Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

is Natalie the idiot woman who was presenting this morning on the first shift? Good grief she was bad, clearly didn't understand what cleavage was either. Noticed today that everything seems to be back to the usual, sally was doing her close up camera thing, Mike last night was doing the old sexist jokes, maybe they realised that perhaps the public like these personas and when you take the 'sqwaaak' out of sally and the 'laaaarvely' out of Mike, you are just left with shite products without any personality. I know it sounds implausable with those 2, but I honestly did used to tune into Bid specifically for Andy Hodgsons shows, just for the humour, I would never buy from a shopping channel now, but if I'm watching.......surely that's the idea?
Shylock this evening didn't mention the postage cost at all and is back to 'usual charges' and the uptight and upright feel when the 'new start' started, seems to be gone and back is the old market stall personas.

That was Natalie this morning. Her definition of 'you have nothing to lose' most certainly isn't mine.

I'd say that Bid is actually worse than before Christmas. At least you didn't have to wait two weeks for the tatt.

And the latest £10 credit offer was possibly the worst ever. Sadly I can see these channels plodding along for a while until the bosses or the banks finally decide enough is enough and finally pull the plug.

It's a shame but they are so desperately out of date and old fashioned but most importantly they rarely offer good value and much of their products are simply appalling. It's fun to watch but for every wrong reason possible but that isn't going to make people buy, it just makes bemused viewers laugh.

It's something of a freakshow :mysmilie_13:

Peter Sherlock tonight reminds me of a pushy South London Letting Agent who drives a tatty 2002 Mini Cooper and tries to squeeze an extra £100 a month for a Bedsit in Bermondsey.

He's possibly the kind who wears sunglasses on the top of his head. And possibly the type who pays cash for everything but is also known to say 'can you lend us a couple of quid for me dinner'.

You're so so right Wirral, I honestly only watch to see how bad it is, isn't that awful of me :p

Well nobody is gonna tune in to see how GOOD it is :mysmilie_59:

There's more chance of a Channel 5 viewer expecting to see I, Claudius on it.

No monologue and entrance for Dirty Peter tonight, just straight into the DOTD. They must have just canned it for his 10.00pm shows.

Look at his demo of the iron, it's spewing loads of water out of it. It was going everywhere!

Mr sherlock was verbally displaying how much stretch a dress had for the benefit of the size 22's... the dress only went up to size 20. What a co-incidence

Mr sherlock was verbally displaying how much stretch a dress had for the benefit of the size 22's... the dress only went up to size 20. What a co-incidence

He'd try and convince Lennox Lewis to purchase a size 6 pair of Dr Kellers :mysmilie_59:

Bring back peters 10pm show!!

Is it impacting on sales ?
Because the deal of day sold 15% of those Russell Hobbs irons

So if they had 1000 units they sold 150
If they had 500 units they only sold 75 ?
That was in 30 minutes
Very poor sales there
£41 for an iron ......no deal there folks

Bring back peters 10pm show!!

Is it impacting on sales ?
Because the deal of day sold 15% of those Russell Hobbs irons

So if they had 1000 units they sold 150
If they had 500 units they only sold 75 ?
That was in 30 minutes
Very poor sales there
£41 for an iron ......no deal there folks

It was an ironing board as well.

It wasn't a bad DOTD really in my opinion, not great either. Peter still does his 'thing' on Sunday and Monday but I suppose the way he went on in his monologues meant the DOTD wasn't starting until 10.10pm and with it being the first showing of it some people might have switched over for fear of losing the will to live:mysmilie_59:

I hope the cleaner is on duty tonight as there is going to be a lot to clean up after Peter nearly BLANKED himself over the Anna Smith bag

Caroline Quentin asked to put Control Pants into Room 101 last night and strangely the show was broadcast just a bit before The Dirty Peter was selling them.

Do you think that even the BBC want to put a stop to his ghastly gusset antics?

I hope the cleaner is on duty tonight as there is going to be a lot to clean up after Peter nearly BLANKED himself over the Anna Smith bag

He should get on Amazon, he'll be in clover.

They have absolutely loads and loads of them and for much less than Bid charge too. He could buy Bet a few and still not break the bank.

