Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People raised this on my Survey session too. Mainly with higher priced jewellery items. We reckon the regular initials are resellers buying for their stall/shop/eBay store to resell as the TJC staff swore blind they have nobody artificially bidding to raise the price.

Personally, I've not had any problems getting bargains on non-jewellery homeware type stuff at <£20, beyond encountering the odd minimum reserve price occasionally on bidding, but not very often. Never had an out of stock issue, always received my winning bid items, at less than the regular online TJC web site price.
Yes it is higher priced jewellery items but I really don’t think it’s likely to be people buying to resell as they usually don’t buy and item comes round again. I have seen the same item of which there is just one left coming round for months with bids every time. Also I have had no satisfactory explanation of false notices coming up and filling my screen a few seconds before end of auction making another bid impossible . Including “this is a special auction” when it’s not . The sign stays until auction expires. This action has got to be programmed into computer so either tjc are doing it or their computer is being hacked. I know which one I favour. There is no problem with low priced goods presumably because the price differential makes it not worth it.

Yes it is higher priced jewellery items but I really don’t think it’s likely to be people buying to resell as they usually don’t buy and item comes round again. I have seen the same item of which there is just one left coming round for months with bids every time. Also I have had no satisfactory explanation of false notices coming up and filling my screen a few seconds before end of auction making another bid impossible . Including “this is a special auction” when it’s not . The sign stays until auction expires. This action has got to be programmed into computer so either tjc are doing it or their computer is being hacked. I know which one I favour. There is no problem with low priced goods presumably because the price differential makes it not worth it.
Try doing it on a phone, wonder if on a PC browser they program more code into these false messages?

Channel hoping and watched Jenny (who I generally like ) yesterday presenting a new silver jewellery (under 38g for £136) shown as ‘TV Only Deal’ on price and 5 budget pays and quelle suprise its on their website nearly 24 later with same price and easy pays …and think they had technical problems early this morning (again) …sigh

Hmmm bought for £49.99 a few days ago now £199.99 and charging for boxes ? Though mine came with large cardboard jewellery box …

Attachments

• IMG_1387.png
    IMG_1387.png
    757.4 KB · Views: 0
I ordered a gold watch costing over. £1000 I was really looking forward to receiving it. However , it was sent out to me squashed up in a little plastic bag, no wooden box as was shown on the presentation, just a cardboard bracelet\ necklace box. I complained obviously and was told the same old story how sorry they were etc. They told me to send it back. I told them it's being returned but not at my expense, the sent me a return label. I have complained umpteen times about the quality of items and the packaging. Their standard reply is .... I will pass your comments on to the relevant person. Needless to say nothing has changed. I really wanted the watch but on principle would not complete the purchase. I was told they would contact me on receiving the watch back yes you guessed I'm still waiting.

I ordered a gold watch costing over. £1000 I was really looking forward to receiving it. However , it was sent out to me squashed up in a little plastic bag, no wooden box as was shown on the presentation, just a cardboard bracelet\ necklace box. I complained obviously and was told the same old story how sorry they were etc. They told me to send it back. I told them it's being returned but not at my expense, the sent me a return label. I have complained umpteen times about the quality of items and the packaging. Their standard reply is .... I will pass your comments on to the relevant person. Needless to say nothing has changed. I really wanted the watch but on principle would not complete the purchase. I was told they would contact me on receiving the watch back yes you guessed I'm still waiting.
I'm not into buying things in the £1000s, no offence, but when you buy something from the higher end product market, you expect it to come well presented. On a side note, but kinda related. You buy an item and they say 'batteries not included', for the amount you pay, especially in today's day and age, they 'should' be included by principle. And did someone say an unrelated thing is on the way? No? well it is. When I was a child, I had Boba Fett's ship. Long gone, but recently I saw a modern version of it, and for a bit of plastic, it wasn't cheap. No, I didn't buy it. But it's those kind of things that should have the 'extra', if it needs the extra. So with a £1000 watch: whatever the metal, it's a poor show on the seller's behalf and needs showing up, even more so ;)

@rubia
Just curious, which £1000 watch on TJC was it? Or what type? Was it high-end Swiss Made, or a lot of precious metals, gold, and/or jewels?
Or a tourbillon movement?

