Respect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quite a lot of performers are banning phones at their shows. Members of the audience are given a pouch at the turnstile to place it in, and it's locked by something that looks like a security tag on expensive retail items, and it's unlocked for you on the way out. It's a bit of a faff but it's worth it as you can see the performance, without it being obscured by a sea of phones being held in the air.

I agree that using a mobile phone during a solemn procession isn’t respectful, in my opinion anyway, especially when there will be far better photographs online and in the papers.

I did, however, think it was quite touching when people held up their phones yesterday evening as the Queen approached Buckingham Palace …… not taking photos, but leading her way home.
I agree, that was very moving.

I noticed when I was watching the first walkabout the King made last week, one of the security detail who was just ahead of the King was asking people to put their phones down and enjoy the moment.
While I understand the need to document such historic events, but how you feel and the human interaction are going to ladt a lifetime.

Quite a lot of performers are banning phones at their shows. Members of the audience are given a pouch at the turnstile to place it in, and it's locked by something that looks like a security tag on expensive retail items, and it's unlocked for you on the way out. It's a bit of a faff but it's worth it as you can see the performance, without it being obscured by a sea of phones being held in the air.
We went to see Meatloaf a few years ago and people were filming. He asked for security and this man came along and he asked him what it said on tickets about mobile phones. He was told mobile phones weren't allowed to film, he turned to the audience and said "take your best shots", the phones all went up to film him,he turned to the security man and said" right throw them out". It went quiet for a split second then everyone burst out laughing.
He was genuinely not bothered .

I know several tribute artists (so obviously not the genuine stars) who WANT the audience to film them and put online because it is all good publicity for their shows and talents.

We went to see Meatloaf a few years ago and people were filming. He asked for security and this man came along and he asked him what it said on tickets about mobile phones. He was told mobile phones weren't allowed to film, he turned to the audience and said "take your best shots", the phones all went up to film him,he turned to the security man and said" right throw them out". It went quiet for a split second then everyone burst out laughing.
He was genuinely not bothered .
I went to see him on his last tour, and this sounds vaguely familiar. I did film a couple of songs and still watch them back.

I agree that using a mobile phone during a solemn procession isn’t respectful, in my opinion anyway, especially when there will be far better photographs online and in the papers.

I did, however, think it was quite touching when people held up their phones yesterday evening as the Queen approached Buckingham Palace …… not taking photos, but leading her way home.
Yes the flash lights was a nice touch.

In all fairness, from the footage I've seen it seems they've been pretty respectful, so far...

One thing that I'm finding really inappropriate is the anti-monarchists who have sprung into action so soon and are in the crowds, waving their placards. I'm all for freedom of expression but a period of mourning, when a lot of people outside of the RF are feeling genuine grief, is not the time to be expressing such views.

In all fairness, from the footage I've seen it seems they've been pretty respectful, so far...

One thing that I'm finding really inappropriate is the anti-monarchists who have sprung into action so soon and are in the crowds, waving their placards. I'm all for freedom of expression but a period of mourning, when a lot of people outside of the RF are feeling genuine grief, is not the time to be expressing such views.
It seems tone deaf when so many are in mourning for the Queen.
I think they should have waited until after the funeral.

I so agree about the mobile phones and that is in all aspects of everyday life. Regarding public funerals I feel it so wasteful all those flowers and toys, I know if it was me I would rather the money was donated to a charity. I understand I may be the odd one out but when did clapping a funeral cortège become ok, it isn’t the landing of a Ryanair plane (and that is annoying enough), surely silence is more respectful.

I'm with you LATI on toys and balloons being left. The deceased will never know about them, so its only being done for the benefit of the 'giver' which is a waste of money, and what happens to all those rain sodden Paddington Bears ? thrown in the bin no doubt. I think the idea of installing a photo within the gravestone like they do on the Continent, this is a lasting reminder of what the person looked like.

I so agree about the mobile phones and that is in all aspects of everyday life. Regarding public funerals I feel it so wasteful all those flowers and toys, I know if it was me I would rather the money was donated to a charity. I understand I may be the odd one out but when did clapping a funeral cortège become ok, it isn’t the landing of a Ryanair plane (and that is annoying enough), surely silence is more respectful.
Culturally, in some countries, clapping is a big sign of respect. So I take it as that.

Wonders will never cease. I expected they'd go off air after the 10.00 show and resume for the TSV launch at 21.00. Apparently Heathrow have cancelled all flights during it.

Lulu ?????!!!!! I'm surprised Joan Collins hasn't been wheeled out to mention how she was in the line up to meet her Majesty at a film premiere back in 1965 when at the time she was conducting an affair with one of her many lovers which she has written about in yet another of her memoirs ! (I'm surmising all this).
She has...albeit by her close friend on a more low rent channel.

Latest posts

Back