Ruth Langsford Fashion Edit TSV 21/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jill Franks during the Kim & Co TSV said how she’s had loads of comments regarding biker jackets.
She clearly said more than once, that people are telling her not more biker jackets and that they are really fed up with them.
Yes, I heard her say that too. She had clearly forgotten that another version was due in a day or two!

I can`t wear short jackets such as biker ones. I`m tall and long waisted so they tend to finish just under my bust and nowhere near my waist and resemble a bolero not a jacket.
As for the latest Ruthie offering, well at pennies under 70 quid with p and p if I was in the market for a biker then I`d rather pay a bit extra and get the real leather one in the link below and they have several in the sale at that price and have had for weeks, in fact most sizes are sold out now. I get regular emails from Lakeland Leather and they regularly have great discounts.

Horrible looking thing from RL and it's been done to death over the past year. The price is daft for a bit of plastic and I would look ridiculous in it anyway. Maybe 40 years ago I would have liked it, not nowadays. Get most of my clothes from Peacocks and George. Pricewise they are both excellent and I like them. Although I have 3 Quiz dresses that would've been dear, but I got them in a sale and they are lovely. Never get the chance to wear them as sadly haven't been anywhere for ages. I am a legging a top person really.

Judging by the reviews Ruthie's market is populated by ladies her age & older, maybe the younger ones are too embarrassed to admit they buy her Chinese tat. Consequently it'll be very interesting to read the feedback for this creation.

Me too ! I'm knocking on for 73 and I'd have to be in a coma to wear that stuff. It begs the question, what will Ruthie be wearing when she IS my age :oops: . For me her range is a strange mix, on the one hand its the Building Society look, then its dressing the mature woman in jeans, and then its trying to get everyone into denim style jackets / biker jackets.

Well, she might have updated her hairstyle, but the sight of pointed toe high heels peeping under the hem of ground sweeping jeans is definitely not for me. I honestly don't know what does suit Ruth, because she just looks 'dated' or trying too hard in everything she wears.

That's a great deal ! I don't 'get' this pleather/faux business - ok if you don't want to wear leather, but surely faux leather is just plastic ?? like all those faux leather bags and purses, its plastic, ladies !!!!
It should have Made For Vegans on the swing tag.

Judging by the reviews Ruthie's market is populated by ladies her age & older, maybe the younger ones are too embarrassed to admit they buy her Chinese tat. Consequently it'll be very interesting to read the feedback for this creation.
There’s a early twenties ice skater who has filmed herself in one of Ruth’s jackets performing on the ice. 🤭😂

I thought I heard her mention that it was washable surely you can’t do that with a plastic material ☹️
These plastic jobs are indestructible, I think , unless you rip them. But why would you want to wash them ? You can wipe the ketchup, or whatever off with a baby wipe. The polyester lining might need freshening up if it is tight for you under the arms, but surely not often.

Me too ! I'm knocking on for 73 and I'd have to be in a coma to wear that stuff. It begs the question, what will Ruthie be wearing when she IS my age :oops: . For me her range is a strange mix, on the one hand its the Building Society look, then its dressing the mature woman in jeans, and then its trying to get everyone into denim style jackets / biker jackets.
ell, she might have updated her hairstyle, but the sight of pointed toe high heels peeping under the hem of ground sweeping jeans is definitely not for me. I honestly don't know what does suit Ruth, because she just looks 'dated' or trying too hard in everything she wears.
Her style seems to be 'casual/formal.' On the QVC models, stilettos with jeans looks great, but on Ruth the combination lays an egg. Her hair is still too picture perfect. IMO she should push her hair back off her face and wear her jeans, trainers and a nice jumper. It look would look better.

Ruth's pleather jackets (especially the light coloured ones) look like plastic on the tv screen. She says they are a superior quality faux leather and unlike the type of material you'd see in high street brands that cost less than hers.
It's plastic bonded onto polyester, both made from petroleum so harming the planet from extraction to when these garments get discarded. If Ruthie & any of the tat peddlers claim her jackets are vegan friendly they need to know the manufacturing details because sometimes there are animal products included in the process. Now I've said all of that I'll get down from my pedestal 😇

Latest posts

Back