Ruth Langsford Fashion Edit TSV 21/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Back to the jacket…..it’s up now and surprisingly or perhaps disappointing (to me anyway) the TSV price is £64.92 plus P&P: £3.95. thats dearer than the old faux jacket I bought in green a couple of weeks ago 🤨😔

Jill Franks during the Kim & Co TSV said how she’s had loads of comments regarding biker jackets.
She clearly said more than once, that people are telling her not more biker jackets and that they are really fed up with them.

Ruth Langsford Croc Embossed Faux Leather Biker Jacket
Item Number: 190023
QVC Price £85.00
Todays Special Value Price £64.92
P&P £3.95
3 Easy Pays of £21.64

This faux leather biker jacket from Ruth Langsford has a fantastic croc-embossed finish and features metal fastenings at the collar, seam details on the back, an asymmetric zip front fastening and printed lining, plus zipped pockets and cuffs. Add a bit of rock-chic to any outfit with this fashionable take on a timeless biker jacket.

A seriously stylish staple - this chic design is one to throw on over practically anything. Dressed up for a party or dinner date? Pop this jacket on to finish your look with a rocky edge. Running errands or meeting a friend for a casual catch-up? Slip it over your everyday attire to feel instantly stylish.

It's comfortable too! With a little bit of stretch in the croc embossed faux leather fabric and a relaxed fit, this fabulous biker is comfortable to wear and easy to move in. The asymmetric zip means you can wear it open at the front too, which will also show off snippets of the printed lining.

Rock your favourite colour - this beautiful biker comes in a choice of five colours, including classic Black, gorgeous Chocolate or Cappuccino, or autumn/winter-ready Burgundy or Dark Green. We won't blame you for wanting one in every shade!

• Coating: 100% polyurethane; backing: 92% polyester, 8% elastane; lining: 97% polyester, 3% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Chocolate
  • Dark Green
  • Black
  • Burgundy
  • Cappuccino

Garment measurements:

• Chest: 8: 91.4cm (36"), 10: 93.9cm (37"), 12: 96.5cm (38"), 14: 99.1cm (39"), 16: 102.9cm (40.5"), 18: 106.7cm (42"), 20: 110.5cm (43.5"), 22: 115.2cm (45.4")
  • Length: 8: 56.5cm (22.3"), 10: 56.8cm (22.4"), 12: 57.2cm (22.5"), 14: 57.6cm (22.7"), 16: 58cm (22.8"), 18: 58.7cm (23.1"), 20: 59.4cm (23.3"), 22: 60.2cm (23.7")

All measurements are approximate

Jill Franks during the Kim & Co TSV said how she’s had loads of comments regarding biker jackets.
She clearly said more than once, that people are telling her not more biker jackets and that they are really fed up with them.
Yep, I caught that too, I wonder if it was 'cause they were selling some kind of mock croc plether rag that was styled a bit like a biker jacket? "Who needs a blimmin' biker jacket when you can have this instead?" Silly mare, she used the term biker jacket presumably as a selling point, then slagged them off in the same breath -Make your mind up! Did make me giggle. When they start slagging off denim jackets, then I think it's really time to worry! I think hell will freeze over before they start saying " Who needs sweaty polyester when you can have pure cotton/linen etc"!

Can you imagine the amount of biker jackets that are going to end up in charity shops up and down the country 🤭 🤭 - its taken the place of the cold shoulder and shark bite hem !
I remember recently there was one of these Q stylist on, presenter in the hour referenced a shark bite hem. Guest looked at her like she’d spoke something totally understandable then recovering from the shock she commented she’d never heard of such a hem.
Well you haven’t been watching fashions at Q love I thought 🤭😂😂

A seriously stylish staple - this chic design is one to throw on over practically anything. Dressed up for a party or dinner date? Pop this jacket on to finish your look with a rocky edge. Running errands or meeting a friend for a casual catch-up? Slip it over your everyday attire to feel instantly stylish.

I misread the third sentence as rocky ledge & then tried to imagine people running errands & feeling instantly stylish. BTW do people still do that?

I misread the third sentence as rocky ledge & then tried to imagine people running errands & feeling instantly stylish. BTW do people still do that?
Running errands sounds very old fashioned but some might say so is this jacket although I quite like it 😊. Rocky always makes me think of Rocky road biscuits. Yum!

Yep, I caught that too, I wonder if it was 'cause they were selling some kind of mock croc plether rag that was styled a bit like a biker jacket? "Who needs a blimmin' biker jacket when you can have this instead?" Silly mare, she used the term biker jacket presumably as a selling point, then slagged them off in the same breath -Make your mind up! Did make me giggle. When they start slagging off denim jackets, then I think it's really time to worry! I think hell will freeze over before they start saying " Who needs sweaty polyester when you can have pure cotton/linen etc"!
I found the clip where Jill said this & got the impression that she doesn't like the biker jacket style. She also commented that others had also said they'd had enough & I'm sure that I read a post on here about that being put on the Q's fb page. The limp lettuce jacket that was being shown during this chat was nasty & looked ridiculous worn over a ditsy print dress with its sleeves pushed up.

Christ on a bike(r) - not another one!!! Only viewing on my phone screen right now, but this one looks particularly plasticky! Fgs folks, if you must have a biker jacket, invest in a real leather one, and if you look hard enough you’ll probably find one not much more expensive than this and it’ll last you for years! She can keep all her dog poo brown and sludgey green offerings on the rails and she can sweep her hands across the fabric until her blinking arm drops off for I care - on yer bike Ruth - and don’t forget your helmet- oh yeah, you’ve got it on already!!

I found the clip where Jill said this & got the impression that she doesn't like the biker jacket style. She also commented that others had also said they'd had enough & I'm sure that I read a post on here about that being put on the Q's fb page. The limp lettuce jacket that was being shown during this chat was nasty & looked ridiculous worn over a ditsy print dress with its sleeves pushed up.
I couldn't have described it better myself!!! It was a dirty pink colour and matched up with a ditsy print dress as you said which was a browny, reddish tone? The colours clashed horribly as much as the two styles didn't look right together. It looked like she'd thrown something on quick to run down and answer the door! I remember that leather look fabric from the 1970's - My friend had a little jacket made from it and from about 20 feet away it might have looked a bit like a leather jacket, but move in a foot or two and the sight of cheap polyester smacked you right between the eyes!

Latest posts

Back