Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After she put the stir fry on the plate, Kate done the 'wipe clean' demo........sadly, it didn't. She then went on to explain that that happened because she had used cheap ingredients with a high sugar content and that the sugar had caramelised. Wipe clean? Yeah, with a Brillo pad love. Eilidh was talking complete nonsense about how when she's cooking, wanders off to chat on the phone, food sticks to her pan, how she has to put 'loads of washing up liquid' in it, soaking in the sink etc, but, she loves cooking!!. Next demo, slid food onto plate, cut to Eilidh telling us how all Kate had to do was take a damp cloth and she's ready to go....they weren't going down that road so we didn't get to see Kate wiping the pan and went straight to her doing another demo in what looked like a new pan!!

She wants to buy a new phone, I can actually pick mine up and take it to the kitchen while I cook, how cool is that?

She wants to buy a new phone, I can actually pick mine up and take it to the kitchen while I cook, how cool is that?

Me too! But, not only that, I can put mine on loudspeaker! So I can chat whilst soaking all my pans that have got all that baked on food on them cos I left them to go off and run baths for the entire household

Sally, as seen in this thoughtful pose, is pondering long and hard as to whether she has ever bought a pair of boots for £15. She eventually concluded that she hadn't.

That's a coincidence as I fancy none of the buyers have either :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

She pondered long and hard over it. She really gave it a great deal of thought. I immediately knew I had never, ever bought a pair of winter boots for the princely sum of 15 quid. This is why I need BID tv....

She pondered long and hard over it. She really gave it a great deal of thought. I immediately knew I had never, ever bought a pair of winter boots for the princely sum of 15 quid. This is why I need BID tv....

but that's the thing Docswife, we all know we need Bid TV, it's what makes us complete
I'm so happy for you now you've realised it too, it must be like an epiphany!

I can truly say my eyes have been opened :giggle:

I totally understand, the same thing happened for me a while ago
I was made to realise an entirely new appreciation of art thanks to the expertise of Lisa Brash and the support of Wirral70, it was a total revelation
I completely immersed myself in Lisa's teaching and coaching, she opened my eyes and my mind to Kincaid and Gayford
And with Wirral as a mentor I went on an incredible journey
I'm more than happy to share every step of that journey with you but I would never have achieved that much without Bid TV :mysmilie_15:

I was made to realise an entirely new appreciation of art thanks to the expertise of Lisa Brash and the support of Wirral70, it was a total revelation
I completely immersed myself in Lisa's teaching and coaching, she opened my eyes and my mind to Kincaid and Gayford
I'm more than happy to share every step of that journey with you but I would never have achieved that much without Bid TV :mysmilie_15:

Can I just say that again there's no Lisa tonight, she's still a bit below par. Rezzy is standing in.

I keenly seek Lisa's opinion and insight on the work of Darren Baker. My anticipation builds with each day she's away as I'm sure you understand deedee.

Thank you Deedee. I find myself on a magic carpet ride every day with Bid. I now know what steam is. I appreciate great sound like never before. I have had a wardrobe cull and fully intend to stock it full of all that amaaaaaazzzzzing fashion from bid thanks to style gurus Salleh and kiri who, according to Mike, everyone at bid goes to when they want to know what's hot and what's not, well, you can see why can't you? If only I'd started to use bee venom in my early teens......ah well. Looking forward to the art appreciation tho' it's an area I'm not familiar with, so I look forward to be able to look at Kincaid with new eyes, and not immediately think the houses are in danger to burning to the ground. So much to learn, exciting times ahead

Can I just say that again there's no Lisa tonight, she's still a bit below par. Rezzy is standing in.

I keenly seek Lisa's opinion and insight on the work of Darren Baker. My anticipation builds with each day she's away as I'm sure you understand deedee.

If Bid and Price-drop were to vanish from our screens, Lisa could set herself up as an art teacher so that she can continue to teach everyone all about the great impressionists.

She might even get her own TV series on Channel 5 :mysmilie_59:

If Bid and Price-drop were to vanish from our screens, Lisa could set herself up as an art teacher so that she can continue to teach everyone all about the great impressionists.

She might even get her own TV series on Channel 5 :mysmilie_59:

Are you not familiar with the Brash Foundation? (and I don't mean the shite she cakes on her face).

