Resale tips?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I read an article in Financial Mail a couple of years ago that stated the only way to guarantee making money from selling jewellery was to inherit it, so you haven't actually paid anything for it in the first place!

Auctions seem to expect to sell for about a third of the cost of new and in all honesty, why would anyone pay full price for something secondhand from a seller on ebay or anywhere else, when jewellery channels continue to sell the same stuff brand new?

I do remember ages ago that Gemstv made a big thing about jewellers buying their stuff and selling on but don't know if they still use that sales pitch now.

I expect as Argey says that bargains snatched in the early halcyon days of PR prices would do better than anything bought today, but as Meeshoo rightly points out, if you even get what you paid for it, you'd be doing very well indeed. Like you intend to do, I have sold a few bits I had no intention of wearing ever again but, as expected, at a loss - although that won't stop me selling a few more bits if I can be bothered to list them - so good luck if you decide to try!

Latest posts

Back