Shrewsbury Outlet Store

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Satis

Registered Shopper
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to go to Mid-Wales (to collect a new puppy) and I stopped off on the way to go to the Shrewsbury store. It wasn't busy at all, although there were some ravenous looking women with hard faces and shopping baskets who were, presumably, stashing stuff away to sell on ebay.

Mostly, it was pretty disappointing. Lots of card-making stuff which doesn't interest me; it all looked pretty scruffy. There was a Centrigrade faux shearling coat in the Berry, which I was interested in, but it was a larger size, and I could have accommodated a family of refugees in there with me. There were also several versions of The Coat, which was a bit unnerving -- like seeing a Dowager Duchess in a cardboard box under Waterloo Bridge.

I was full of flu and not in the right sort of mood to buy. Fortunately, probably. But I did get two really nice pairs of earrings -- some gold hoops with white-gold spiders, which I missed when they were on sale -- and some lovely garnet dangly clusters. I also bought some more of those Debbie Meyers bags ( which I can't decide about) and some white ball things which allege they are for washing bras. They may be some refined kind of intrument of torture -- heaven knows, but they were only £1.99.

Not a vintage day; it looked pretty thin to me, and I didn't feel well enough to try on the Markon boots at £3.99. But I'm pleased with the earrings.

I never realised that there was an outlet store until I joined this Forum - am learning new things everyday and loving the fact that there are other people out there will similar views to mine and QVC :1:

What is the store like and are there anymore hidden away ?

I never realised that there was an outlet store until I joined this Forum - am learning new things everyday and loving the fact that there are other people out there will similar views to mine and QVC :1:

What is the store like and are there anymore hidden away ?

If you go onto the qvc website on the information at the bottom - go to about qvc - global facts - and it gives you the addresses.

I've never been to the Warrington one.

Shrewsbury was a bit of a shock the first time I went. It's much smaller than I imagined, and just a unit in a shopping centre -- I thought it would be a huge warehouse. There's a mix of stuff; piles of returned Cooks Essentials, lots of clothes, candles, shoes etc. The first time I went, I was looking for Markon Boots and as if on cue, a man arrived with a lot of boxes of them -- they were new, too, not returns.

There's a jewellery counter which I think is very good value if you can manage a little restraint!

It's well worth a visit, but best not to have high expectations -- you can be lucky though!

Hey Satis,

Don't suppose you spotted any Northern Nights bedding there?

I'm planning on going to Shrewsbury in the near future, via Oxford (picking up a friend).

Wondering whether Warrington might be better, even if it's further.

Maybe I'm insane to make the journey, but I figure it's worth a punt, just to see what it's like. If I can manage to get a furminator or buy one item, that will be a result. Don't want to travel all that way and go home empty-handed. I'll have to take up crafting or something! :1:

Hey Satis,Don't suppose you spotted any Northern Nights bedding there?
Hi Minnie, yes there was lots and lots of Northern Nights -- bedding and also quilts, I think, but since I wasn't looking for anything like that, I didn't examine it very closely.

I know there weren't any Furminators, because I wanted one. There didn't seem to be many gadgety type things at all.

But well worth a visit if you're after NN, although I've no idea how fast the turnover is there.

I'm sure you'll find something to spend your money on!

There is always a decent quantity of Northern Nights and quilts for sale. Normally half QVC price plus 30-40% off. Brand new too.

Latest posts

Back