Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The removal process is like leaving a sponge to absorb liquid. With the colour layers there is more sponge to get more liquid and the polish softens up and falls off. The two layers, base and top are the least absorbent so they will be a bit of work but just be gentle, don't try to chisel the stuff off. Just go back and soak again.
I assume you are only removing one foil at a time before moving on to the next nail.

Um......:sweat:.......no......:sad:

They are doing both Vamps but it is my middle fingers. People have mentioned you need to apply thin coats but i found the base and top coats very thick in the bottles, any tips?
In addition to all comments above, make sure you are painting the free edge. Rosey had a good tip which was to use the upper part of the brush to dab the free edge.

I'm not looking forward to removing my latest manicure because I used the RMC colour 'My favourite Designer' which turned out to be a pale opalescent pink (I had found that the photos of the bottles on the RMC website more accurate than the swatches but they had painted the inside of the bottle to a bubble gum pink) which I didn't like much so I have over painted with a BarryM rose glitter - much nicer effect. Dreading getting the glitter off. Any tips?

Um......:sweat:.......no......:sad:

It is very important not to whip them all off, just one at a time. The acetone will start to evaporate and the polish will solidify slightly again making removal very difficult.
I really wish RCM and every other company provided better instructions but they say nobody reads them anyway :giggle:

I'm not looking forward to removing my latest manicure because I used the RMC colour 'My favourite Designer' which turned out to be a pale opalescent pink (I had found that the photos of the bottles on the RMC website more accurate than the swatches but they had painted the inside of the bottle to a bubble gum pink) which I didn't like much so I have over painted with a BarryM rose glitter - much nicer effect. Dreading getting the glitter off. Any tips?

The soak method will work miracles for gel or regular glitter polish. Just do follow the procedure and you should be pleasantly surprised. Give it plenty of acetone and plenty of time and as I said just work on one nail at a time.

Hope this helps, any other questions fire away.

GlitterNails

I've seen nail blogs advising a thin layer of PVA glue on bare nail as a base. Then glitter. When you're ready to remove it, it should peel off in sheets, aided by an orange stick. Maybe you could do this on the top of your 'cured' nail? IDunnoSnarly

I've seen nail blogs advising a thin layer of PVA glue on bare nail as a base. Then glitter. When you're ready to remove it, it should peel off in sheets, aided by an orange stick. Maybe you could do this on the top of your 'cured' nail?
IDunnoSnarly

PVA wouldn't be the best on the less porous than bare nail, cured polish. I love to experiment but I wouldn't waste my time on PVA as a crafter and a nail freak. Just me though.

I defer to you, MsV. :wink: WillingToLearnSnarly - heck, I'd be ecstatic if they grew to one length!

I defer to you, MsV. :wink: WillingToLearnSnarly - heck, I'd be ecstatic if they grew to one length!

No claims being made here Snarls but.... my health took a turn for the worse a while ago (oh joy) and my nails just went to bits, something that never happened me before. Now having been a biter they look rubbish unless concealed by polish but they were so weak and disintegrating I got worried. So having ploughed through stuff I started a course of biotin at the rather large dose of daily and nails, hair skin and guts are doing very well since. Of course it's taken a good while to show but my nails have become harder. Otherwise I use the dreadful, evil but effective Mavala strengthener but in conscience I can't recommend it.
Best thing ever for me is Trind cuticle balsam as I can't find an oil I can use.

Nope not got mine either! This is taking a ridiculous amount to time to resolve.

They are doing both Vamps but it is my middle fingers. People have mentioned you need to apply thin coats but i found the base and top coats very thick in the bottles, any tips?

Take the brush out of the bottle and put a dab on each nail first then you can go back and brush this onto each nail in turn - this way you share out one brush full between all nails, so it will be thinner. As it doesn't dry until you cure it under the lamp you have plenty of time to work with it. This way works well with base and topcoats which can be quite thick.

For all you non face bookers:

Colour of the week from today till next Tuesday is 'white hot'. 50% off when purchased with another colour. Use code 'WHITE' in the promotional code box.

Dont want to be a "worry guts" but is the lamp safe? ie are there no risks of skin cancer etc ? Just wondered as my hands feel warm after using the lamp and when you read articles on the net and dare i say it the DM newspaper you do wonder? Thanks

The letter says "these will be sent directly...and will be with you no later than Friday 8th March 2013".

We shall see....

I havent received a letter, email or anything
but when I phoned when I received the wrong colours
I phoned and the man said I should get the replacement
colours by 8th March but I am not holding out much hope atm

Latest posts

Back