Separated at birth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jill Franks, the picture I put on previously was obvously too big so here goes again

070320iggypop_1.jpg

Don't know Poppy but always thought D.F. was lovely - especially in her Heyday....

I used to be mistaken for Nerys Hughes back in the days of the Liver Birds when we were both a lot skinnier.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northeast/guides/halloffame/showbiz/nerys_hughes.shtml

:hi: I've always thought Nerys Hughes was a very warm and attractive woman my lovely, so I can see the resemblance from here. ;)

I think Dawn French is brilliant too, but the first thought that popped into my head was Oops! I must have put on more weight than I thought!" I don't even really know if he meant looks or personality - and didn't dare ask! :eek:

Poppy was from Happy-Go-Lucky and was played by Sally Hawkins - a very good looking woman :up:

I bleached my hair blonde and cut it short back in the late 80's. Was hoping for a Madonna/Marilyn effect but kept getting told I looked like Doris Day :doh:

Doris Day had her admirers though hon, didn't she? So it was still a lovely compliment, but I know what you mean. ;)

I looked up a trailer for "Poppy" when he first said it and she's much slimmer and younger and generally better looking than me! She does talk to randoms all the time and just come out with whatever's on her mind though - and I think that might have been what he meant cos I also tend to open gob without fully engaging brain! :blush:

And I chat to randoms a lot. (Although I maintain that my habit of quickly making friends with barmen everywhere is useful and done with a purpose in mind!) :grin:

tears of laughter running down my face, and I am cackling like a witch, great thread, especially loved the Jill Franks as liccle tiddy doggy creature, I think she would like that as hubby could carry her around in one of her beloved handbags! Always though she looked a bit like Iggy tho somewhat lacking the lust for life!! As for me, well in my hey day have been likened to Helena Christianson but am way way shorter and plumper.

tears of laughter running down my face, and I am cackling like a witch, great thread, especially loved the Jill Franks as liccle tiddy doggy creature, I think she would like that as hubby could carry her around in one of her beloved handbags! Always though she looked a bit like Iggy tho somewhat lacking the lust for life!! As for me, well in my hey day have been likened to Helena Christianson but am way way shorter and plumper.

Can just picture her peeking out of the handbag (pink of course) but beware - you'd probably get a nasty nip if you tried to get friendly!:giggle:

:hi: V jealous now! :rock:

When I was a little girl "Upstairs Downstairs" was hugely popular and I was often told that I looked like Nicola Pegett and Lesley Anne Down who both starred in the series.

A good few years ago (probably mid 1980s) I was told I looked like Patricia Hodge. Fine, apart from the fact that she's 17 years older than me. :wait:

When I was a little girl "Upstairs Downstairs" was hugely popular and I was often told that I looked like Nicola Pegett and Lesley Anne Down who both starred in the series.

Cor, you must have been a great beauty Almerinda, as both of these 2 ladies were absolutely gorgeous. Hope you've not gone a bit more 'Mrs Bridges' as most of us do as we get older!

I think LJ Rich and Bratz dolls are image of each other hehe

Attachments

• LJ Rich publicity 1.jpg
    LJ Rich publicity 1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 135
  • bratz doll.jpg
    bratz doll.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 144
A good few years ago (probably mid 1980s) I was told I looked like Patricia Hodge. Fine, apart from the fact that she's 17 years older than me. :wait:

But she still looks good on it hon! :up: I'd be happy being compared toPatricia Hodge. :happy: :nod:

Latest posts

Back