Reselling Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He'll struggle to get £500 for them. They're VERY poor quality stones. Very heavily included and they look ungraded too. At best, there may be one or two 'A' graded stones.

If my memory serves me correctly, they sold for £100 when they were on-air.

I've been following him for about a year to have a laugh at his listing. He couldn't shift them when he was flogging them for £3000 - and he's since put his price up to £5000.

Clown.

He's clearly trying it on - but I also believe that he fell for the Gemporia 'hype' about Tanzanite too.
The Tanzanite hype was relentless and many people fell for it. He probably also believed the 'RRP' of over £7,000!

Apologies for jumping on this thread but my rage at Gemporia now knows no bounds. JT is currently on at time of posting selling Ellendale Yellow Diamonds from "the mine that never was". Well how did they come out the ground then?? In addition he states they are set into the most precious metal on the planet, 18K Gold. Reading item description it says 9k Gold. I thought platinum was more precious than this or maybe it's just more expensive?? I am finding the whole presentation misleading and Hattie as usual is shouting at the top of her voice, crowing about being a Diamond grader and this auction is the most special she has done in her 10 years with the company. I have switched off as to me the sales pitch appears to have as many holes as a sieve.

Apologies for jumping on this thread but my rage at Gemporia now knows no bounds. JT is currently on at time of posting selling Ellendale Yellow Diamonds from "the mine that never was". Well how did they come out the ground then?? In addition he states they are set into the most precious metal on the planet, 18K Gold. Reading item description it says 9k Gold. I thought platinum was more precious than this or maybe it's just more expensive?? I am finding the whole presentation misleading and Hattie as usual is shouting at the top of her voice, crowing about being a Diamond grader and this auction is the most special she has done in her 10 years with the company. I have switched off as to me the sales pitch appears to have as many holes as a sieve.
I think it’s a mine they are trying to reopen but could be wrong. Does anyone remember the huge hype over spinel a few years ago with people supposedly sending in pictures of tiny spinels chips really they bought from Gems and saying jewellers wanted to buy them for thousands. I suppose that was my introduction to their obviously trying to scam their customers. It was laughable.

A completely random, you may or may not know thing about platinum. I went to the BM in London some years back and they had a 'please touch' display with a staff member there of coins. Said she, when they first discovered platinum, they used it initially to make fake gold sovereigns. Added she, it's the only time the fake is worth more than the original. I thought that was interesting :)

Latest posts

Back