Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Andy H just made me laugh but also shocked me a bit too. Introducing Dirty Peter he said 'Who is here? The truth according to Peter Simon. Bet, Maude and other characters that are only in his head'

Curiously there was a very, very long pause before he appeared. I bet he was furious!

Brilliant, I wish they could bottle Andy :mysmilie_19:

Andy just confirmed Bet, Maude and other characters are just in Peter's head, there was then a really long silent pause with a still on screen of the black Friday bags so maybe he was getting told off by Peter :mysmilie_17:

I also thought his intro last night was funny we have our frank and our George with a big mince pie inbetween them Seb

Oh dear Peter's had a day of it again what a surprise

Last edited:
Andy just confirmed Bet, Maude and other characters are just in Peter's head, there was then a really long silent pause with a still on screen of the black Friday bags so maybe he was getting told off by Peter :mysmilie_17:

Snap!

Jeez, I couldn't believe Andy said that. What will Elisa think?, it ruins their afternoon act!

Snap!

Jeez, I couldn't believe Andy said that. What will Elisa think?, it ruins their afternoon act!

I wouldn't worry we got a story about our Bet strite after (for any newbies this isn't an error its how Peter says the word straight)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry we got a story about our Bet strite after

The stories in his monologue are one thing but have you heard him and Elisa talk about 'Bet' when they are selling products? It's beyond weird.

Can you imagine if someone complained to the ASA saying 'I believe the presenters are just making imaginary people up' :mysmilie_13:

It would have to be an immediate 'Upheld' :mysmilie_19:

Andy H just made me laugh but also shocked me a bit too. Introducing Dirty Peter he said 'Who is here? The truth according to Peter Simon. Bet, Maude and other characters that are only in his head'

Curiously there was a very, very long pause before he appeared. I bet he was furious!

Brilliant, I wish they could bottle Andy :mysmilie_19:

pure tv gold, you couldn't make it up!
I remember James Russell parodying Peter before one of his previews and it was hilarious, lots of 'not only' ;the larger of the sizes', 'delicious;, stunning' etc. DP had a face like thunder (showing his true colours methinks!)

Following that bombshell I take back what I said last night about not believing Peter when he said he would be on his own this Christmas but Seb, Frank and George should invite him round for a mince pie and something warm inside him which he probably doesn't get much living on his own its too much hassle to cook a meal at 3am so if your reading this take pity on a poor old man and show him some love this christmas

Following that bombshell I take back what I said last night about not believing Peter when he said he would be on his own this Christmas but Seb, Frank and George should invite him round for a mince pie and something warm inside him which he probably doesn't get much living on his own its too much hassle to cook a meal at 3am so if your reading this take pity on a poor old man and show him some love this christmas

That's a beautiful sentiment...I think he would appreciate a pair of those knitted slippers too.

But he's got plenty of people in his head so he won't be lonely

But who is more manipulative... peter simon-just buy it, or elisa portelli-foreman-buy it for yourself

Elisa is a veteran of the low end shopping channels, she must know every trick in the book by now.

Teaming her up with Dirty P was a natural move, I suspect she wouldn't flinch asking him questions about Bet if she thought there was an extra sale to be had.

Elisa is a veteran of the low end shopping channels, she must know every trick in the book by now.

Teaming her up with Dirty P was a natural move, I suspect she wouldn't flinch asking him questions about Bet if she thought there was an extra sale to be had.

As I think about it that really is quite calculating and manipulative.
I guess it's ok for us, we can see through it but what about those unfortunate more vulnerable viewers who want to believe this stuff because they're 'part of the Bid family', they see these unscrupulous presenters as their friends.
That upsets me.

Latest posts

Back