Looking on TJC site, their £1K top-prices range are overpriced tourbillon movements available far cheaper elsewhere, from Schild & Swan & Edgar. And Nubeo dive watches. All Chinese sourced.
And swiss movement (not swiss made) 9k gold ladies watches.

As discussed at length on the forum, these are all overpriced for what they are and similar types available far cheaper elsewhere.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape.

@rubia
Just curious, which £1000 watch on TJC was it? Or what type? Was it high-end Swiss Made, or a lot of precious metals, gold, and/or jewels?

Looking on TJC site, their £1K top-prices range are overpriced tourbillon movements available far cheaper elsewhere, from Schild & Swan & Edgar. And Nubeo dive watches. All Chinese sourced.

As discussed at length on the forum, these are all overpriced for what they are and similar types available far cheaper elsewhere.

@rubia just seen you said it was a gold watch. Ladies? Solid gold? For £1000 it needs to have quite a bit.
Was it good value then?

@rubia

Thank you your reply made me feel much better. The watch was originally £2k with a heavy good weight and if I remember swiss movement. I honestly cannot remember the actual weight but that it was stated as solid gold. I was disappointed the state it came in and had wanted it for a long time but couldn't pay £2k for a watch. But, after the way it was delivered I could\wouldn't accept it. I'm a long standing customer of TJC, now, not so much. I complained many times on the finishing\quality on items the watch was the last straw. The answer is always the same! After being with them since the beginning and spending a great deal of money I buy very little now. So for me TJC has gone the same route as Gemporia and I spend no money with them even if something catches my eye.
@rubia just seen you said it was a gold watch. Ladies? Solid gold? For £1000 it needs to have quite a bit.
Was it good value then?

Thank you your reply made me feel much better. The watch was originally £2k with a heavy good weight and if I remember swiss movement. I honestly cannot remember the actual weight but that it was stated as solid gold. I was disappointed the state it came in and had wanted it for a long time but couldn't pay £2k for a watch. But, after the way it was delivered I could\wouldn't accept it. I'm a long standing customer of TJC, now, not so much. I complained many times on the finishing\quality on items the watch was the last straw. The answer is always the same! After being with them since the beginning and spending a great deal of money I buy very little now. So for me TJC has gone the same route as Gemporia and I spend no money with them even if something catches my eye.
Same here, cut back.

I was a big TJC homeware, non-jewellery buyer (apart from a few gems and a ring and dirt-cheap watches £5-£15 on discount or auction section) for their homeware, kitchen and decor items (have bought curtains/poles, kitchen gadgets, airfryer, lamps, fans, glass ornament, summer door curtain blinds, garden solar, usb/tech gadgets).

Good value when discounted, voucher codes, free p&P days and auction site.

But have cut right down now. It was becoming a habit!

I rarely watch TJC since they started having the buyers selling (can’t understand most of them). Just turned on and they’re flogging a multi coloured jade bead necklace. starting price £2499.99😱. Final price £49.99. Thought I’d misread it so replayed it, but no it was correct. How on earth do they get away with it. I might have paid £10 on a good day.

The thing that they regularly do is put up a final price and then to lower it again. They’re playing that silly pretending that they might get into trouble lowering the price.They are advising people to buy platinum and flogging a chain of 2.1 grams lol. The price of the precious metal today is £23.37 a gram and they are charging £247.99 for two grams. Nice little markup there for them.

I rarely watch TJC since they started having the buyers selling (can’t understand most of them). Just turned on and they’re flogging a multi coloured jade bead necklace. starting price £2499.99😱. Final price £49.99. Thought I’d misread it so replayed it, but no it was correct. How on earth do they get away with it. I might have paid £10 on a good day.
Could it be that Dave the Jade on Gemporia has been flogging them surplus stock maybe? Don't forget, it's very rare.....

Er TJC currently running ad stating rating Excellent rating on TrustPilot - it may have been in August but now downgraded to Great rating … at least they’ve finally updated the total for meals challenge … spotted Chloe doing a ‘Mark’ doing a double shift today …

Latest posts

Back