Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting that the DOTD with 'no p+p' dosen't seem to be available on the website, not that I could see anyway!

He sold just 23 on top of the 208 already sold this week.

Grim :mysmilie_51:

grim is right
I've been watching bits throughout today but I've taken more notice this evening and have been shocked at how little has been sold
like you say. maybe they don't have the variety of products to keep moving on to something different
my thought earlier is that it's becoming like IW in how limited the product selection has now become

is it this? http://www.bid.tv/London-Treasures-....aspx?Id=5549433&Cat=7&Sub=28&Type=Categories

not showing on the home page like normal, searched deal of the day and it found nothing but searching deal did

even so its hardly a deal, I've seen similar sell for 1p or £1 many times + the p&p of course

Yes, that's it Mega thanks :mysmilie_59: It wasn't showing next to the live stream either.

But of course you're quite right, it's a £1 item. It didn't really sell that well for a DOTD, I think he sold less than 300.

grim is right
I've been watching bits throughout today but I've taken more notice this evening and have been shocked at how little has been sold
like you say. maybe they don't have the variety of products to keep moving on to something different
my thought earlier is that it's becoming like IW in how limited the product selection has now become

Well they've had the carpet pulled from under them because the arctic winter they kept predicting hasn't materialised so the winter products were a dead duck. And even Kinkade couldn't save the day!

But your right, it's a poor showing sales wise but it's not surprising when they offer the same items over and over at stupidly inflated prices. And the fact you might have to wait upto 2 weeks is not very appealing either.

Neil couldn't even shift all the stock of a pair of 'diamond' sterling silver earrings for £5.99, he had 24 left.

It might help if he stopped treating people like idiots and just clearly said they were diamond accent (0.01 carat, no mention of this whatsoever) rather than making them sound like something from Tiffany's.

He couldn't even shift all the stock of a diamond, sterling silver ring for £12.99, he had 14 left from 50.

Neil couldn't even shift all the stock of a pair of 'diamond' sterling silver earrings for £5.99, he had 24 left.

It might help if he stopped treating people like idiots and just clearly said they were diamond accent (0.01 carat, no mention of this whatsoever) rather than making them sound like something from Tiffany's.

I noticed he's started to mention diamond accenting and talking to Kiri just now he said 'I know they're not the biggest diamonds in the world'
just cut the cr*p Neil and stop treating us like morons
oh sorry, I forgot, we're the unsuspecting public you flog tat to aren't we - always remember your cyberwords will haunt you for ever Neil

it's not getting any better
Neil just attempted a sale on a gold plated 0.25 carat diamond ring and sold 3
not good!

it's not getting any better
Neil just attempted a sale on a gold plated 0.25 carat diamond ring and sold 3
not good!

Miserable, fancy having 22 left from a quantity of 25.

It's just an idea but maybe people consider £58 a bit steep for such a piece? Just a thought!

On Priice Drop just now, don't know presenters name, had a red Mele jewellery box. He stated we only have 10. Spent ages on history of Mele, then 2 minute clock. Only sold 1 in the last 2 seconds. I am paying more attention to how little they are selling.

On Priice Drop just now, don't know presenters name, had a red Mele jewellery box. He stated we only have 10. Spent ages on history of Mele, then 2 minute clock. Only sold 1 in the last 2 seconds. I am paying more attention to how little they are selling.

Same here, and it's noticeable they have very few products too.

I don't know why they are bothering with live auctions all day while it's so quiet, maybe they could just pre record slots for the few items they have and save on presenter fees? Surely there's no way they can be profitable broadcasting live when they are often only selling one item a minute, in fact they have often been selling even less than that!

What's the point of having endless live sales of the Digisender and 7" Tablet when the presentations are exactly the same each time anyway? How many times do they have to ask Google voice search, live, 'Who is the President of the United States?' zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

Watching Andrea this morning selling the deal of the day London Treasures stuff with NO P&P.... she came out with a classic

"look there's less available than when we started !! (i hope so luv that's yer job)

Also why are they doing split shifts...? she's on till ten then back at one.... cost saving on travelling expensive's ???

Watching Andrea this morning selling the deal of the day London Treasures stuff with NO P&P.... she came out with a classic

"look there's less available than when we started !! (i hope so luv that's yer job)

Also why are they doing split shifts...? she's on till ten then back at one.... cost saving on travelling expensive's ???

They started those split shifts last year, dunno why. I don't tend to watch much on weekday mornings but maybe morning viewers prefer presenters in shorter doses?

And as for 'No P+P'? No P+P my backside!

Left field post - Wayne the Chef.

Just watched an episode of the quiz elimination gameshow 'Whittle' on Challenge TV, originally broadcast in 1997. One of the contestents was a young Wayne Eagles. He didn't win.

The new, quieter and reserved Ben was selling Pergolese Night with 57 in the quantity, he spent quite a long time on it and enthused that they had buyers coming in. He sold 3.

http://www.bid.tv/Pergolese-Night-EDP-100ml/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=4&SubCat=37&Offer=5549634

Next he had the cheaper Pergolese Paris Ottomane, 57 in the quantity. Again he spent quite a long time on it and said they have 'lots of buyers coming in'. He did better but still only sold just 15.

http://www.bid.tv/Ottomane-EDP-100ml/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=4&SubCat=37&Offer=5549633

But finally he was selling a Shower Stool, 80 in the quantity but he only shifted 15.

http://www.bid.tv/Height-Adjustable-Shower-Stool/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=4&SubCat=35&Offer=5549575

So in well over half an hour they sold just 33 items. I actually felt sorry for him, his frustration was palpable. He sounded totally forlorn, maybe they need to get Sherlock back to sort out the poor perfume sales with tales like 'I first came across this fragrance in Paris in 1998 when I was the Head of Absolutely Everything for the Moulin Rouge'. That'll sort things out :mysmilie_14:

Andrea looks different but I'm not sure why.

Indeed Pola, maybe Shiny Face Herrington has been going to town on her with (not Bobbi Brown) make-up in an earlier sale? She looks very heavily made up :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Poor Andrea just provided probably one of the most detailed sales of a Halogen Oven I have seen on Bid involving several live cooking demonstrations, she even cleaned it. She had 100 in the quantity but still only sold 33 after spending a full half hour on it including a 4 minute clock.

However, she said you may have seen other Halogen Ovens with Plastic Bowls but their model has a Glass Bowl. Plastic Bowl with a Halogen Oven? Surely not?

Andrea had a Mele beech effect box earlier, quantity of 50, she sold 2

Debbie (well, in reality it was more Jenny Gobb) sold out of a size 16 jumper but none of the other sizes even got to limited stock.

It was only £5.99 :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back