Recognise anyone from QVC in this tribute band….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh yes, she mentioned it last night. She was very coy about it. I had no idea she was a singer or did anything like that.

Hope this helps

Sorry DG, but pleeeese can you spill the beans - I don't think I can trawl through any more of their caterwauling. I've looked up the band members names and I'm still clueless. I love Abba to bits and I've seen a couple of tribute acts who could knock this lot into a cocked hat. Are we looking for a lookalike on top of a lookalike or am I missing one of our Q regulars?

Attachments

• 90B06AC6-EE6B-456C-B5C5-425C0B622689.jpeg
    90B06AC6-EE6B-456C-B5C5-425C0B622689.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 132
Sorry DG, but pleeeese can you spill the beans - I don't think I can trawl through any more of their caterwauling. I've looked up the band members names and I'm still clueless. I love Abba to bits and I've seen a couple of tribute acts who could knock this lot into a cocked hat. Are we looking for a lookalike on top of a lookalike or am I missing one of our Q regulars?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I thought the singing was ok. However, I didn’t think much of the drummer. I’m sure the drumming didn’t dominate ABBA’s performances.

I’ve ever seen the point of tribute bands, IMO the best tribute you can give a band it to not to be one. Either stand on your own two feet as performers even if it is covering a range of different composers but don’t become much inferior clones.
I saw an ELO tribute when the real ones were no longer performing, and it was fantastic.

They looked similar, and with my eyes closed I couldn't tell the difference.

I've also seen Abba, Dire Straits, Shadows, and too many others to remember.

I recently saw Buddy Holly and the Crickets, and I am an aficionado of them, I have everything they ever recorded, including out-takes and studio chatter, and this group were also fantastic.

I don't mind a tribute band tbh. When I was a youngster it was all about seeing the artists/bands in real life, but nowadays I don't really care that much. The stars that I loved back in the day, the ones that are still going or have the full original line up are all pretty much stadium gigs these days - tickets cost a fortune just to see a dot in the distance. I recently went to a Blondie tribute gig called "I can't believe it's not Blondie" and eyes closed you actually couldn't! £10 a ticket, all the hits played, not only that the lead singer made a blinking good job of looking like her too. Bootleg Beatles do a fabulous show, and the Alter Eagles who appear every year at our local open air theatre are blinking excellent. I go to an annual music festival and whilst it's not full of tribute acts, there's obviously a lot of bands with replacement singers but that doesn't bother me. "From the Jam" with only one original member are fantastic. I'm far too old to be starstruck!

Latest posts

Back