Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The gardener made me laugh last night. Dirty Peter was asking him about what fruit crop you can expect from the Apple Tree and it appeared he wasn't quite giving him the answers he wanted. He said, totally honestly, in the first year you can't expect much if anything but in subsequent years the yield will improve. Peter put a spin on it but it was clear he was vexed and tried to shout over him.

And interestingly Dirty Peter was kind of slagging off some of his existing fruit trees and plants. Hmmm!

I'd hate to be a 'guest' with Peter Simon. Think I'd plant him one :grin:

I'd hate to be a 'guest' with Peter Simon. Think I'd plant him one :grin:

He must be a nightmare to appear with, even when he does let the guest talk you can see he's desperate to interrupt and more often than not he does just that, Split Ends is much the same.

But nobody, not even The Dirty Peter, comes close to Gobb on the rare occasion she's presenting and has a guest on. It's embarrassing, I'd like to think it's down to nerves but either way it's excruciating.

She once had two really pleasant ladies on from a cosmetics company, in all my years watching shopping telly I've never seen guests that were so steamrollered. Honesty, she would barely let them begin a sentence let alone finish one. She talked that much they had to start a clock without them hardly having got a word in, they looked totally bemused.

Awful.

Gaspin is demonstrating the super non stick ceramic wok (the one that dosen't need oil).

Here's a snap of the start of his dish. I'd guess that must be at least 30 grams of butter.

image.jpg

Gaspin is selling these Love Bears. He explained his 20 year old daughter Amy is in Turkey so he would hold one and meditate on her.

No wonder she's in Turkey. He buys her **** bedding and meditates over her with Love Bears, if I was Amy I'd perhaps consider Brazil or Australia.

image.jpg

Gaspin is selling these Love Bears. He explained his 20 year old daughter Amy is in Turkey so he would hold one and meditate on her.

No wonder she's in Turkey. He buys her **** bedding and meditates over her with Love Bears, if I was Amy I'd perhaps consider Brazil or Australia.

View attachment 10096

Just sounds wrong somehow

Why can't they just sell the blasted things without being personal

Just sounds wrong somehow

Why can't they just sell the blasted things without being personal

Momma that isn't the half of it. He went through the names and ages of each of his children with a story, explained his youngest (India) is to his new wife whom he named and gushingly said 'darling I love you so much' and all that to shill some crappy glass ornaments.

It was cringeworthy, In fact (in my opinion) it was far worse than anything Dirty Peter has said with his Worry Angels.

Momma that isn't the half of it. He went through the names and ages of each of his children with a story, explained his youngest (India) is to his new wife whom he named and gushingly said 'darling I love you so much' and all that to shill some crappy glass ornaments.

It was cringeworthy, In fact (in my opinion) it was far worse than anything Dirty Peter has said with his Worry Angels.

You can't possibly believe it is worse than peter simon... Atleast davies wife may actually exist

He may be a nice bloke but his new wife must have a strong stomach, I find his gasping and spitting nauseating

He may be a nice bloke but his new wife must have a strong stomach, I find his gasping and spitting nauseating

Funny you should say that, I watched him cook with the Ceramic Pans (you don't need oil but a slab of butter is fine).

Now Momma, I like my food seasoned as much as the next person but I draw the line at gob, a pinch of pepper will do.

Neil loves his upturned hand gestures dosen't he? It's almost as if he has his hand ready to receive your coins (lots of them).

image.jpg

And I see he's once again started saying 'let's do it, let's make it happen'. What a tool.

Oh this is painful. The poor Baker lad looks totally bemused, Dirty Peter asked him if he knew he was one of the most collected artists in the UK and he just looked at him quite baffled and said 'yes'.

****** hell, what an interviewer. He's no Parkinson :mysmilie_59:

Oh this is painful. The poor Baker lad looks totally bemused, Dirty Peter asked him if he knew he was one of the most collected artists in the UK and he just looked at him quite baffled and said 'yes'.

They only sold 3 out of the 30 that they had available on the first painting, which is as bad as when they had Patrick Kinkade on. The art isn't really to my taste, but I've seen worse and I can't help thinking they would shift more of them on a classier channel. It's a bit of a leap to go from shoddy old Buddha figurines and cheapo perfumes to selling half-decent artwork.

They only sold 3 out of the 30 that they had available on the first painting, which is as bad as when they had Patrick Kinkade on. The art isn't really to my taste, but I've seen worse and I can't help thinking they would shift more of them on a classier channel. It's a bit of a leap to go from shoddy old Buddha figurines and cheapo perfumes to selling half-decent artwork.

I agree with you and that's exactly what I thought, perhaps Bid isn't quite the right stage for his work.

But it might do better with a better presenter but as ever it has to be with that stupid idiot, I can't watch anymore of this!

I just tuned in this minute & Peter just said he is the most collected artist in the UK (to us the viewers), is this really true? I feel a bit embarrassed as I've never actually heard of him.

Dirty Peter the art critic on Darren Baker: "He is the master class of the Dutch Elm".

WHHHAAAAATTTTTT?? :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back