Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What the hell is DP talking about! Now he's telling a story about trying to pull his own teeth out to get a sixpence! And who's Catherine Pittaway? :headbang:

What the hell is DP talking about! Now he's telling a story about trying to pull his own teeth out to get a sixpence! And who's Catherine Pittaway? :headbang:

I'm not watching but the last time he was selling the penny tatt which I'm guessing is what he's shilling now (no pun intended) they were playing nostalgic music while he reminisced about his childhood and I think he mentioned a girlfriend (which I presume must have been a phase).

I don't know why but I got the distinct feeling he was making it all up.

I have to say Docswife, you've fitted right in to this forum, I'm liking your style! :giggle:

This is proof, if proof be needed, that Bid are focusing more than ever on OAPs (who of course are less likely to do Internet price comparisons). Who else would be interested in Peter's slushy, sentimental tales of childhood and waxing lyrical about a golden age that never was? And all this, "Ooh, do you remember tanners? Ooh, do you remember Suez?" can literally only be aimed at viewers of a certain age.

Peter, next time you get an urge to stroll down memory lane, do us a favour - go by yourself.

This is proof, if proof be needed, that Bid are focusing more than ever on OAPs (who of course are less likely to do Internet price comparisons). Who else would be interested in Peter's slushy, sentimental tales of childhood and waxing lyrical about a golden age that never was? And all this, "Ooh, do you remember tanners? Ooh, do you remember Suez?" can literally only be aimed at viewers of a certain age.

Peter, next time you get an urge to stroll down memory lane, do us a favour - go by yourself.

Are they playing the Acker Bilk music? They were last time, talk about laying it on with a trowel.

Mr. Aker Bilk and his Jazzmen is being piped, while DP sells gold plated 6d which is absolute tat

Lovely, the music was delightful last time and I too indeed reminisced about my childhood but it made me remember having to sit through some shitty midweek variety show on Thames in the mid 1970's that Acker Bilk was always ****** on:mysmilie_59:

Mr. Aker Bilk and his Jazzmen is being piped, while DP sells gold plated 6d which is absolute tat

God, yes, they looked cheap, nasty and awful. What a surprise! That said, the old buzzard pretty much sold all of the coinage tat. There'll be a lot of contented grannies out there tonight.

Has Lisa Brash been on tonight? Rezzy is doing some presenting solo on price-drop right now.

Pervy Pete rabbiting on about some ugly watch, and saying as always "Av a buy, Just av a buy" .....What the hell does that mean? Imaging walking into a shop and asking to "Av a buy please" , Please if your going to talk pants at least make some sort of meaningful statements.

Remember folks "Just av a buy!!!"

He's selling some creepy bits of crystal guardian angels with rubber suckers on the back so you can stick them on the window to let the light flood in.They will give you a bit of comfort when there is no one else to turn to or give the neighbours a laugh when they see them.

Another clanger from the old fool. He's flogging a 1920s figurine and twittering on about it being the time of Fats Domino who wasn't born until 1928. Child prodigy or what. There playing some terrible jazzy music and he's doing that finger clicking thing. Must think he's back in Vegas.

Just caught the last of Peter Simon -he's raving mad!
Going on about the speakeasys and the 1920's 'the age of Fats Domino' ?!?
Fats Domino (who is still alive) made his first recording in 1949.
He's a preposterous old fraud who doesn't have the faintest idea what he's talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone else notice while he was selling those awful old coin face watches he said 'this was the REALMAGE OF THE COIN' and
not THE COINAGE OF THE REALM.... jeez
also the old penny coin was 'NOT ONLY ROMAN......' ****** hell!!!!! what do you mean???? not only roman... whats that?

He might be a victim of such contempt himself in the not too distant future. No spring chicken is he?

What goes around always comes around.

When St. Peter Simon eventually meets the real St Peter at the Pearly Gates he's got a lot of explaing
to do if he thinks he's gettin in.... wot a conversation that would be

Latest posts

Back