Recognise anyone from QVC in this tribute band….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what you mean about groups with only one (and probably the least known one) member left but I‘m more into solo acts (albeit it some with backing bands) who write and preform their own songs.

The only tribute band I've seen is Take That, on a winter weekend trip to Benidorm. One of them had flown home as his partner was due to give birth so they performed as a trio. A few months later, one of the real Take That decided to leave and they were down to a permanent trio.

I've seen the real Blondie many times and even though Debbie Harry is well into her 70s, she still has that something about her that makes you feel you're in the presence of an icon.

ABBA are launching that 'Abbatars' show next year and if it's a hit, it may well impact on the fortunes of their numerous tribute acts. That said, £10.00 a ticket is cheap as chips so I'm sure they'll be okay.

Sorry but you’ve lost me there DG! Also I’ve got to disagree with TLL - I thought they were chuffin’ awful!
Well I was trying to charitable - plus it was 3:30am and I hadn’t slept for 51 hours! (Seriously!) 🤣

Hope this helps

I looked up and posted their names before this - but it still rang no bells for me!

Love Abba always had a good tune that you could sing along to. One of the best bands ever.

I saw an ELO tribute when the real ones were no longer performing, and it was fantastic.

They looked similar, and with my eyes closed I couldn't tell the difference.

I've also seen Abba, Dire Straits, Shadows, and too many others to remember.

I recently saw Buddy Holly and the Crickets, and I am an aficionado of them, I have everything they ever recorded, including out-takes and studio chatter, and this group were also fantastic.
I saw Abba as a kid as a birthday treat and really had fun, it was my first really big gig. I saw a tribute band called Bjorn Again with some of the gang at work but to be honest I didn't really enjoy it. The sound was way off, too loud (and I can do loud) and we were too far back. Everyone was up dancing in the aisles and infront of rheir seats, I never actually saw the band at all. Adore Dire Straits, managed to see them 3 times. love going to see live music but obviously, like everyone else, not recently. Last live band I saw was Pink Martini when I was in San Francisco a couple of years back. My eldest daughter's first live gig was Green Day and I must say that they were great live

I saw an ELO tribute when the real ones were no longer performing, and it was fantastic.

They looked similar, and with my eyes closed I couldn't tell the difference.

I've also seen Abba, Dire Straits, Shadows, and too many others to remember.

I recently saw Buddy Holly and the Crickets, and I am an aficionado of them, I have everything they ever recorded, including out-takes and studio chatter, and this group were also fantastic.
If you’re talking recently I’m guessing that it’s the “Cricketers” . If they’re the ones I’m thinking of, have seen them 4 times and will happily go again. They are superb and such a fun evening out.

Mr MA is very into ELO at the moment.

Another excellent tribute act is Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Not tribute as in dressing up as them, but as in a fantastic group of musicians and singers performing the songs of Mac from their early days.

I don’t have a problem with tribute acts….especially those who are performing the songs of acts from many years ago. I wasn’t around when Buddy and Co were at their peak so it’s the only way I can have an evening out enjoying their music.

Went to see the Bat out of Hell musical in Birmingham yesterday.

I also appreciate the fact that some of the acts from the 70’s/80’s are still performing albeit it with differing line ups. I couldn’t afford/didn’t have the means to go to concerts when they were at their height of popularity.
So far we have The Stranglers, Dennis Loccoriere (Dr Hook) and Queen/Adam Lambert lined up for this year. The Stranglers being the only ones I haven’t seen before.

If you’re talking recently I’m guessing that it’s the “Cricketers” . If they’re the ones I’m thinking of, have seen them 4 times and will happily go again. They are superb and such a fun evening out.
I think that was their name, my OH treated me for my birthday last year, I will look it up in my diary tomorrow.

They all came out into the foyer after the show to meet the audience.

Latest posts

Back