Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Schlock was selling a vase and said 'I want to see at least another 4 of these gone'. Surely he knows by now it dosen't quite work like that?

Then he's selling a cheap looking set a bracelets (violin music playing) that to me look a bit like kids toys and says 'this is perfect jewellery it's on elastic and it's a special elastic it's not your normal elastic'. He didn't elaborate on what makes it 'special' elastic.

But I must give him credit for confirming delivery is 5-10 working days which seems to have gone by the wayside lately.

i saw the cheap braclet. Didn't hear the elastic comment but heard my first mention of Mothers Day. My mum would not wish to get them!

i saw the cheap braclet. Didn't hear the elastic comment but heard my first mention of Mothers Day. My mum would not wish to get them!

Sally mentioned Mother's Day weeks ago!

Unfortunately Schlock's good work with mentioning the proper delivery standard was spoiled a bit when he later said the items might come earlier 'but he can't guarantee it'. He couldn't help himself by saying that when he sold 500 bottles of his own perfume he was getting posts from delighted customers just a few days later.

One wonders if they can't guarantee it why bother mentioning it? In fact I'm not wholly sure they should be saying that at all.

I have genuinely never heard presenters on other channels say anything like that but then again they don't have to as the other channels don't have such expensive delivery charges with such miserably long service standards.

Yup, it's all about mother's day! Guy's suggesting that a vase is a better present than flowers or chocolates 'cause they last longer! FFS, What's wrong with flowers and chocolates on Mothers day, obviously the biggest problem is that bid don't sell them, but I thought mother's day, or Mothering Sunday was supposed to be about small gestures and kindness, not big brash presents- We've got Christmas and birthdays for that. Sure as eggs is eggs, they'll be slagging off easter eggs and telling us that a crappy elastic bracelet will last longer than a chocolate egg - it probably won't!

Yup, it's all about mother's day! Guy's suggesting that a vase is a better present than flowers or chocolates 'cause they last longer! FFS, What's wrong with flowers and chocolates on Mothers day, obviously the biggest problem is that bid don't sell them, but I thought mother's day, or Mothering Sunday was supposed to be about small gestures and kindness, not big brash presents- We've got Christmas and birthdays for that. Sure as eggs is eggs, they'll be slagging off easter eggs and telling us that a crappy elastic bracelet will last longer than a chocolate egg - it probably won't!

Ah yes Merry but it's SPECIAL elastic. I must ask them why it's 'special', Schlock never bothered explaining why.

Funny eh?

Peter Sherlock is very excitable, jeez it's as if he's been supping too much Red Bull.

Talk about the hair dryer treatment, wow!

image.jpgimage.jpg

He is a really nice man, he just happens to say some shocking things

Frankie Howerd once said that an audience loves sincerity and if you can fake that you're made.

It kind of sums up how I think of Schlock. He could sell oil to a Saudi, he has an exceptional talent for bullshitting.

Likeable but an utterly ruthless salesman.

Frankie Howerd once said that an audience loves sincerity and if you can fake that you're made.

It kind of sums up how I think of Schlock. He could sell oil to a Saudi, he has an exceptional talent for bullshitting.

Likeable but an utterly ruthless salesman.

I suppose it's the sort of thing where as a non-customer, his bad qualities are what bid would consider to be his best qualities for them.

I suppose it's the sort of thing where as a non-customer, his bad qualities are what bid would consider to be his best qualities for them.

I'd guess he's highly thought of by Bid Management, very highly indeed.

The 'Perfume Expert' creation has surely been a lucrative move, he has made some utter muck sound like a must have for any discerning woman.

Don't forget that on the back of his carefully honed bullshit they were able to shift Sexxy Shoo at one point for around the £40 mark all in with is quite incredible.

Even now he makes it sound luxurious and absolutely nothing like the £5 stink that we all know it actually is. He's excellent at appearing friendly and likeable but there's no doubt his top priority is the sale and at times it's seemed like he'll say anything to get it.

I'd guess he's highly thought of by Bid Management, very highly indeed.

The 'Perfume Expert' creation has surely been a lucrative move, he has made some utter muck sound like a must have for any discerning woman.

