Ridiculous Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Just flicked on the Nina Leonard show to see Julia dressed in a black dress that was too short and far too tight for her - no doubt a small!! Then she had teamed this with some bright pink flip flops. She looked absolutely ridiculous. I have turned it over because I cannot stand watching her acting like queen B any longer.

The dress is apparently faux suede. I've never seen suede that's THAT shiny (if at all)!

Too tight across the bust, too short in the leg. Julia, with the best will in the world you don't have the knees for a short dress... and the flip flops may address your foot problems and allow you to stand in comfort, but are there no closed flat pumps that would serve the same purpose?

Rather lengthy section of the programme spent on why Julia is wearing the pink flipflops.... a) she thought she had her white ones at the studio... b) she can't get anything else on her feet... c) an injury incurred while vacuuming.

I saw a glimpse and yes the look did her no favours plus she also appears to be hitting the shimmerbrick or something similar a tad heavy handed too. Hope she isn`t taking beauty advice from AY or she`s doomed.
I also had a chuckle when she was pushing the tsv and saying how it will regenerate the skin and give you a healthy glow etc, not from where I was sitting it doesn`t Julia, your eye bags and lines were standing out by a mile !

Julia said she is wearing a small and its fits her fine. hmmmm . Its too short and too tight and a bit girlish .She did say she would have worn it with black tights but for her dodgy toe.

Gawd, they all seem to be going down the Peony Primrose route of the shorter the skirt the better ! Do they not look in a mirror this Julia/Julie duo ? you're both too old - yes too old for the "tighter and shorter the better" look.

I'm sorry ladies but I thought she looked great and the dress was neither too short or too tight. Perhaps you would all like to post pictures of yourselves so we can see what perfect looks like!

I'm sorry ladies but I thought she looked great and the dress was neither too short or too tight. Perhaps you would all like to post pictures of yourselves so we can see what perfect looks like!

You are entitled to a different opinion. The difference between anyone thinking she looks a sight is that we are not appearing on TV trying to sell clothes. In that context it is entirely justified to be critical of Julia's appearance in the clothing she is selling.

I don't recall any of us posting in this thread claiming to be perfect. We are merely stating our opinions just like you are!

Well when I`m trying to flog fashion or skincare to the gullible I`ll not worry about looking like the tin man, a sack of spuds tied in the middle, will stammer and stutter, claw my hands, wear mis shapen shoes on my mis shapen feet, will interrupt people continously, will flash my engagement ring and wedding band continously, bore people with tales about my kids, grandkids and pets, buy a motorbike, design a dreadful piece of glass jewellery, fancy myself rotten, write a boring blog full of boring info, lie I`m a size small and then people will fawn over me, writes long loving posts about me, defend me on fb , forums and twitter, twitch with anticipation until I arrive back on their telly screens and polish my pedestal based in La La Land.
Until then I shall remain frightfully imperfect but free speaking and free thinking.

the dress was too small across the bust and hip. shift dresses are cruel if you have a dropped tummy. dont i know it. the plus sized model looked ok as it was not pulling but the thinner models legs look paticularly scraggy as the dress was too short.

Well to be fair to Julia, she looked utterly mortified to be stuck in that dress (which she was at pains to say was not her normal style) and she looked uncomfortable as hell when the (cruel) cameraman zoomed in on her and slowly panned up her body, I felt quite sorry for her!

Well to be fair to Julia, she looked utterly mortified to be stuck in that dress (which she was at pains to say was not her normal style) and she looked uncomfortable as hell when the (cruel) cameraman zoomed in on her and slowly panned up her body, I felt quite sorry for her!

Nah don't feel sorry for her, she could have refused to wear it.

Nah don't feel sorry for her, she could have refused to wear it.

Ha ha, you're right, this is why I got caught up in that ridiculous closed FB group that shall remain unnamed (before the scales eventually fell) cos I'm a SAP!!!!

She put on a mesh panelled cardigan later in the show and it improved matters across the bust. I agree that she didn't look comfortable in what she was given to wear... it was a plain coloured item, whereas it's harder to spot the body's failings in a more lively pattern. Something like a maxi dress would have been perfect for her, but it's the wrong time of the year. Maybe if they'd had something like palazzo pants it would have worked for her.

