Scanner Guard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Having seen the scanner guard demo, I was very sceptic that these are really necassary so I went into three banks plus two building societys, eveyone said that they have never heard of people having their cards scanned through pockets and handbags, I told one of the banks that I had heard that £40 scanners can be bought enabling this theft to take place, his answer was that if this practice was going on the whole country would be bankrupt, these crooks would be scanning every single person that they pass, making themselves billions, he also said if it was this easy to scan peoples cards the banks would be giving these scanner cards to all their customers. This all made sense to me.

Precisely. And has been previously posted by Akimbo and others, if this were a real threat, then the banks would be issued their customers with these things free of charge, rather like the card readers we all have now. They're unnecessary and silly, though they'll be someone along soon to give me a lecture about how I'm not allowed to say that.

If it was that big a problem I'm certain we would be reading about it and hearing about it in the media. This is the first I have heard of it and I read a lot of news from a variety of outlets. This feeds into people's anxiety about access to their money.i haven't felt the need to buy one of these things and agree that if it is a problem banks should be providing them for free.Its their technology after all.

If it was that big a problem I'm certain we would be reading about it and hearing about it in the media. This is the first I have heard of it and I read a lot of news from a variety of outlets. This feeds into people's anxiety about access to their money.i haven't felt the need to buy one of these things and agree that if it is a problem banks should be providing them for free.Its their technology after all.

I agree Turandot, there is sometimes a little 'tickle' of news re identity fraud, but no headline grabbing stuff, so I think this is marketing tactics at its best. If it is a problem, than I shall take Stratobuddy's advice and stick some tin foil in my purse !!!l I would imagine the packaging and marketing of these gadgets completely take up the actual value of the things anyway.

I am also very sceptical about it as it is only on QVC I ever heard about it! I think there is more danger from your card details being taken from a chip and pin device.. and no one ever thinks twice about that.

Latest posts

Back