Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LBA, the exposure is far less than the older uv lamps to state the obvious. After that the decision is yours about whether you want to use the system. Everything has an element of risk e.g. some of the best strengtheners contain formaldehyde etc.

Dont want to be a "worry guts" but is the lamp safe? ie are there no risks of skin cancer etc ? Just wondered as my hands feel warm after using the lamp and when you read articles on the net and dare i say it the DM newspaper you do wonder? Thanks

If it's your fingers/around the nails that is getting warm it means that you are getting some of the gel on your skin. So you need to be a bit more carefull when applying the gel.

RCM are also launching some nail care products to be used with the LED lamp we are expected to get them in the UK at the end of April. There is a little detail on RCM Facebook page. Sorry still can't work out how to copy links on Nexus 7 - if anyone knows pls tell me.

Dont want to be a "worry guts" but is the lamp safe? ie are there no risks of skin cancer etc ? Just wondered as my hands feel warm after using the lamp and when you read articles on the net and dare i say it the DM newspaper you do wonder? Thanks

That's a very good point LBA & I wondered the same thing. Excluding the gel, which I have now become much better at applying the 2nd time round, my skin that is exposed to the lamp does feel warm. You could say that any source of electric light would feel warm when up close to it. I will look at google tho to see what people are saying about it.

That's a very good point LBA & I wondered the same thing. Excluding the gel, which I have now become much better at applying the 2nd time round, my skin that is exposed to the lamp does feel warm. You could say that any source of electric light would feel warm when up close to it. I will look at google tho to see what people are saying about it.

Thanks Nikki, I bought mine last year, after it had been a Tsv, and whilst it lasts longer on me than "normal" varnish it does not last me even a week before chipping and has left my nails in a worse state than they were, my nails are fairly short so I find it hard not to get any of the gel on my fingers when trying to seal the edges. My nails seem constantly peel now and never grow much. I might put some sun tan lotion on in future, sound daft but I don't think the light does do your skin any good no matter what others might say, thanks x

Thanks Nikki, I bought mine last year, after it had been a Tsv, and whilst it lasts longer on me than "normal" varnish it does not last me even a week before chipping and has left my nails in a worse state than they were, my nails are fairly short so I find it hard not to get any of the gel on my fingers when trying to seal the edges. My nails seem constantly peel now and never grow much. I might put some sun tan lotion on in future, sound daft but I don't think the light does do your skin any good no matter what others might say, thanks x
Sorry to hear that your nails have suffered since using the system LBA. I'm sure you do this anyway, I oiled my nails overnight prior to re-applying when I took my 1st lot off. My nails were somewhat dry & very slightly bendy after the acetone use but bounced back after quite a lot of moisturising.

Anyone who is now in the forties plus will remember when we were told "don't sunbathe it's dangerous, use sunbeds instead, they're completely harmless tanning" !! That's why like you I'm a bit skeptical of some health non risk claims. I think using sun factor cream is an excellent idea. :wink:

The consumer LED lamps are between 6 and 9 watts of power for a few seconds. The older lamps were 36w for a few minutes. Televisions and computer monitors emit trace levels (some claim the levels are more than trace) of radiation as do phones.
Many chemical sunscreens are being investigated as being the cause of multiple sensitivities in people.
My immune system is crazy and I am mortal so if doing my nails precipitates my death, I will just have to live with it for however long I have.

I would pay more attention if I had moles or a history of skin cancer either directly or in the immediate family.

On the Qvc UK Facebook page a couple of people have posted that they have received their replacement,correct RCM colours today.

Tick Tock QVC ...people are waiting!

Jude xx

I think I read that the correct colours are coming directly from RCM, not from QVC, so I suppose they have had to get them all in stock to be able to send them out to those who received the wrong ones. What a palaver!

I got my correct additional colours YAYYYY!!! I ordered the TSV literally 1 min past midnite so that may explain why I got mine today, the earlierst cocked up orders first, rerst assured ladeez your are on their way :) x Mine came via Royal Mail recorded/signed for delivery directly from RCM.

Bliddy hell, signed for? Watch this, mine will turn up tomorrow, the one day of the week when I'm out all day, and will get bounced back to the depot because there's no one in to sign for it, then it'll be Monday before I can get it.

Mine arrived this afternoon too - SOOO worth waiting for though (bold/beautiful). The thing I won't forget in a hurry, though, is that I was lied to by so many different people - such a disappointment as I had always thought very highly of their Customer Service.

Oh nooo Ali, isn't that just typical! Hope it doesn't turn up when you're not in but have a feeling it might do. R.Mail keep items for 18 days or you can call the number on the card left for a redelivery if you prefer.

I see the "White Hot" is the weekly offer on the RCM website. Ta for the heads up ladies, however I have a feeling this colour will be flooding Ebay very soon as lots of people received the french collection who didn't want or order it. I love a french manicure look & would have got an extra white at half price but you have to get another full priced one to get the offer so don't think I'll bother. It will be cheapcheap on Ebay soon enough me thinks :wink:

Maybe the nail polish gods will be smiling on me and it'll turn up on Friday. In time for my birthday on Saturday. :sweat:

Maybe the nail polish gods will be smiling on me and it'll turn up on Friday. In time for my birthday on Saturday. :sweat:
Fingers crossed & wishing you a very happy birthday for Saturday Ali! x

Still waiting!! Hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

I painted my nails using LD polish with OPI tips (turq./pink) sandwiched between RCM base and top coat. Looked lovely until I ate my dinner. I had Indian curry and used my hands to eat. My right hand nails all turned green/red :wonder: All I can think is the spices reacted with the polish! Scary.

I should have taken a photo. I am also finding that the base coat doesn't come off easily, any tips?

Latest posts

Back