Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Smug little gnome? Like this you mean? :happy:

ojdyfk.jpg

Any excuse to get it out again.... (the pic, not Dickie and his fertiliser)

OMG! multiple RJ's - you must be very good at propagating !

I have had not bad results with QVc plants, but not to the claims. I have hellebores that are beautiful at moment but when bought 2 years ago was promised flowers the first year.

I've had dead twigs from the tree peonies, leaves but no flowers from the hibiscus and lovely foliage but not a single grape from the vine bought several years ago. I also got some brown lavender. I wouldn't mind but I've actually got green fingers! Everything else grows like crazy in my garden. I did get fantastic results from the tree lilies and blueberries. It's a bit hit and miss so I don't buy plants from QVC any more unless they look foolproof and the value is amazing to tempt me.

I vowed to myself that having listened to RJ's exaggerated claims (aka lies) over the years and been taken in by them many times that I would never succumb to this man's untruths any more.
Unfortunately, after 3 years of abstinence, my laziness got the better of me last weekend, when rather than go to the garden centre, I thought I'd give him another chance and went for the 'Alstromeria Golden Glow Bare Roots' that he was flogging. I've got no issues with delivery as they arrived yesterday. When I looked inside the box I was surprised at how small the roots actually were. I remembered them being presented as quite large roots. The same plant was on again this morning so I had a chance compared the size of what he was saying that we'd have and the small specimens that I had. There was no comparison, mine were half the size!!- How can this man keep getting away with these lies?
Surely it give QVC a bad name. Don't QVC realise that we need presenters that we can trust. Don't QVC realise that they would sell more gardening items if they wern't fronted by this oh so smug market trader

Keith

I have not succeeded with plants bought from QVC, but then again I have had no success with any plants I've bought and have had sent through the post. I suspect that the time it takes to get them delivered is my problem, rather than where they are bought from.

I have only bought plants once from Q, blue trailing pansies and they were lovely, planted them in tubs. However I generally get my plants from the local market, very good quality and amazing prices. the gardening stuff on Q really hacks me off, half of it seems to be ornaments and it is beyond me why they have to pay three people to waft on for up to 15 mins at a time about solar lights or twirly shiny things.

Don't QVC realise that they would sell more gardening items if they weren't fronted by this oh so smug market trader

Keith

Having re-read my earlier comment, I realise that comparing this man to a market trader is a deep insult to all market traders. - sorry. He was at it again this morning - grrrrrrrrrrrr

Regarding Flower Power, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is and I've bought a pouch. I'm doing my own trials against a much cheaper brand, so far I've had it a fortnight and despite RJ saying I should see results in seven days I haven't yet. I will try it on flowers and vegetables, in particular tomatoes. I also make my own feed from comfrey leaves so I shall compare it with this later in the year.

Both myself and my cousin purchased plants from QVC hers were twigs supposed to grow into beautiful shrubs, didin't, still twigs, mine sweet peas, grew but not like on the QVC TSV - WILL NEVER BUY QVC PLANTS AGAIN - RUBBISH

I hope we'll all be tuning in to see "An Audience With..." tomorrow! Blimey, what does he think he is? I'm sure the "audience" is there just to try and get their mug on the box and a free day out.

Latest posts

Back