Shoppingtelly forum and QVC have been my crutch!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I was on the witness stand for around 4 hours. My main worry in going to court was I may get muddled up and brain freeze or not be able put sentences together but none of that happened. I am pretty proud of myself, how I coped and although I had to tell them things that my Mum had kept private from them, I only did so if necessary and not just to cause hurt.

I think I was on the witness stand for around 4 hours. My main worry in going to court was I may get muddled up and brain freeze or not be able put sentences together but none of that happened. I am pretty proud of myself, how I coped and although I had to tell them things that my Mum had kept private from them, I only did so if necessary and not just to cause hurt.

DMD - you are even more amazing! There is nothing like real adversity to bring people out in their true colours... that's when we all unlock our potential and let it shine...

I'm glad the judge could see that shining positively in you, and I'm so pleased for you that QVC helped you as much as it did, by using it on your own terms.

I thought of two poems when I read your story - I think they are very apt, and I hope you do too: Maya Angelou's Still I Rise, and Ernest Henley's Invictus.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Maya Angelou says it beautifully.

DD, even more respect to you. I worked in a legal background, so I know how gruelling it can be for even confident people to remain calm and self-possessed in what can be, frankly, an intimidating setting, before even facing legal examination. You answered the questions and told it like it is - and that's what you had to do in your own interests, nothing more or less, so don't reproach yourself. If people want to try to 'fudge' the issue or to lie then they will, whether in a court or not, but they should beware - because their lies can trip them up, as I've seen happen on many occasions!

However good the lawyer doing the cross examination is... there is bugger-all they can do with an honest witness. They are the worst because the lawyer makes zero headway with them.

Dear Dunmowdizzy ...I am so sorry for you r upset and so pleased this forum has helped so much ....sending a big hugggggggggggggggg xxxx

That must have been so so intimidating, worrying and stressful for you, I can barely imagine. Well done for coping and getting the truth told, it must have taken remarkable strength. You sound like an amazing lady.

Latest posts

Back