Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've never personally heard that story before. I know he said he was quite a lonely child (when selling Jigsaws) and that as a child he had a Telescope (when selling a Telescope).

it would actually sync up with this then as it did give the impression that he was socially isolated due to wearing glasses etc

it would actually sync up with this then as it did give the impression that he was socially isolated due to wearing glasses etc

I guess it could but obviously we'd never know for sure.

But I see he's still giving out disingenuous information about the battery operated burglar alarm that 'might' allow you to get a discount on your insurance, not to mention the disingenuous delivery times.

I'm afraid I'm personally at the stage with Gollum that I simply don't believe very much of what he says, he has too much form.

I guess it could but obviously we'd never know for sure.

But I see he's still giving out disingenuous information about the battery operated burglar alarm that 'might' allow you to get a discount on your insurance, not to mention the disingenuous delivery times.

I'm afraid I'm personally at the stage with Gollum that I simply don't believe very much of what he says, he has too much form.

the real question though.... the real truth.....

what is better mike, the grundig headphones or the senheiser headphones?

(something tells me that at the moment he would say..... grundig)

Just turned over to see Mike's "informative" lecture on headphones. Now he's saying he used to be a lifeguard in Bexleyheath. Is there anything these presenters haven't done?

the real question though.... the real truth.....

what is better mike, the grundig headphones or the senheiser headphones?

(something tells me that at the moment he would say..... grundig)

Well he's in that tricky situation in that both sets of headphones are currently available, never an easy moment for a shill.

Of course Schlock's bullshitting skills come to the fore in this scenario, he's quite happy to use the 'it's my favourite (insert product) ever' line at will.

This is the trademark of a truly outstanding bullshitter, it's the creme de la creme of crap.

Just turned over to see Mike's "informative" lecture on headphones. Now he's saying he used to be a lifeguard in Bexleyheath. Is there anything these presenters haven't done?

I was just thinking the same thing Muttley
is there no end to the jobs these presenters have done?!
can you imagine what their CVs look like? so impressive!!

I was just thinking the same thing Muttley
is there no end to the jobs these presenters have done?!
can you imagine what their CVs look like? so impressive!!

We should be honoured that such highly trained people give up great jobs just to sell good value products to us humble members of the public. I for one am deeply moved (not really ha ha)...

We should be honoured that such highly trained people give up great jobs just to sell good value products to us humble members of the public. I for one am deeply moved (not really ha ha)...

it's the ultimate self sacrifice and public service
I'm not surprised you're moved by it, it's ok, I understand :mysmilie_14:

The 'lovely' Natalie Cleverley has sold out of a size 14 jumper but is urging viewers to go for the size 12, apparently 'if it's too small we'll have it back and we'll give you your money back, it's just worth a try and you have nothing to lose'. The jumper only cost £9.99

Thanks Nat, shady madam!

He'll be at The Old Vic putting the finishing touches to his latest production 'The Taming Of The Shill' :mysmilie_59:

He probably just couldn't be bothered. i appreciate he cant be bothered most days. but maybe today he just couldn't be bothered at all lol

This is a Public Service Announcement.

Tonight from 10.00pm on Bid TV quite possibly the most not-original character on British Television, Peter Simon, presents an evening of 'Sculpt & Shape' followed by 'Handbag Heaven'.

He'll be offering his nigh on 20 years experience to his voluptuous ladies on how to disguise those tricky lumps and bumps then offers advice on the perfect accessories to finish off that big night look.

Do tune in if you can, as very much a 'Ladies Man' Peter is bound to have some invaluable tips.

image.jpg

Tonight from 10.00pm on Bid TV quite possibly the most not-original character on British Television, Peter Simon, presents an evening of 'Sculpt & Shape' followed by 'Handbag Heaven'.

He'll be offering his nigh on 20 years experience to his voluptuous ladies on how to disguise those tricky lumps and bumps then offers advice on the perfect accessories to finish off that big night look.

Do tune in if you can, as very much a 'Ladies Man' Peter is bound to have some invaluable tips.

View attachment 9974

Sadly he makes me feel a bit left out :sad: I'm not a big size. I feel as though I'm not included in his presentations. Maybe I should :mysmilie_5: more.

Sadly he makes me feel a bit left out :sad: I'm not a big size. I feel as though I'm not included in his presentations. Maybe I should :mysmilie_5: more.

Maybe it's for the best Momma. These presentations tend to be petty hard going, especially for sensitive souls like your good self.

There's a drama on ITV after your local news, maybe give that a go instead :mysmilie_59:

I love the way Debbie tells us you ring and press one to buy, then '' we call you back in 20 minutes at our expense'' lol brilliant, considering people pay £7.99 and £1.53 before they've even started!!!!!

It's not always 20 minutes either

On a positive note........I have seen a few presenters over the last couple of days actually measuring stuff with a tape measure :mysmilie_13:

It's not always 20 minutes either

On a positive note........I have seen a few presenters over the last couple of days actually measuring stuff with a tape measure :mysmilie_13:

The rumour is they bought a tape to measure Mike Mason's ego but when they realised it didn't come close to size they thought they may as well use it for something else.

They did think of measuring Schlock's CV but it's longer than roll of Andrex :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 9974

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for warning me of this exciting event. I shall make sure I am watching a repeat of Scott and Bailey on ITV3

is Natalie the idiot woman who was presenting this morning on the first shift? Good grief she was bad, clearly didn't understand what cleavage was either. Noticed today that everything seems to be back to the usual, sally was doing her close up camera thing, Mike last night was doing the old sexist jokes, maybe they realised that perhaps the public like these personas and when you take the 'sqwaaak' out of sally and the 'laaaarvely' out of Mike, you are just left with shite products without any personality. I know it sounds implausable with those 2, but I honestly did used to tune into Bid specifically for Andy Hodgsons shows, just for the humour, I would never buy from a shopping channel now, but if I'm watching.......surely that's the idea?
Shylock this evening didn't mention the postage cost at all and is back to 'usual charges' and the uptight and upright feel when the 'new start' started, seems to be gone and back is the old market stall personas.

Latest posts

Back