

You wouldn't answer "I'm well" if you were offered second helpings of something...mind you I hate "well good" or "well impressed"

I am hating
the creeping use of the present progressive/continuous tense! The Coke Cola slogan has a lot to answer for...plus it makes no sense, to me anyway. If you love something then the strength of the verb "to love" suggests something long-term and on-going whereas using the continuous tense "I'm loving" should lend a feeling of current and on-going emotion but in actual fact it waters it down to the opposite; something short-term or transitory. I'd never say "I'm loving you" to Mr Akimbo!

Charlie has just said "You're loving the black and grey multi!" Nope, we're really not!

That annoying QVC jingle "find what you love, love what you find". Eh? Does that not mean the same thing "find what you love" "love what you find"?

What have Sketchers and QVC got against people with size 7.5 feet? :mysmilie_10: Well, I don't care any way cos I think they look bluddy awful.

Latest posts

Back