Ruth Langsford TSV 12/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Helene Berman is on presenting the range so they have decided someone of her age will appeal to the target audience? Thank goodness, although they all look as is anyone above a 34A bust would have problems? I am in the older age ,70’s and a couple of comments I have made to someone much younger recently their response has been ‘ahhhh bless you’! What? I am not some doting granny but someone who needs to experience the world.Message to the younger generation re-think the way you meet those on their 60’s , 70’s and beyond!We do not need a‘bless you’!

Yes I agree. This latest generation 'lot' need to realise that we were the first to burn our bras, danced in skimpies at music festivals long before Glasto ! and were earning our own money as teenagers instead of relying on the bank of Mum & Dad, we were not born in the Edwardian era, so we only need 'bless you' when we sodding well sneeze ! So next time you hear 'ah bless you', just say sorry I haven't sneezed - have I ?

Glowing reviews, including one from someone who has posted seven in last two weeks, every one 5* & all for Ruthie's 'designs'. The following made my teeth hurt & as dentists aren't going to be back until well into next year I closed down the Q's site asap!
'Wow yet again Ruth you have done brilliantly, I received the cobalt today and it is so beautiful, soft and comfortable, if money wasn't an option I would buy all colours and now a scarf to match is there no end to your talent' :sick:

Glowing reviews, including one from someone who has posted seven in last two weeks, every one 5* & all for Ruthie's 'designs'. The following made my teeth hurt & as dentists aren't going to be back until well into next year I closed down the Q's site asap!
'Wow yet again Ruth you have done brilliantly, I received the cobalt today and it is so beautiful, soft and comfortable, if money wasn't an option I would buy all colours and now a scarf to match is there no end to your talent' :sick:
🤮

Come on, I like Ruth but there's no designing talent there. There's probably junior designers somewhere that have been asked to design along the lines of Ruth's "ideas" and then she just says "yes, they will do" and on ya go girls, get your cash out. She's not sitting down every day designing clothes, choosing fabrics, checking quality. She just isn't doing that. She's saying can we do this, China is saying yes and there you go. She's making money. That's what we all have to do and if we can make more by our "fame" then we'll do it. I have no fame and if I could sign off some luxe leggings and some diamante dodgy bling biker jacket for a fortune, hell, shoo shoo, I'd do it.

CC

Yes I agree. This latest generation 'lot' need to realise that we were the first to burn our bras, danced in skimpies at music festivals long before Glasto ! and were earning our own money as teenagers instead of relying on the bank of Mum & Dad, we were not born in the Edwardian era, so we only need 'bless you' when we sodding well sneeze ! So next time you hear 'ah bless you', just say sorry I haven't sneezed - have I ?

Love it! I should have said the lockdown interfered with by plans to trek across Mongolia.

When these reviews are so OTT are they really made by sycophantic viewers ? or has she got son Jack and his mates to post glowing comments.

Yes CC, we all know she's not the designer, but its her 'self' trumpet blowing thats hard to take., and every presentation now has 'the hand' sweeping across the garment with the same old comments. And has anyone bought those T shirts with the zip at the back neck ? I wondered if they're scratchy and a bit of a nuisance catching in your hair.

She has said a couple of times ‘when QVC approached me’ . So that smacks of them wanting another celebrity to front one of their brands. She talks of meetings with QVC designers, and they give her samples to approve.

I've got to say that some of the comments that Ruth comes out with, I totally agree with, she says she doesn't like tops to be so low cut that any cleavage is on show, or tops that gape so you have to wear a camisole under or wear a pin, agree that I don't like skirts that flap open...but we don't need Ruth Langsford to state the bleedin' obvious. She might be on our screens every day, and a similar age to a lot of Q's viewers, but she's not our best buddy, one of us. I'd be happier if Q came up with an anonymous "designed by you" range where viewers tell them what they want and they find ranges that fit those requests. My list include natural fabric and affordable prices, and wearable designs that don't make you look like your nan's sofa!

If there's one thing I will never wear it's a low cut top - nor will loads of other women, old and young. I definitely don't want to look at presenters and models exposing (a tease of/a part of) (huge/wrinkly/skinny or any other kind of) boobs, thank you very much. Since it's my money and I'm definitely not someone who likes to have an eyeful, please keep this in mind, QVC. It's likely to have the opposite effect on me. (After the huge prices have done their worst, that is).

I've got to say that some of the comments that Ruth comes out with, I totally agree with, she says she doesn't like tops to be so low cut that any cleavage is on show, or tops that gape so you have to wear a camisole under or wear a pin, agree that I don't like skirts that flap open...but we don't need Ruth Langsford to state the bleedin' obvious. She might be on our screens every day, and a similar age to a lot of Q's viewers, but she's not our best buddy, one of us. I'd be happier if Q came up with an anonymous "designed by you" range where viewers tell them what they want and they find ranges that fit those requests. My list include natural fabric and affordable prices, and wearable designs that don't make you look like your nan's sofa!

I think all of us would agree with you.

I would love to see more cheesecloth/seersucker type fabrics, in styles that would float around the body, so in Summer we can really be cool. I've always liked corduroy - its not a fabric thats been popular for many years, but I love a good cordy jacket - make a change from the current biker fad.

QVC used to sell loads of cotton summer clothes years ago, Genevieve Redmond used to be the guest. I had a maxi dress that I always wore (until it shrunk or I grew :rolleyes:) Then that sweaty stretch poly only came along and I'm assuming it's much cheaper as just about everything Q sells is made from it. It's really nasty on warm holidays as it sticks to you.

CC

QVC used to sell loads of cotton summer clothes years ago, Genevieve Redmond used to be the guest. I had a maxi dress that I always wore (until it shrunk or I grew :rolleyes:) Then that sweaty stretch poly only came along and I'm assuming it's much cheaper as just about everything Q sells is made from it. It's really nasty on warm holidays as it sticks to you.

CC
Many of the tat peddlers seem proud of the fact that they don't own an iron, something that's said often when selling the benefits of a polyester item. Ironing isn't my favourite activity but it's essential if you want to look smart. I worked with a woman who had her ironing done, put her clothes away in a jam-packed wardrobe & had to iron them before being able to wear them

Like yourself Twilight I’ve never been comfortable in unironed stuff be it bedclothes or clothes I’ve never been able to rock the casual creased look even though I envy those who do and look well in it.

When Mr L was working it was suit, steamed after 2 wears, fresh crisp shirt (do I sound like glen?) every day, boy has retirement made a difference to my laundry!

I have wardrobes and a free standing hanging rail which have my clothes on, but yep, there are still some items - particularly in the crepe like fabrics that need ironing again before they're worn, which is frustrating. I only occasionally might wear a top that hasn't been ironed, if I'm not going anywhere, and I take the reasoning that my body heat will take the creases out 🤭

I hate ironing with a passion the only stuff I iron is my pure linen I love Irish linen the best its crisp and a lovely weight.

Latest posts

Back