Rip off.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I know QVCs prices and P&P are a frequent topic here but I am absolutely staggered by how out of touch they are. I recently took a liking to a pair of Emu Isa Lo leather boots and was about to purchase from QVC when it struck me I should have a shop around first. I managed to find the same boots on Amazon for exactly half of QVC's price! Not only that but delivery was free too, with the pledge of free returns if I was not satisfied. When they arrived, on the third day, the boots were gorgeous and everything I could have wanted. Sadly, the boots just did't suit my feet and I didn't find them at all comfortable. The return was easy to arrange and Amazon refunded the amount it cost me to send the boots back via the post office. You can have a courier come and collect if you prefer. Otherwise it would have cost me the best part of £20 to look at them and realise they didn't suit me, which I have done before on QVC.

How can QVC keep operating against such competition? Not only did I save myself a small fortune but everything was settled so quickly. I had the boots returned with the refund back in my bank before a QVC purchase would even have been delivered!

I can't help but think they're only surviving by getting new customers who don't yet know any better or the minority who can afford to pay anything without caring.

I think QVC will have to do something about their P&P soon. I am still smarting from the shock of ordering a few items from the last clicks and a couple of other things, altogether 8 items and the postage was about £38-£39 :mysmilie_466:.........I know it is a shocker:whew: Some of them were around £3.95 but most at £4.95 :doh:
I learnt my lesson :mysmilie_478: My other half does not know :mysmilie_11: otherwise I will not hear the end of it how he "cannot believe it, etc, etc" even though he did not pay for them:sad: In fact, I have not told anyone, but you:mysmilie_11:
So those last clicks were no bargains really:sad:
I am only confessing my folly here so that no one else would be fooled by the last clicks. If you look, most of the last click items are usually £ 3.95 P&P or more.

I think QVC will have to do something about their P&P soon. I am still smarting from the shock of ordering a few items from the last clicks and a couple of other things, altogether 8 items and the postage was about £38-£39 :mysmilie_466:.........I know it is a shocker:whew: Some of them were around £3.95 but most at £4.95 :doh:
I learnt my lesson :mysmilie_478: My other half does not know :mysmilie_11: otherwise I will not hear the end of it how he "cannot believe it, etc, etc" even though he did not pay for them:sad: In fact, I have not told anyone, but you:mysmilie_11:
So those last clicks were no bargains really:sad:
I am only confessing my folly here so that no one else would be fooled by the last clicks. If you look, most of the last click items are usually £ 3.95 P&P or more.

Nuff said :wink:

Hi,

I think they trade on those ppl who are not internet savvy.

However I do agree that they will have to sort themselves out soon.

Cheers,
Karen

I will never from order from Q again unless I want to use the 30MBG! This does happen as I did with with Revitalash & loved it-----but lots of things No No No!!!!!

I agree QVC postage is very unfair at times - does it make you feel any better Caretodiffer that it would have been the same when the "last clicks" were at full price? I've just paid £4.95 P&P for a pair of Skecher trainers, but they were at half price so I gritted my teeth!

I agree QVC postage is very unfair at times - does it make you feel any better Caretodiffer that it would have been the same when the "last clicks" were at full price? I've just paid £4.95 P&P for a pair of Skecher trainers, but they were at half price so I gritted my teeth!

I really don't know, Frazzled, :thinking: I don't think I would have ordered so many items if they were on full prices:wonder:

I think Q have a core audience who, as lawrenson has said, are not computer savvy and are over-reassured by the 30 day MBG.
It is all too easy for them to sit, watch & press the red button or telephone in their order.

I don't think Q care they have been a few comments made by presenters over pand p charges lately!