There is much to be said to dress to suit your bodyshape. As a selly TV presenter that's constrained by the ranges on offer (and they're not supposed to wear stuff that's not in the shows)... but some of them are craftier than others... and she could have used her current predicament to her advantage, surely... by wearing a top or cardigan from the hour with something more flattering down below that was not from either the range or QVC.

Personally i thought she would have looked ok if the dress had been a size bigger so it fitted better - it would probably have been just a tad longer although the length looked fine to me. She also needs to wear a proper 'shoe' instead of flop flops, toe post wedges etc.

What is it with shoes and the QVC women ? There's Julia with the toe posts, Debbie with her white sling back wedges, JF with purple moon boots attached to the end of spaghetti legs and worn with a one-shouldered beige dress. Then there's CHuntley who is a tall woman, wearing 5 inch heels and towering over the guests to the extent that she has to stoop to stay in the same screen shot!

What is frustrating with Julia is that she is clearly an attractive woman who looks after herself. She's also a seasoned and professional selly telly presenter and until relatively recently was someone you could rely on to do the job well, and be nicely turned out.

I don't think there would be any problem if Julia herself would just recognise that middle-aged spread has finally caught up with her, and choose her clothes accordingly. It's difficult to make an equivalency with performing under studio lights in terms of what looks good and what doesn't... the lights are huge and bright and hot... the camera adds about 1/2 a stone in weight too. Chances are what she's wearing looks perfectly acceptable off camera... just not on camera. If sticking with the small, a pattern is a must. If wearing plain, I think she does need to size up. And if you have no choice but to wear flip-flops trousers would work better. I would have thought she could insist they brought some of the wider-legged trousers down for the show, and she could have worn a more fitted plain top with them. Then the shoes would not have been an issue at all... or a pattern and the tight fit would not have been so glaringly obvious.

We all make fashion or simple dressing mistakes all the time, and would probably be traumatised by a first brush with a monitor having dressed "nicely" to find it all wrong on screen. But this isn't Julia's first gig, she's not wearing L plates... so even with the injury she's recovering from she should be able to do better.

Why do some British women hang onto youth & end up looking older that their years?I saw our PM Ms. May on TV this a.m & despite any Political allegiance I thought for a lady of a certain age she looked 'polished'.No need to hit the 'cover grey colour', make up obviously there but not 'glam' & clothes not high fashion (daft for her age) but classic.

Well when I`m trying to flog fashion or skincare to the gullible I`ll not worry about looking like the tin man, a sack of spuds tied in the middle, will stammer and stutter, claw my hands, wear mis shapen shoes on my mis shapen feet, will interrupt people continously, will flash my engagement ring and wedding band continously, bore people with tales about my kids, grandkids and pets, buy a motorbike, design a dreadful piece of glass jewellery, fancy myself rotten, write a boring blog full of boring info, lie I`m a size small and then people will fawn over me, writes long loving posts about me, defend me on fb , forums and twitter, twitch with anticipation until I arrive back on their telly screens and polish my pedestal based in La La Land.
Until then I shall remain frightfully imperfect but free speaking and free thinking.

Yes but we are not selling clothing and pretending they fit us to perfection.

Why do some British women hang onto youth & end up looking older that their years?I saw our PM Ms. May on TV this a.m & despite any Political allegiance I thought for a lady of a certain age she looked 'polished'.No need to hit the 'cover grey colour', make up obviously there but not 'glam' & clothes not high fashion (daft for her age) but classic.

Yes, I thought she looked great too. Good colour in the orange for standing out in a sea of black/navy suits.

It seems that being a royal or a political figure are the only ways you get to age naturally. I hope this continues to be the case as the media generally don't serve us well with positive images of older women ageing gracefully and naturally.

some presenters manage to wear qvc fashion well but julia does get it badly wrong. even the fashion promotion when she talks about her love of fashion with the changing seasons she is wearing a tight shift dress and baggy long boots. those boots look like those ill fitting ones qvc sold many years ago. they should be in the bin

Latest posts

Back