S2O Laundry Sheets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
For anybody who is interested...S2O Laundry Sheets are back in new format with more scents, just ordered mine :mysmilie_500:

They are now in packet rather than tub, so will probably need to keep them in a Lock 'n' Lock like the ABC wipes!

I tried the S2O laundry cloths but didn't reorder after the first TSV because I managed to get a stockpile of the previous Stainz r Out laundry cloths which were brilliant (banana scented if anyone remembers them), they worked well as cleaning wipes to clean anything and everything. As a family our clothes don't get filthy dirty since my footy and rowing mad son moved out so I went back to washballs/eco eggs and just throw in a cloth if a deeper clean is required. They'd be better in a packet to take on holiday (yes I do washing when we go away to save on packing; you meet colourful characters in overseas launderettes I find :mysmilie_59:

One word of caution, I have to put the cloths in a lingerie bag because a couple of times they've been sucked through into the filter so I had to drain the machine and dig then out. I'll do a stock take and see how many Stainz R Out cloths I have left and might order these.

I tried the laundry sheets but the smell was very cloying so I now use aldi's finest.

I`ve had the Fabrite ones off Amazon, around £2.90 for 24 sheets but I`ve only used them for hand washing things on holiday. I won`t use them in the machine at home just in case they get sucked into the outlet pipe or pump. Any leftover sheets from the holidays I use on the few things I still handwash.

Both Mr L and I have desk jobs and wear fresh clothes every day but I swear to god that I sometimes think we both work down the mines - just where does it all come from!

I tend to use Aerial or Persil type but I am a very big fan of Colour Catcher sheets. Even though I sort my wash out into colours and non colours, whites etc deep coloured things always seem to run even if they are being washed for the tenth time.

Both Mr L and I have desk jobs and wear fresh clothes every day but I swear to god that I sometimes think we both work down the mines - just where does it all come from!

I tend to use Aerial or Persil type but I am a very big fan of Colour Catcher sheets. Even though I sort my wash out into colours and non colours, whites etc deep coloured things always seem to run even if they are being washed for the tenth time.

Yep I love the colour catcher sheets too and use them in most loads. I tend to have a couple of detergents on the go because I have very sensitive skin so I tend to wash my clothes in a non bio, organic liquid wash by Faith in Nature otherwise I itch like mad. The Faith in Nature stuff is fine for clothes which are lightly soiled but it`s not too great on other items. I get a full year out of one of their 5 litre bottles.
Mr Vienna works outdoors, he`s a landscape gardener so you can imagine the state of his work clothes and so it`s the toughest laundry powder or liquid for his stuff and then mutual items such as bedding or towels are washed in a non bio powder such as Persil or Fairy. Mr Vienna has a habit of bleeding over the towels when he shaves and the Faith in Nature isn`t good enough to remove blood or food stains from tea towels or tablecloths.

Yep I use those colour catcher sheets, Lidl often have them for around 99p so I stock up. DD needs her uniforms turned around overnight so I can throw everything in together with no colours running. I have to put these in a mesh bag too otherwise the machine stops full of water and I find the blighter in the filter - I think it's a problem with my machine's design that small items get sucked out with the water and the safety design cuts out the machine mid cycle.

Yep I use those colour catcher sheets, Lidl often have them for around 99p so I stock up. DD needs her uniforms turned around overnight so I can throw everything in together with no colours running. I have to put these in a mesh bag too otherwise the machine stops full of water and I find the blighter in the filter - I think it's a problem with my machine's design that small items get sucked out with the water and the safety design cuts out the machine mid cycle.

Used to be able to get a colour catcher cloth which was same size as a face flannel as colour catcher sheets block filters. Engineer told me not to use them as they are notorious for getting into filters. Can't find the cloths anymore, Wilko used to have them I think they were Dr Beckman

Gosh Vienna I thought it was only me (as Mr L keeps saying) that needs half a dozen different types
Bio for jeans and tea towels
Coloured non bio for dark underwear
Bio with whitner for whites
Non bio for everything else
Plus a few odd bits and pieces "to be used up"

Although I have a good quality machine I just dont seem to be able to get tea towels or stained items as good as I would like.

I remember the flannel type cloths, I got mine from Lakeland. It was a shock to see the colour it absorbed after just a couple of washes.

I remember the flannel type cloths, I got mine from Lakeland. It was a shock to see the colour it absorbed after just a couple of washes.[/QUOTE

Washed some brand new white undies,the cloth was pale green.
Will look and see if Lakeland still do them.

Here`s a link on how to make your own.
Funnily enough this is what my Mother used to do back in the days of twin tubs when you used the same water for several loads, she used terry nappies cut in half and I always thought it was a daft idea, seemingly not so daft according to this. There was method in her madness afterall.
http://lifehacker.com/5937196/make-your-own-reusable-color-catching-laundry-sheets

Thank for this tip Vienna,if I can`t find any at Lakeland will try this.

Latest posts

Back