Just buy 'em :mysmilie_59:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbags-Shoulder-Bags-Anna-Smith-Shoes/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A1769551031%2Cp_4%3AAnna%20Smith

I really don't like his smug attitude, I honeslty don't recall him being like that before. And I thought he was awful selling nasty tops - "they give glamour" (no they didn't). And I think it was him last evening that polyesyter was wonderful as it felt like silk. Yes of course it does.

I really don't like his smug attitude, I honeslty don't recall him being like that before. And I thought he was awful selling nasty tops - "they give glamour" (no they didn't). And I think it was him last evening that polyesyter was wonderful as it felt like silk. Yes of course it does.

Shocked Face is a bit preposterous. This self created beauty/fragrance/style expert kind of loses credibility when he's shilling really cheap stinks, Poundland/B&M Bargains Haircare Products and Vera Duckworth clothes.

Gok Wan? Schlock Con :mysmilie_59:

But of course Sit-Up have a long list of self created 'experts'. Can anybody else see the irony in Peter Simon supposedly being an expert in Women's Undergarments? I doubt he'd ever seen any until he was in his 60's when he started selling them :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter has that DOTD iron. When he was at the BBC :smirk: little did he know that some years down the line he would, not only, be on a grotty shopping channel, not only, actually ironing in front of, not only, millions of, not only, punters. I BET he never had to use an iron at the BBC.

Schlock sort of gave us a mention last night, he said he was a bit tired/dazed and to keep watching for some 'random musings'. He was very pleased with himself and his perfume sale figures last night and it showed. He could stand in Harvey Nicks and sell just four perfumes an hour whereas he sold over a thousand of his own.

Dirty Peter has that DOTD iron. When he was at the BBC :smirk: little did he know that some years down the line he would, not only, be on a grotty shopping channel, not only, actually ironing in front of, not only, millions of, not only, punters. I BET he never had to use an iron at the BBC.

Schlock sort of gave us a mention last night, he said he was a bit tired/dazed and to keep watching for some 'random musings'. He was very pleased with himself and his perfume sale figures last night and it showed. He could stand in Harvey Nicks and sell just four perfumes an hour whereas he sold over a thousand of his own.

Well such selling skills will come in handy if Bid ever go bust, he'll surely be in big demand from all those many, many stores he's worked in with sales figures like that although I doubt they'll be selling 'pure perfume' for £15 so he might have to expect to sell a bit less.

I'm just watching an old episode of 'Goldenballs' and the contestants sound just like some of the Sit-Up presenters, constantly professing their honesty, hilarious!

Well such selling skills will come in handy if Bid finally go bust, he'll surely be in big demand from the hundreds of stores he's worked in with sales figures like that although I doubt they'll be selling 'pure perfume' for £15.

I'm just watching an old episode of 'Goldenballs' and the contestants sound just like some of the Sit-Up presenters, constantly professing their honesty when in fact they're lying out their teeth!

Oh I love Goldenballs!!! and yes, you're so right. I'm sure Schlock will have no trouble getting another job if he has to, he's a jack of all trades and master of.....well, all of them!

Oh I love Goldenballs!!! and yes, you're so right. I'm sure Schlock will have no trouble getting another job if he has to, he's a jack of all trades and master of.....well, all of them!

The trouble is that Harvey Nichols tend to sell high end perfumes, not Febreze. It tends to cost more so you won't sell as many as you would with bottles of muck on telly. But perhaps most importantly people can smell it before they buy :mysmilie_59:

But I can just hear Mable asking Doris from Droitwich 'what's that smell' to which Doris replies 'it's my new Sherlock Fragrance'

Mable replies 'oh, right. I thought you'd been on the cheap Gin again' :mysmilie_59:

It's hilarious comparing Harvey Nicks with his sales on a low rent shopping channel. You get treated more professionally in a proper shop or "posh department store" as he calls it.

It's funny how full size ironing boards are de rigueur again on Bid. They've been slagging them off for weeks when selling that little one.

James just said he has a fragrance 'from our own Perfumier, Peter Sherlock'.

So, if I buy one of them 'make your own stink' kits that Schlock was flogging last time and come up with my own pong will that make me a Perfumier too?

I reckon it will. I'll add that to my CV too, if it's good enough Schlocko it's good enough for me :mysmilie_59:

But I like the name of Schlock's fragrance, 'Divine Decadence'. Mine shall be called 'Desperate Deceptions'.

Latest posts

Back