Richard Head.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My beloved late Grandmother used to talk about her school days and her best friend who was called Fanny Bush. She could never understand why I used to cry with laughter every time she mentioned her.

Hi,

My husband knew twins at school, called Eileen and Ben Dover.

Their parents must have been sadists.

Cheers,
karen

I knew a Wayne King. He used to tannoyed quite a bit and the person doing it always used used to say it as one word!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

When I was at school, one of the younger boys was called Chris Christmas. His dad was a vicar, Father Christmas and his mum was Mary! I thought it was a wind up when I first heard it, but I met them once on an open day!

Later on, when working, we had a Mr and Mrs Pratt as clients. The receptionist would always stifle a giggle as she announced that "the Pratts are here."

I have actual tears rolling down my cheeks here!! This thread is hilarious!! My husband used to speak to a supplier on the phone & the person he dealt with was called Mrs Death! Lets hope she wasnt married to a Doctor!

At our hospital we had a doctor Death, but it was actually pronounced as Dee' ath.
People used to arrive saying " I have an appointment with Dr. Death.

There was a solicitor representing the other side on one of my cases once called Ann Nutter.

i bet barbs would agree that if you work in a hospital. you see hilarious names all the time. i don't know if having a funny name makes you predisposed to get ill but we had so many, we actually used to log them in a funny names book. lily pond, poppy plant, vesta rice, the list was endless. the 2 that stick in my mind the most are a female patient i called for 3 times as "mrs hogsflesh" before a very posh lady stood up, looked at me as though i was a complete moron and said "do you mean hoe-flay??" i was very young and completely mortified. my colleagues never let me forget it. the other one had her surgery paused while the anaesthetist composed himself. her name was ophelia balls.

Janie your post made me and my husband laugh out loud!

Husband reminded me of a barrister we see in court sometimes. Her surname is Pine-Coffin.

i bet barbs would agree that if you work in a hospital. you see hilarious names all the time. i don't know if having a funny name makes you predisposed to get ill but we had so many, we actually used to log them in a funny names book. lily pond, poppy plant, vesta rice, the list was endless. the 2 that stick in my mind the most are a female patient i called for 3 times as "mrs hogsflesh" before a very posh lady stood up, looked at me as though i was a complete moron and said "do you mean hoe-flay??" i was very young and completely mortified. my colleagues never let me forget it. the other one had her surgery paused while the anaesthetist composed himself. her name was ophelia balls.

Janie thats hilarious!!!! Was just composing myself after hoe-flay when I read about Ophelia Balls!!! Brilliant!

The family GP when I was a child was called Dr Healed.

When I was at secondary school we had an English (sadly not History) teacher called Sybil Waugh.

a few more - donald duck, merry christmas, isla white, violet streak, teresa green. we even had ina hurry who had d&v.

Presenter aflluence!! Oh Im sick of it, Jill Franks heads that team, but its a growingly gang. I find it not in the best of taste, them banging on about this in times many will be suffering this Christmas.

Presenter aflluence!! Oh Im sick of it, Jill Franks heads that team, but its a growingly gang. I find it not in the best of taste, them banging on about this in times many will be suffering this Christmas.

Shouldn't this be on another thread Tristar??

Tristar, QVC are a shopping channel, they are there to sell things, full stop. People suffer all around the world all year round but QVC are not responsible. If it makes you sick please stop watching.

My best friend at secondary school had a Polish father and her surname was Rechitnyk pronounce Re - **** - nik. You can imagine the nickname other kids called her .....

People are always suffering, all over the world, at all times. It shouldn't stop others getting on with their lives, or from talking about them. The good and moral people will do all they can to help when they can, but please don't begrudge those that work ****** hard their money and their trappings.

I seriously suggest you stop watching shopping tv, or tv all together for that matter and try to get with reality.

Oh yes, wrong thread too.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back