Rejected review

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
they are at it again, they have rejected my review for an itemFOUR TIMES they sent an item that was delivered damaged. Why can't I say that it was in a unuseable condition when I received it?v what is the purpose of reviews if not to inform other customers? The Big qvc lie that reviews are objective and uncensored is wearing thin and needs to be investigated by trading standards

My Instyler review got rejected because I warned people to be careful, as the item gets dangerously hot, which is 100%, wholeheartedly true! I thought it would help the elderly and people with dexterity problems, but nope, QVC would rather they get badly burned than loose a sale.

Everyone needs to get their evidence together and post it off to TS. Then things might change.

It got rejected because your review was about delivery rather than the item itself.

Nothing to do with Trading Standards.

It got rejected because your review was about delivery rather than the item itself.

Then why publish a 5 star review simply because it was delivered on time ,before even trying the item out.

And you know this how?
By magically reading my unpublished review? By being a qvc spy monitoring the forum?LOL
I'm contact trading standards about the issue of them not publishing critical reviews after saying on screen that hey are 100% objective and untampered with which is untrue.

Last edited:
I think the guidelines are sent in an email and pricing, delivery etc are cited as reasons why a review might be rejected. If you said your item was delivered damaged this would probably be enough for a rejection under their silly rules. They want reviews about the product. There are terrible double standards by Q here because a review that says "I can't wait to receive this product it is fantastic" would be accepted also one that gives a detailed review of the product then praises the delivery time in the same review. Under their rules this should be rejected too.

I'm sure it depends on who is dealing with the reviews at the time...I've posted 3 reviews in the past week and had email confirmation of acceptance within the hour, gobsmacked, they were not all good reviews either.

I'm guessing they are baring it on the grounds that it is a review of their service, or delivery condition etc, rather than of the item itself. While, if I were ordering from QVC for the first time, I would want a general review of their service, if I wanted to see what other people thought of the item itself, I would need a review of just that. But that's not helping you make your point, of course.

thats why i like amazon they allow you to report on all aspects of the purchase. from the packing, delivery and using the item. they also allow you to update your review and for people to comment continually.

i reviewed the hanging baskets that qvc sell. they get so heavy that it can be dangerous to use them when up a ladder. so my review got rejected. i wrote it again just saying they were heavy leaving out the dangerous and it was accepted

thats why i like amazon they allow you to report on all aspects of the purchase. from the packing, delivery and using the item. they also allow you to update your review and for people to comment continually.

i reviewed the hanging baskets that qvc sell. they get so heavy that it can be dangerous to use them when up a ladder. so my review got rejected. i wrote it again just saying they were heavy leaving out the dangerous and it was accepted

I've just had a review rejected from Amazon for Doggy Probiotics...think it was because I said they were for my Westies 'dickie' tummy :mysmilie_7:

And you know this how?
By magically reading my unpublished review? By being a qvc spy monitoring the forum?LOL
I'm contact trading standards about the issue of them not publishing critical reviews after saying on screen that hey are 100% objective and untampered with which is untrue.

I know as it says so in the T&Cs for the reviews.

And as they state it in the T&Cs and abide by them then trading standards won't be interested.

You said yourself that you had stated about how the item arrived rather so they can withold the review if they wish.

Last edited:
Then why publish a 5 star review simply because it was delivered on time ,before even trying the item out.

It gives them another glowing review and looks good for when people see how many stars it has. QVC won' clamp down on a review like that as there is no incentive for them to do so.

Put anything on the review that is against their T&Cs then they won't accept it.

maybe this is a new line they are taking. I've had reviews posted in the past that are not 100% positive, I try to be objective, but definitely mention any negative points, and give the appropriate star rating - and all my reviews have been published

Latest posts

Back