Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other week I mentioned how discreet Lisa Brash was regarding her new tattoo, sadly the same cannot be said about her performance last night. With the assistance of one of the male production staff to hold her top up (as you do) she smothered it in Cyclax moisturiser (please bear in mind where on her body the very large tattoo is placed) to demonstrate it's hydrating qualities.

Even as a viewer I could sense the palpable embarrassment of the crew. I always thought Lisa was a bit of an attention seeker but that little performance has to take the biscuit, even by her standards. Surely for selling purposes she would have been better demonstrating it on her legs? I doubt there are many other middle aged women with (in my opinion) a hideous, massive drawing down the side of their body who were thinking 'that would be perfect for me'.

I get the feeling her tatt will be making regular appearances on her show, maybe that was the thinking

If I was a 40 something yr old woman with her body I'd be very happy to show it off. She looks great. Before anyone says 'she'll be 40 in November'
I remember her saying a few times that she lies about her age for "TV" so she must be over
40... Fair play Lisa.

Peter Simon was just saying how good Peter Sherlock is and said No bull I tell it as it is, I call a spade a spade

The bottle looks nice of Sherlock fragrance mark 2, Peter Simon says its the champagne of the gods and Elisa is buying it as it our Bet

The deal of the day was Links of London again, they had 800 and only sold about 100 but it was £39.99 so that's understandable

Is Sally off making some new clothes? as I've hardly seen her on for the last 2 months on a weekend

i miss "salurday"

The other week I mentioned how discreet Lisa Brash was regarding her new tattoo, sadly the same cannot be said about her performance last night. With the assistance of one of the male production staff to hold her top up (as you do) she smothered it in Cyclax moisturiser (please bear in mind where on her body the very large tattoo is placed) to demonstrate it's hydrating qualities.

Even as a viewer I could sense the palpable embarrassment of the crew. I always thought Lisa was a bit of an attention seeker but that little performance has to take the biscuit, even by her standards. Surely for selling purposes she would have been better demonstrating it on her legs? I doubt there are many other middle aged women with (in my opinion) a hideous, massive drawing down the side of their body who were thinking 'that would be perfect for me'.

I get the feeling her tatt will be making regular appearances on her show, maybe that was the thinking

If I was a 40 something yr old woman with her body I'd be very happy to show it off. She looks great. Before anyone says 'she'll be 40 in November'
I remember her saying a few times that she lies about her age for "TV" so she must be over
40... Fair play Lisa.

She does look great, I think the tatt is odd but that's just me and if she lies about her age she must say she's older than she actually is!

But this sale in particular was very strange, as the technician left she said 'I knew i'd turn him' suggesting he was gay but that he enjoyed helping her with the moisturising. Weird stuff for a shopping channel, then again it's a weird channel full stop!

Last edited:
She does look great, I think the tatt is odd but that's just me and if she lies about her age she must say she's older than she actually is!

But this sale in particular was very strange, as the technician left she said 'I knew i'd turn him' suggesting he was gay but that he enjoyed helping her with the moisturising. Weird stuff for a shopping channel, then again it's a weird channel full stop!

I think a good thing about the channels is that all presenters come across much different to others, and this would be a reason why we all have strong opinions against some. From watching Lisa for years on the channels nothing would shock me with her, I suppose viewers get to know what presenters they like and just stick by watching them.

Happy start o the week everyone

mr mason selling the tabletop pool table, getting very excited about his "skills"

Someone really needs to step in as he is commiting constant foul shots :-(

Happy start o the week everyone

mr mason selling the tabletop pool table, getting very excited about his "skills"

Someone really needs to step in as he is commiting constant foul shots :-(

And his pool playing breaks rules too *boom boom*

[Family Guy] Quick play me off[/Family Guy]

And a good top of the week to you Mr T. I pity the fool who ain't nice to you.

PJ

Mikes on about "the forum writers" again :grin: at least he's a good sport about it these days :giggle:

I'd add I think he's been really good for a while now, I'm impressed how he gives a lot of details that some other presenters don't, for example explaining about what the batteries he was selling would be suitable for & saying what they wouldn't.

Last edited:
Mikes on about "the forum writers" again :grin: at least he's a good sport about it these days :giggle:

I'd add I think he's been really good for a while now, I'm impressed how he gives a lot of details that some other presenters don't, for example explaining about what the batteries he was selling would be suitable for & saying what they wouldn't.

He has told some glaringly obvious whoppers in the past (Vodafone, JPD and of course the Bass Reflex sheet) but I think in the big picture Mike Mason is ok these days. I much prefer him to the grotesquely slippery James Russell, who i'm afraid is back to his revolting worst if not even worse.

Mike is good with his assistants too.

He has told some glaringly obvious whoppers in the past (Vodafone, JPD and of course the Bass Reflex sheet) but I think in the big picture Mike Mason is ok these days. I much prefer him to the grotesquely slippery James Russell, who i'm afraid is back to his revolting worst if not even worse.

I agree with this about both people. Yes we see the odd slip from Mike (like when the Play Store didn't have the email address set up for him to search it and he looked like someone would be for the high jump) but he is much improved unlike as you say James who in the words of a famous politician about Michael Howard, there is something if the night about him. Creepy, slimy etc.

PJ

PS James when I insulted Me-Mike Mason he named me, please may I have a name check too thanks, love PJ aged 39

To be fair, i suspect that had andy hodgeson not mentioned the items that the batteries are best suited for, mason would have you powering your whole house for all of five minutes.

*i cannot prove this and mike certainly seems more relaxed along with a more natural chemistry with kiri. his demo of a tablet that involved showing the marina duster twig incident to demonstrate the vid quality was excellent.

I agree with this about both people. Yes we see the odd slip from Mike (like when the Play Store didn't have the email address set up for him to search it and he looked like someone would be for the high jump) but he is much improved unlike as you say James who in the words of a famous politician about Michael Howard, there is something if the night about him. Creepy, slimy etc.

PJ

PS James when I insulted Me-Mike Mason he named me, please may I have a name check too thanks, love PJ aged 39

I have to agree. I think I backed the wrong horse with Russell. I've put my money on Mike now, he's vastly improved lately. Keep up the good work Mike :wave:

Andrea said Kate has been away doing a 30 episode foody programme for ITV

Ken Hom taught Kate to stir fry

If it's on ITV it will probably be a lame ripoff of a BBC programme.

Maybe it will be called The Not Very Good British Bake-a-Thon?

I was watching Carolyn earlier and they made one of their 'mistakes'. They put P&P £0.00 on the graphics. Of course they had to honour it :rolleyes:

It was for one of those plastic satchel like bags with flowers (it was of course likened to one of the top design bags you pay a lot of money for but she couldn't say who) and birds. I've seen a similar bag with birds on a couple of days ago that went for £9.99 ++. This time with their 'mistake' it went for £17.99.

Of course Carolyn wanted one and wished she'd put a bid in, especially now they'd made a 'mistake'. In future she'll probably have to pay the P&P for hers.

It's not all bad Carolyn, you could save yourself a whole penny the 'mistake' free way :wink:

Latest posts

Back