Lisa champions the talents of young artists in South Shields. If you take a trip there I think you'll agree their vandalism is a cut above anywhere else :mysmilie_59:

Urban Art in it's rawest from.

I do completely understand Wirral
I am beyond excited to know her expert opinion on this young artist, I shall drink in every one of her words of wisdom and I know I will be in awe of her vast knowledge and expertise
It's too exciting for words :mysmilie_481:

I do completely understand Wirral
I am beyond excited to know her expert opinion on this young artist, I shall drink in every one of her words of wisdom and I know I will be in awe of her vast knowledge and expertise
It's too exciting for words :mysmilie_481:

While I'm sure she'll appreciate his techniques and in particular his vortex strokes I feel his overall composition and certainly his dramatic stance will challenge her well know abstract manifesto.

While I'm sure she'll appreciate his techniques and in particular his vortex strokes I feel his overall composition and certainly his dramatic stance will challenge her well know abstract manifesto.

I respectfully disagree on this point
I feel Lisa's scope of knowledge and understanding is such that she'll appreciate his dramatic stance
I know what you're saying but I think her vast experience means she'll be able to open her mind enough to relate what he does to what is contemporary in art right now
His art is very 'right now' but it's also very forward looking IMO and Lisa will recognise that I'm sure

I respectfully disagree on this point
I feel Lisa's scope of knowledge and understanding is such that she'll appreciate his dramatic stance
I know what you're saying but I think her vast experience means she'll be able to open her mind enough to relate what he does to what is contemporary in art right now
His art is very 'right now' but it's also very forward looking IMO and Lisa will recognise that I'm sure

Lisa has a rigorous appreciation of contemporary processes. She encourages the digestion of simplistic, clean messages but always ensures that light should be balanced with darkness. A dichotomy of fusions.

Interpretation, as ever, is vital to evocative artistic freedom. This is her manifesto, that and the frames in her shop cost a bomb.

image.jpg

Lisa has a rigorous appreciation of contemporary processes. She encourages the digestion of simplistic, clean messages but always ensures that light should be balanced with darkness. A dichotomy of fusions.

Interpretation, as ever, is vital to evocative artistic freedom. This is her manifesto, that and the frames in her shop cost a bomb.

View attachment 10148

Yes, we're taught art is all about light and shade but sometimes I feel this can be exploited. It takes innate skill to communicate that particular message and I believe it has to be 'felt' in one's soul, it cannot be contrived or it's just not convincing. Lisa is, above all, credible in her beliefs, opinions and indeed her art. I'm sure that's why she is such an exponent of a 'real' underlying message, yes, it's a dichotomy of fusions but equally it's purity and lucidity of form which I absolutely love.

Yes, we're taught art is all about light and shade but sometimes I feel this can be exploited. It takes innate skill to communicate that particular message and I believe it has to be 'felt' in one's soul, it cannot be contrived or it's just not convincing. Lisa is, above all, credible in her beliefs, opinions and indeed her art. I'm sure that's why she is such an exponent of a 'real' underlying message, yes, it's a dichotomy of fusions but equally it's purity and lucidity of form which I absolutely love.

I'd challenge your contradictory opines and obvious incendiary protestations but I'm currently enduring something of a creative chasm, an artistic abyss.

Lisa's continued absence starves me of cultural renewal. I have a voracious hunger for her courage and leadership.

I'd challenge your contradictory opines and obvious incendiary protestations but I'm currently enduring something of a creative chasm, an artistic abyss.

Lisa's continued absence starves me of cultural renewal. I have a voracious hunger for her courage and leadership.

I'm so sorry to hear that Wirral, rest assured that you will be restored before too long, just keep thinking that Lisa wouldn't want you to feel that way, she'd want you to see art in everything so try to absorb renewal from the world around you.
I merely shared an opinion, I had no intention of being challenging or contradictory, I apologise profusely if I've added to your artistic angst in any way.

I'm so sorry to hear that Wirral, rest assured that you will be restored before too long, just keep thinking that Lisa wouldn't want you to feel that way, she'd want you to see art in everything so try to absorb renewal from the world around you.
I merely shared an opinion, I had no intention of being challenging or contradictory, I apologise profusely if I've added to your artistic angst in any way.

Here we go again, you know exactly what you're saying lady.

Sometimes I wonder if you know your Donatello from your Divine Decadence.

Latest posts

Back