Sarah Chapman Skinesis *blows a long wet raspberry*

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
I emailed QVC to get a complete ingredients listing for The Overnight Facial product from Sarah Chapman as the Sarah Chapman website only has lists of the "High Performance Actives" and these don't look like a complete ingredients listing to me.

QVC referred me to the website. Bless 'em. I s'pose with all the complaints they've got to handle at the moment they didn't have the time to read the part of my message where I said I'd already done that.

Anyway, so I emailed again, and QVC said that Sarah Chapman would be sending me the info by post.

Guess what I got?

A promo Brochure which just lists the "High Performance Actives" again and none of the less glamourous but necessary stuff that almost all cosmetic products contain.

I guess I won't be trying any Sarah Chapman products then..! :heartbroke:

I emailed QVC to get a complete ingredients listing for The Overnight Facial product from Sarah Chapman as the Sarah Chapman website only has lists of the "High Performance Actives" and these don't look like a complete ingredients listing to me.

QVC referred me to the website. Bless 'em. I s'pose with all the complaints they've got to handle at the moment they didn't have the time to read the part of my message where I said I'd already done that.

Anyway, so I emailed again, and QVC said that Sarah Chapman would be sending me the info by post.

Guess what I got?

A promo Brochure which just lists the "High Performance Actives" again and none of the less glamourous but necessary stuff that almost all cosmetic products contain.

Makes me wonder if she's got something to hide maybe?

As I, and many others have said, QVC REALLY need to start listing the ingriedents on their site so we know what we are buying!

I really wish QVC would list ingredients. There are a couple of chemicals that set off my asthma or eczema (or both!) and and a couple more that I would like to avoid completely because I'm worried about the long term effects they may have.

I have made enquiries to QVC CS about 7 products now and they have so far been unable to provide full ingredients listings for any of them.

That's seven lost sales then innit? :tongue2:

As for the Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial I was going to nip round my friends and read the ingredients straight off her one, but then I thought No - If they can't be straightforward about what's in their products then I don't think I want to deal with them as a company. I'll give my hard earned cash to someone else.

You'd think they'd make more effort to attend to potential customers in a global recession wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

I am using her eye cream. You do get a leaflet with full ingredients for all the products. Now it is really really small writing. Try SpaceNK's site they list ingredients I believe.

Sorry my leaflet is long gone, the cat might have got it.

Another thing QVC does not show, which they used to, is the price per 100ml - just so we know how much we are paying for how much they're selling, grrr. Often they don't even show the size of the bottle onscreen.

clemenzina

I have allergies to a few very common ingredients in skincare and cosmetics and companies that don't list ingredients aren't going to be getting much business from me now that there are alternative retailers often with better prices and postage rates.

Guess what I got?

Hello, Love A'kin, Ally & Mally !

The promo brochure you got from SC, was it a small brown 6cm square leaflet of about 20 pages ?
Does it have the photos of her products and face massage techniques ?

If so, look inside at the end on the last 2 pages. There should be ingredient listings in very fine print.
The pages look like 2 blank pages and I didn't see them at first. But everything's there !

Hope you got that brochure !

I suppose QVC will say that thats why the 30 day money back guarentee is there for but why should we get penalised twice for P&P and then risk getting "the letter" when we send the stuff back!!

The promo brochure you got from SC, was it a small brown 6cm square leaflet of about 20 pages ?

If so, look inside at the end on the last 2 pages. There should be ingredient listings in very fine print.
The pages look like 2 blank pages and I didn't see them at first. But everything's there !

Yes, this is the leaflet they sent me - but they don't have comprehensive ingredients listings - they just have lists of exciting sounding "High Performance Actives"

For example: I know the Eye Recovery contains some kind of chemical ending in -cone (silicone, Dimethicone etc) because I am allergic to those and when I used it I got my standard -cone reaction. It's also obvious from the feel of the product.

There is no silicone type product listed in the "High Performance Actives" box.

There's also no preservative listed and there's barely a cosmetic product around that doesn't contain one - developing a cosmetic product with a water activity low enough that it requires no added preservative is difficult and few brands even attempt it. If they had spent loads of time and money developing a preservative free range I can't help but assume that they'd mention it because that would be a selling point for many people.

Don't worry anyway hon, I won't be buying anything from this brand.

They trumpet "paraben free" from the rooftops but are coy about their other ingredients. That's not a company I want to give my money to. :angry:

I suppose QVC will say that thats why the 30 day money back guarentee is there for but why should we get penalised twice for P&P and then risk getting "the letter" when we send the stuff back!!

