Shoe sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

About four to five years ago I bought a pair of lovely wedge sandals from Sketchers very reasonably in a sale. However I couldn’t get on with them as I never felt secure when walking in them so I put them away and completely forgot all about them for three years. I took them out a few months back and tried them on again only this time I tightened the fastenings and lo and behold, it was like walking on air.Thats the thing that I hadn’t been doing correctly.I felt like a fool lol. They’re actually perfectly comfortable.

Everyone and they granny seem to wear Sketchers, as all I see is women and men wearing them.

We have a shop and I go in when they have a sale on, ask questions about fit on what I am interested in.
I bought a pair of waterproof ankle boots which I was told regular fit and yes they are. They were less than half price, in fact QVC sold them in their sale, and they were more expensive plus shipping.

Last time my SIL came over from Canada she had a pair of leather ballet style Sketchers, said they were so comfortable. So I went into the shop to buy a pair and told they were wide fitting, and I would walk out of them. Yes, I was walking out of them in the shop.

I’ve been tempted but I can’t find out any equivalent width fitting. I have wide feet and a very high instep. I usually buy Hotter extra wide fit but they don’t have much of a choice in Sketcher type styles.

I’ve been tempted but I can’t find out any equivalent width fitting. I have wide feet and a very high instep. I usually buy Hotter extra wide fit but they don’t have much of a choice in Sketcher type styles.
I'm the opposite my feet are very narrow and I have problems with some shoes. Atm,due to falling and badly damaging tendons and soft tissue in my left ankle, I can only wear trainers and one pair of loafer type shoe. I can't even wear the Paver trainers I bought for our holidays. 😪

I'm the opposite my feet are very narrow and I have problems with some shoes. Atm,due to falling and badly damaging tendons and soft tissue in my left ankle, I can only wear trainers and one pair of loafer type shoe. I can't even wear the Paver trainers I bought for our holidays. 😪
Sorry to hear that. Hope you will enjoy your holiday in spite of it.

I go up a size in Emus since they made them more fitted ie narrower. Mr M always has to go up a size unless the shoes are Clarks H fitting. But I go down a size in sandals. Weird.

I must be lucky then because I’ve got a few pairs of Skechers - trainers, toe posts and boots. All of them have fitted perfectly. Not all of them have been bought from QVC either.

I am fortunate to have a Skechers shop near me so I can try them on. The prices are similar to QVC but I save because no postage. I have wide feet, high arch and should be a 5. Because I like the uno style with the bubble in the heel, I go to a 5 and a half. They move a little but never to rub. Lovely and comfy. I used to buy hotter for work but got fed up of the limited colours available in a wide fit.

My most comfortable pair of shoes are Skechers arch fit in my normal size. I've already had a lot of wear out of them and they still look new, fit perfectly and I feel really secure in them. I'll stick with arch fit shoes from now on. My most comfortable sandals are Pavers touch fasten. They're like walking on air even though they're not cushioned. Although the photo of them makes them look a bit frumpy, my neighbour bought herself a pair because she said they looked so good on me and she struggles to buy nice-looking sandals in a wide size 4 that don't have elastic in them - she's allergic to elastic. And at £32.99, not much to lose. She absolutely loves them, too, btw.

Latest posts

Back