Ruth Langsford TSV 12/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't stand ironing but because my work uniform needs ironing I can't get away with not doing it, plus oh's trousers, shirts etc. If you get your t shirts straight off the washing line and smooth them out with your hands and fold them neatly that works, but I find it won't work on anything more substantial. Oh reckons I over load the washing machine, so maybe that's why things get more creased..I don't think I do btw! If he had his way, the washing machine would have to be on morning, noon and night to get everything done! I Keep my clothes in the bedroom upstairs on 3 clothes rails and I find they hang much better than in the wardrobe..Oh has the downstairs wardrobes..and we each have a chest of drawers....He has more clothes than I do!

Get ready for some awful Q fashion heading this way. I was reading a magazine yesterday and they had a full page of what is supposed to be the fashion must have for Winter, the knitted dress.
Knitted dresses look ok on some people depending on the style, fabric and length but somehow I have my doubts QVC and its brands will get this right. I`ll wait and see, it will be JR squashed into a small and DF looking like a troll as it reaches her ankles and not to mention the brands will cut corners and there`ll be awful colours, useless length sleeves and either too short or too long.

Vienna, I think most designers have difficulty with any fabric other than poly/elastene with a bit of viscose thrown in. Years ago Michelle Hope did a lot of knitted stuff - skirts included, and when Lenny arrived with Nina Leonard, he did a few dresses in light knitteds, but they do tend to 'grow' if not washed carefully, also there is the danger of 'pilling', so hopefully the latest fashion won't be awash on Q.

Latest posts

Back