Absolutely honey! (I'm scared of "the Letter" :eek:)

I am using her eye cream. You do get a leaflet with full ingredients for all the products. Now it is really really small writing. Try SpaceNK's site they list ingredients I believe.

Sorry my leaflet is long gone, the cat might have got it.

I couldn't find it on space nk hon, but they have to put the full list on/ with the product so I'll pop into space nk and ask them to open up a box for me.

Just for my own satisfaction -I'm not going to buy it now. Too much obfuscation does not give me confidence in a company.

Last edited:

OOps missed that bit about last page hon, but Oh My giddy aunt - that is very tiny small print (printed in pale grey on a white page.) :rolleyes:

I can't even read it with a magnifying glass!

I'll have to copy it and enlarge it to see what it says!

Is anyone getting the impression they don't want us to read the ingredients listings?! :wink2:

God I'm getting so-o-o-o-o-o annoyed trying to read this.

You just know that when I'm done I'm going to post it all over the internet in every darn place I can think of! :D

Here 's the List of Sarah Chapman High Performance active that we're supposed to think is an ingredients list:

High performance actives:

Vitamin A, VCIP Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Lipobrite® HCA-4, Coenzyme Q10, Renovage™, Dermaxyl™ Oligopeptide, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Abyssinian Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Melon Oil, Baobab Oil, Jojoba, Jasmine, Rose

and here's the actual, much less pretty ingredients list printed in pale grey on white that I had to copy and blow up in order to read:

Cetearyl Octonoate

Simmondsia Chinensis Oil

Cyclomethicone (Silicone ANTISTATIC; EMOLLIENT; HAIR CONDITIONING; HUMECTANT; SOLVENT; VISCOSITY CONTROLLING )

Etylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer

Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer (Mineral Oil)

Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate

Caprylic/Capric Tryglyceride ( skin occlusive fragrance)

Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate

PEG-4 ( Humectant, Solvent - Not safe for use on damaged skin)

Hydroxycinnamic acid

C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (antimicrobial skin conditioning agent)

Teprenone

Tribehenin Occlusive Emollient)

Ceramide 2

PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol

Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

Phenyltrimethicone (Antifoaming Agent; Hair Conditioning Agent; Skin-Conditioning Agent - Occlusive)

Citrullus Vulgaris Oil

Adansinia Digitata Seed Oil

Cannabis Sativa seed Oil

Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil

Crambe Abbysinica Seed Oil

Cedrus Deodara Oil

Tocopherol Linoleate

Hyacinthus Orientalis Extract

Jasminum Grandiflorum Flower wax

Santalum Album Oil

Ubiquinone

Limonene (fragrance, classified as an irritant, Known human immune system toxicant)

Retinyl Palmitate

Linalool

Citrus Grandis Oil

Pelagonium Graveolens Oil

Lavandula Augustifolia Oil

Canange Odorata Oil

Thioctic acid

Rosa Damascena Oil

Geraniol Citronellol

Plumeria Alba extract

Aniba Rosaeodora Oil

Benzyl Benzoate

Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Oil

Anthemis Noblis Oil

Polianthes Tuberosa Extract

Eugenol

Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient, Ultraviolet Light Absorber, Known human immune system toxicant)

Benzyl Alcohol

Farnesol

Citral

Hydroxycitronellal

Cinnamyl alcohol

and that's just the ones I recognise -I'll do the rest later.

As I've said before, when a full ingredients list is not provided online, then the company is not fully proud of all of those ingredients...

As I've said before, when a full ingredients list is not provided online, then the company is not fully proud of all of those ingredients...

And never have those words been proved more true than is this case!

If they'd sent me the info in an email that I could actually read I'd just have gone "Oh I see, Not for me then" and that would have been that.

I'd have had to switch channels when Sarah Chapman was on QVC banging on about her pure, high quality, "natural" ingredients of course :rolleyes: - but nothing major.

But since they've clearly gone to such pains to mislead their customers and given me the runaround - I'm now a woman on a mission. ;)

My Mum, my daughter, and my best friend have each been issued with a blown up photocopy of the ingredients listing for a different Sarah Chapman product, and when they've transcribed them I'm going to post them on every beauty blog and review site that I can find.

They'll wish the internet had never been invented! Mwahhahahahaha :D

Thanks for your hard work, Love A'kin, Ally & Mally ! :clapping:
You really are a gem ! :flower:

I'm sure there are lots of people looking for SC's ingredients that haven't had the time or even half your tenacity. :up2:

Good luck on your mission ! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back