Don't forget that on the back of his carefully honed bullshit they were able to shift Sexxy Shoo at one point for around the £40 mark all in with is quite incredible.

Even now he makes it sound luxurious and absolutely nothing like the £5 stink that we all know it actually is. He's excellent at appearing friendly and likeable but there's no doubt his top priority is the sale and at times it's seemed like he'll say anything to get it.

but he doesn't irritate me anything like peter simon i will say that for him

but he doesn't irritate me anything like peter simon i will say that for him

Exactly Mr Tom, Schlock isn't anywhere near as obvious as Dirty Peter, Split Ends or The Gollum.

He's very, very good. Possibly the best, I think we could be talking a natural born bullshitter :mysmilie_59:

What about this for an ironic sale :mysmilie_19:

image.jpg

Sick of hearing his story of how he bought some flowers for a friends birthday a few weeks ago and they cost almost £50 and they were dead after a week........not the friend, the flowers.

Get some new material Mr K

I caught the DOTD dress earlier and they seemed to not want to show the plain 'papal' purple side much. I did see Sabine wearing it the patterned side, plus Liana. I did wonder why Sabine hadn't got it on one way and Liana the other, that would be helpful. Then I saw a quick shot of Jenny T showing the plain 'papal' purple side and it was that thin, you could see the patterned side through it!

Liana, when asked, said 'yes' she would wear it. I don't think she would, unless someone robbed all her clothes and left her just that :smirk:

I caught the DOTD dress earlier and they seemed to not want to show the plain 'papal' purple side much. I did see Sabine wearing it the patterned side, plus Liana. I did wonder why Sabine hadn't got it on one way and Liana the other, that would be helpful. Then I saw a quick shot of Jenny T showing the plain 'papal' purple side and it was that thin, you could see the patterned side through it!

Liana, when asked, said 'yes' she would wear it. I don't think she would, unless someone robbed all her clothes and left her just that :smirk:

They also made a mistake with that Red Harlequin Rozzer Bag. They usually have it stuffed full of tissue paper to make it look substantial but not today, it was flopping all over the place and looked really flimsy. He had loads left at the end of the sale :mysmilie_59:

Peter keeps saying the dress he has now has 4% elastane, not according to the website (2%).

They also made a mistake with that Red Harlequin Rozzer Bag. They usually have it stuffed full of tissue paper to make it look substantial but not today, it was flopping all over the place and looked really flimsy. He had loads left at the end of the sale :mysmilie_59:

Peter keeps saying the dress he has now has 4% elastane, not according to the website (2%).

Naughty!

Have you noticed how they used to have little cushions in the bags but mostly now they put make up bags, purses, odds n sods etc. and they sometimes say 'you don't actually get what's in the bag' :mysmilie_19:

Naughty!

Have you noticed how they used to have little cushions in the bags but mostly now they put make up bags, purses, odds n sods etc. and they sometimes say 'you don't actually get what's in the bag' :mysmilie_19:

That's right, in fact that's what I meant (cushions not tissues!). This bag didn't have much in it and it showed.

I think it was Debbie who started putting actual items in the bags (amusingly she had her OPI Hand Creams obviously from QVC!) but it would seem fairer putting stuff like that in than stuffing it with pillows!

Isn't Dirty Peter's suit horrible, it's like something Guy Kean would wear!

That's right, in fact that's what I meant (cushions not tissues!). This bag didn't have much in it and it showed.

I think it was Debbie who started putting actual items in the bags (amusingly she had her OPI Hand Creams obviously from QVC!) but it would seem fairer putting stuff like that in than stuffing it with pillows!

Isn't Dirty Peter's suit horrible, it's like something Guy Kean would wear!

Yeah, it suits him. It's a bit subtle for GK, did you see his striped number the other day?

OMG that bag!

Yeah, it suits him. It's a bit subtle for GK, did you see his striped number the other day?

OMG that bag!

Guy was horrible today, you should have heard what he was saying about some larger ladies, nasty old queen!

IT Luggage is a big name you know, you find it in all the department stores.

And Asda, Matalan etc etc.

Latest posts

Back