I agree that the P&P on QVC is getting ridiculous. I recently purchased the Instyler which had a P&P of £6 or £7 if I remember correctly. I ended up returning it under 30 day MBG as found that the rotating barrel only rolled one way so it meant that one side of my hair was frizzy and the other smooth. It also cost me £5 to send it back so I was well out of pocket and with nothing to show for it....... I haven't ordered anything since even though I have seen a few items I liked the look of as do not want to 'take a chance' anymore. I will now only buy something that I know that I will not have to send back and only if it really is good value. I too have been ordering from Amazon and find this a lot better (as another person has said). I bought mine and my hubby's Skagen watches for Christmas last year and they were £35 cheaper EACH and FREE P&P....... QVC really should take note.

I only buy the odd beauty TSV from them and if I like the look of something I shop around and usually end up getting it from Amazon with free p&p (and usually cheaper!) They've lost so many sales from me due to the ridiculous amount they charge.I'm amazed they still manage to shift so much stuff with all the competition that's out there.

Noticed that IW have free p&p for online orders. Q, please note!!!

I think this is on selected items for a limited period this weekend.
The 09.00 Monday Morning Madness show items are generally free p&p for the show duration too.

I have noticed that IW no longer show the p&p costs on the item web page, it is now shown when checking the basket.

I bought two instylers, one for me one for a present for Christmas, and had the same problem as DMS, but zi rang customer service, and explained I was worried the one for a present would do the same, and she sent me a return label, to sent both of them back, and out of the 30 days as well.

But I wonder just how many people dont bother to return small items because of the p&p.

I think we all suspect that a fair amount of QVC's profit is generated from their vastly inflated p&p charges, which of course won't be anywhere near as high as personal postage rates (such as we would be paying) as they are shipping vast numbers of items, so will have a hugely discounted rate both with RM & whichever couriers they use!
I guess this also pays for the undoubtedly high cost of running a dedicated TV channel.......& of course that freephone number, the costs of which must be fairly eye-watering, not helped by them constantly encouraging Ethel from Hull to ring in & burble on about how cosy comfy she finds NN bedding & how marvellous it is for her tired old bones.......cheers QVC, cheers Ethel, yuo keep racking up that phone bill & I'll keep paying for it with my fiver postage charge whenever I want a new pair of Birkis, eh....?
:tongue:

QVC will never be able to compete with Amazon (mind you, we moan about the Q website, the Amazon one is beyond atrocious, trying to find anything on there is akin to taking on one of the more mentally challenging Krypton Factor tests!) for two reasons:
1. Amazon doesn't have the expense of running a TV channel!
2. Amazon, who are based in Luxembourg, don't have to worry about handing over any of their profit billions to silly & annoying sundry expenses like UK bl**dy tax.....they get to keep it, yay for them, poo for the UK economy! Maybe many people feel like I do & figure that as this whole country is going down the pan anyway, they'll just close their eyes to the whole idea of it & say ta for the free p&p.....better in my pocket than the pocket of the (for example) 31 year old from Latvia with 10 blinkin' children demanding a bigger house.....every man for himself 'n' all that....!
:up:

Here endeth the rant.

Why do I feel as if I have just had my knuckles rapped when I agree with much of what Kitten says? - especially the last part....

Last edited:
kitten - not sure i agree about the personal postage thing - even with the recent increase, postage is usually less on ebay.

i've always been of the opinion, the majority of their income comes from people who are new/housebound/elderly/no transport/live miles from shops and don't go online which is why i would be interested to know what percentage of sales are from the website. mind you, they bang on about "exclusive to qvc" so often that maybe the gullible just don't think they'll be able to get it elsewhere.

Whatever the economic argument is for P&P, I still think they could do something like "1 P&P charge per order" or per day, but charging anything between £3 and £7 for each item really adds a lot onto the cost. I just bought a Last Clicks nightshirt for £10 with £3.95 P&P and I was thinking of getting two to compare but once I saw the total cost in the shopping basket, I decided just to stick with one. I guess QVC do well on impulse buys but eventually, we all start to see how the P&P adds up. I didn't used to mind when I first started shopping with them but it's a big consideration nowadays.

I think it's outrageous that they charge full P&P for 2 identical item numbers of different colours/sizes etc regardless of weight.

Latest posts

Back