Returns or Not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nora

Registered Shopper
I don't know whether or not there is a thread on this, but here goes.

Just received a parcel from Q and there is quite a bit of tape on it also the the lid of the box inside was already open. Can anyone tell me if there is a code or something to indicate if this is a return or not.

:mysmilie_504:

Hi, I received a parcel before Christmas which was in a royal mail bag with a note saying I should contact them if there was any problem. Upon opening the bag, I noticed that the box had been ripped open and badly taped. The contents, a set of Mally liners had also been tampered with. One liner was missing,and another broken. I contacted CD who sent me a returns label and got a full refund.

If in doubt I would request a returns lable and send it back explaining why and then you can have a refund or if there is still stock available you could ask for another to be sent to you and have one in perfect condition you should'nt have to except something that is not in A1 condition especially at the price you pay etc.

I received a Lola Rose necklace a couple of weeks ago in a box which was sealed with parcel tape. When I opened it the necklace was loose in the box (normally Lola Rose jewellery is in bubblewrap and a cellophane bag). I also think the necklace had been worn as there were a lot of smudges on the beads. Needless to say I sent it back as I don't want to wear something that's been round somebody else's neck!

I don't know whether or not there is a thread on this, but here goes.

Just received a parcel from Q and there is quite a bit of tape on it also the the lid of the box inside was already open. Can anyone tell me if there is a code or something to indicate if this is a return or not.

:mysmilie_504:
If you can say what it was, others on here may have ordered the same item and you can compare packaging.

If you can say what it was, others on here may have ordered the same item and you can compare packaging.

Hi Apple, it was some LG Spackle, the box it came had the lid already open and it was bent as if someone had already opened it.

Hi Apple, it was some LG Spackle, the box it came had the lid already open and it was bent as if someone had already opened it.

Well there's a discussion on the Facebook page where someone thought a primer in their tvs might not be new as it wasn't sealed but all the respondents said their's weren't either. Might just be cheaply packed.

Wow that's good to know I have just gone through loads of bags I've had piled up from the last 4 months of stuff from QVC and just looked through about 25 bags to find all bar two items were all returns which makes a mockery of their buying items in shop sales being tried on countless of times etc!! Also the one I find truly shocking is some vercella underwear is a return!!!!! Luckily it is still within return and I only tried it on thank god it will be packed up & returned tomorrow as I really don't think that is on & I will never buy such items from them again!! The worst I had is some jeans I took them out of the bag and put them on my bed still folded up to try on shortly when my dog went straight to them and sniffed for quite some time at the crutch area which made me think ok that's worrying so I unfolded the jeans only to find that there were so many really deep creases all down the thighs that only appear after many days of wear and sitting down! Not only is it disgusting that a customer would return an item like this but for QVC to see fit to send this out to another customer is beyond disgusting and what's worse they didn't refund any postage costs seriously how do they win awards!!

I am seriously reducing what I purchase & trying only to purchase new items in certain items like bedding etc as clearly they don't care what state items arrive in

Goodness DiamondW, that sounds like a bad experience.

If QVC insist on sending out returns, although stating they don't, then the time has come for them to offer a decent discount should the recipient be prepared to accept and keep the items. Is 50% off too much do you think?

I think it depends on how long the items were gone for, if I send back say a fashion item as it doesn't fit, suit or is not as described it goes back within a couple of days so u know its just been tried on & returned, if something is returned after 2 weeks or even a month then u know its probably been worn a far bit, also u don't have to be too intelligent to have seen the state the jeans were in! Now I know the label marker if I receive a fashion item which is a return & I want to keep it it will go straight in the washing machine but your right if it has been returned after more than a few days then it should not be full price!

I would love to get one of their letters I've read about on here my god I'd go for them about my horrendous amount of returns I've purchased at FULL PRICE, sale items fair enough! They can't have it both ways and also they can't keep lying on TV I predict some fines coming their way if they r not careful I believe TV shopping is strictly regulated! They try to make out they r so above the highstreet shops but I would never have purchased those jeans in a shop as I have a pair of eyes! and the £8 total postage I'm out of pocket would still be in my bank account as parking doesn't cost that much!!!

QVC is really losing its attraction for me

QVC lost its attraction to me many months ago because the "deals" are generally not as great as they think they are and the P&P costs are just ridiculous most of the time! This denial of sending out returns has got to stop and it's time they realised we are not STUPID! I have no idea how high street stores work but I presume that if the customer returns something as unsuitable then it gets placed back on the rack or shelf for the next unsuspecting purchaser to buy. However, under those circumstances I hope the item hasn't been worn or used for 30 days or thereabouts!

I still feel that if the sent-out item is most definitely a return and obviously so then the price should be reduced.

I definitely think QVC resold returns are worse than other companies, because they actively encourage people to use/wear things. If I'm not sure about something from another mail order company I'll just try it on briefly as I would in a changing room to decide, partly because I think that's fair and also because they might not accept something with signs of wear back. But with QVC they will so it's fair that customer's feel free to sit around or go out in, use something etc. I haven't bought anything from QVC in months, even then I was trying to only buy 'new today' items. This issue isn't the only thing that puts me off, but it is a major one.

It's no good getting people to want what you're selling if they don't dare buy it because of quality control. The one and only item I'd like to get is a make up one I can't get anywhere else, but I'm very reluctant and I'll be looking for something else from elsewhere. It's a shame they have this problem and a shame they lie about it.

I've decided this morning that I'm going to pen an email to someone high up at QVC re the returns thing and ask for an explanation to it due to their actions and words being polar opposites and also about the jeans they sent me as I want my money back! We'll see what happens!

Anything in particular?

Oh i think in another thread BurlyBear has invited you for a glass of wine or coffee, to loosen your lips , i can only offer
wherthers vodka, which i found out at Christmas is lethal. :angel: Why did you join this forum, and do the staff
members read the threads, or avoid them like the plague. Oh here's the vodka :glass:

Not sure tbh, I don't work there anymore so nothing to lose! As far as I know they don't read the threads, certainly in my time there I never heard of this forum mentioned. They check on ebay to see if staff members are selling products from the staff shop and they do that by IP address so maybe they do something similar here, but not to my knowledge!

Latest posts

Back