Simon Biagi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why does he shout ? I find his presenting style unbearable - so false, exaggerated and as for his constant repetition.

So this morning while I was doing a job in the living room I couldn't watch QVC once he appeared. To add insult to injury I popped out for an hour and when I got home he's still on, with Richard Jackson.

I'm now watching a recording of Bargain Hunt.

Why does he shout ? I find his presenting style unbearable - so false, exaggerated and as for his constant repetition.

So this morning while I was doing a job in the living room I couldn't watch QVC once he appeared. To add insult to injury I popped out for an hour and when I got home he's still on, with Richard Jackson.

You mean that programme where a lot of eager hopefuls pay money for what they think is good quality stuff, and it turns out later to be tat that wasn't worth what they paid for it? I thought you wanted a CHANGE from QVC.

I've begun to wonder if perhaps Simon has a hearing problem...? I would call his vocal delivery BELLOWING rather than merely shouting. It's unbearable. Add the cheese, the hairy garnish at the top of his shirts, and the constant AAAAAAAND-ing. He's hands-down the worst of the male presenters for me.

Reminds me of my dear old dad, he used to bellow down the phone; Mum and I used to say he could just open a window and not bother about the phone, it'd be cheaper!

The mans insufferable, he's a caricature of a cheesey shopping tv presenter. Simon "annnnd" Biagi is as fake as an eleven pound note, every time I channel hop I catch him saying either "we've sold THOWsands" or "we've got all sorts of things here at QVC" if I'm really unlucky..........both.

The shouting may be because his greatest fans are deaf elderly people who think he is a handsome young man, dressed in the 1960s package tour to Italy style that was around when they were in their prime.

Last edited:
Watched briefly a few weeks back, and he was talking to viewers like someone addressing ten year olds. Lost count of the times he said "Now, we will....." (whatever it was) in a brisk, no nonsense tone like he was doing crowd control. No warmth or friendliness in his persona at all. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just his style and what he was saying was useful info, but to make it worse, he was fluffing everything, and (as you've mentioned) repeating every other sentence ad nauseum. I got the distinct feeling he was poorly prepared and floundering when I last watched him.

Last edited:
How about putting him with Sally Jaxx? No one would need a TV, they could just stand in QVC land and shout, we'd all hear it. If he has a hearing problem then I feel for him, but you would think he would get some help if that's the case. I tend to think it's the same syndrome as Sally J, it's just an overly loud style. I'm sure Sally thinks if she shouts loudly enough we'll all rush to the phone.
Reminds me of my dear old dad, he used to bellow down the phone; Mum and I used to say he could just open a window and not bother about the phone, it'd be cheaper!

It's the chest hair on constant display that amuses me....someone apparently told him (in 1972) that it drives women wild....er, no. It makes him look like a Harry Enfield comedy character or a take-off of Demis Roussos (probably not the right spelling!!) for those of us who remember the 1970's (and, sadly, I'm one). Not a good look.
The mans insufferable, he's a caricature of a cheesey shopping tv presenter. Simon "annnnd" Biagi is as fake as an eleven pound note, every time I channel hop I catch him saying either "we've sold THOWsands" or "we've got all sorts of things here at QVC" if I'm really unlucky..........both.

It's the chest hair on constant display that amuses me....someone apparently told him (in 1972) that it drives women wild....er, no. It makes him look like a Harry Enfield comedy character or a take-off of Demis Roussos (probably not the right spelling!!) for those of us who remember the 1970's (and, sadly, I'm one). Not a good look.

Yeah I remember the 70s too H (ahem!) just :mysmilie_17: for some reason QVC has brought out the Wensleydale in him. :mysmilie_17:

I this he has also had the memo about referring to family to promote products. This morning with the Slanket, he mentioned his wife, his daughter and then later on various other named bodies. Q are SO transparent, or we are just sad at noticing these things !!

I clicked on a tablet with a detachable keyboard I was interested in buying. I thought I'd watch the video presentation to help me deciding but unfortunately I couldn't watch more than halfway through. He had a guest who he was doing the usual "let's ask a question to which we already know the answer" routine, and pretending to be surprised and amazed at her answers. "Annnnnnnnnd it has twooooooooooooooo USB ports. Not one! But twoooooooo! That is JUST pheNOMinal value!"

No it ISN'T Simon! Just shut up and stop being so fake!

He used not to bother me however I am finding him increasingly irritating. I really think he should become a catalogue model for Charles Tyrwhitt or Stannah Stairlifts or those those home order catalogues with gadgets and things for cleaning the conservatory etc.

You mean that programme where a lot of eager hopefuls pay money for what they think is good quality stuff, and it turns out later to be tat that wasn't worth what they paid for it? I thought you wanted a CHANGE from QVC.

Exactly but I prefer Tim Wonnacott to SB. I know I know, but I'm tied to the telly while I try to finish a cross stitch sampler for my new great-niece's first Christmas.

Exactly but I prefer Tim Wonnacott to SB. I know I know, but I'm tied to the telly while I try to finish a cross stitch sampler for my new great-niece's first Christmas.

Congratulations! A new addition to the family to get excited about Christmas... it's so much more fun when there are kids involved, I think. I've said elsewhere I don't have kids myself, but I've always enjoyed spending the time with kids at the festive season - they bring the magic back that I remember from my own childhood.

I like Tim, but I think we've seen the last of him on the Beeb!! Can you imagine Simon "Chest hair" B. on Bargain Hunt? Congratulations on the new addition to the family, Ericsmum!

Congratulations! A new addition to the family to get excited about Christmas... it's so much more fun when there are kids involved, I think. I've said elsewhere I don't have kids myself, but I've always enjoyed spending the time with kids at the festive season - they bring the magic back that I remember from my own childhood.

I don't have children either, I rely on my 5 nieces and nephews to supply the next generation ! My first great nephew was 2 last Sunday (party time !) and he's expecting a baby brother in March. It's costing me a fortune, I love shopping for them.

Awful awful awful. I turn off as soon as I see him. He's become a parody of himself.

You would think NO NO would give him a free device. If it got rid of that thatch they would shift all the stock.

sb is the most boring prsenter on qvc. if he says "and all sorts of things again "....................

Latest posts

Back