Richard Head.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I usually have few issues with Charlie. I don't mind him as a presenter but, last night during the Entice Jewellery show, he really pushed all the wrong buttons. He's been banging on about this range for days and I was expecting something really special. In the end, it turned out to be overpriced and average - I've already got nicer pieces of jewellery at home.

What started to annoy was when he kept on about what he'd been buying for his parner, and that because he'd been buying her all this stuff and, despite the fact she's already bought him a telescope, he'd really like some of the things from the range. Well, ****** go and buy them yourself then. Was he trying to make us feel that this stuff is just so amazing that we all want someone else to buy it for us? Whatever, it didn't wash. Also, I'm sure many watching didn't appreciate yet another show of presenter affluence.

And then to top off the night, I turned back to QVC just before the TSV and he was still on with jewellery. I saw him perform the slowest of slow reveals. It was as though it had been recorded earlier in the day and was then being played back in slow motion. Gah, as if it's not annoying enough.

Get a life Charlie!

I have to ask Moth, if you disliked the jewellery and the sales patter...why were you watching? I'll get me coat...

Go on the FB page and criticise Charlie at your peril. He seems to have some sort of power over women of a certain age. Actually I used to know a woman who wasn't a certain age and she fancied the arse off him too.

I, on the other hand, think he's a total idiot.

I set a reminder for this hour as, when the olympic range aired and I quite liked it, I wanted to check out the latest line. I concur with Moth; it was exceptionally overpriced for silver jewellery. I can understand Charlie promoting the range because it is a favourite line of his, but I thought, when he said 'if you buy me this bracelet I'll buy you this' - which was a necklace at about £170, it would be cheaper to buy the bracelet yourself. Even that, £85 for a corded bracelet with a tiny bit of silver, is way over the top. I had never heard of Links of London till the jewellery aired on QVC.

Go on the FB page and criticise Charlie at your peril. He seems to have some sort of power over women of a certain age. Actually I used to know a woman who wasn't a certain age and she fancied the arse off him too.

I, on the other hand, think he's a total idiot.[/Q

Does nowt for me. BTW I used to work with someone who was actually called Richard Head :giggle:

I, on the other hand, think he's a total idiot.[/Q

Does nowt for me. BTW I used to work with someone who was actually called Richard Head :giggle:

I have a friend who had a customer called Richard Head and he used to call himself Dick Head. My friend used to have to ask for him by name on the phone and used to ask for Mr Head otherwise when she phoned him there was a lot of sniggering in the office.

I used to have a customer (not that sort :giggle:) called Alan Dick. He used to send me horrible letters about his bank accounts (before the age of e-mail) and my replies were always addressed to A Dick.

hhmm, on reflection perhaps that's why he sent me horrible letters !

I, on the other hand, think he's a total idiot.

Not just women BB. I would as well.

YORKO Does nowt for me. BTW I used to work with someone who was actually called Richard Head :giggle:[/QUOTE said:
I used to work with someone who's mate was called Richard Head. Both men in their late 50's early 60's and both total ar**holes.

Charlie does nothing for me in that way either, although I have nothing against him as a presenter. Now Dale, on the other hand...

I have a friend who had a customer called Richard Head and he used to call himself Dick Head. My friend used to have to ask for him by name on the phone and used to ask for Mr Head otherwise when she phoned him there was a lot of sniggering in the office.

How thick am I??? :doh: I've read this whole thread wondering who the hell Richard Head was. :giggle:

His partner has bought him a telescope for Christmas???? Don't telescopes expand to make them much longer? Maybe she's trying to tell him something.

I went to school with Robin Banks. At work we had clients called A Dick, A Pratt and S Cockhead. Absolutely true! I also knew a girl called Merry Christmas :), again absolutely true.

CC

Latest posts

Back