Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dont get me wrong, the poncho capes were awesome but i assume sally sold them as if they were in style and not the amusing novelty item they are.

I love the voices they put on when they are reciting the stories of emilio mele and gayford.. or tire width lol. i may now refer to it as the "wiki voice"

I guess at least today's 'Mele' does have some sort of a connection with the founder.

But what 'AV-8' has to do with Hawker, or the great Thomas Earnshaw has to do with those watches that bear his name is a bit more tenuous. I believe they say they are a 'nod to their past and heritage'.

Very good.

Last edited:
I guess at least today's 'Mele' does have some sort of a connection with the founder.

But what 'AV-8' has to do with Hawker, or the great Thomas Earnshaw has to do with those watches that bear his name is a bit more tenuous. I believe they say they are a 'nod to their past and heritage'.

Very good.

dare peter simon to sell a product without using "wiki voice" or "just buy it" and he wouldnt know what to do

dont get me wrong, the poncho capes were awesome but i assume sally sold them as if they were in style and not the amusing novelty item they are.

I love the voices they put on when they are reciting the stories of emilio mele and gayford.. or tire width lol. i may now refer to it as the "wiki voice"

The best is when Peter Simon used to sell Earnshaw watches, stressing every word as though they were God's own, "This. Is. An. Earnshaw." And let's not forget the sacred worry angels...

The best is when Peter Simon used to sell Earnshaw watches, stressing every word as though they were God's own, "This. Is. An. Earnshaw." And let's not forget the sacred worry angels...

worry angels mark2 is currently on bid under the name "porcelain guardian angels with led lights"

I have also noticed that james russell always elongates the final word in a sentance. everytime

I predict a very welcome return to the worry angels very soon. I know this is a longshot but when they do return do you think Dirty Peter will mention his illness?

It would be preferable to him mentioning it when he sells the mattress toppers :giggle:

worry angels mark2 is currently on bid under the name "porcelain guardian angels with led lights"

I have also noticed that james russell always elongates the final word in a sentance. everytime

Hooray! The pseudo-religious, faux-spiritual nonsense that Peter Simon trots out with the worry angels, coupled with the New Age music, is pure comedy gold. I try not to think about the gullible people throwing their money away on such pointless tat.

Hooray! The pseudo-religious, faux-spiritual nonsense that Peter Simon trots out with the worry angels, coupled with the New Age music, is pure comedy gold. I try not to think about the gullible people throwing their money away on such pointless tat.

sadly i wasn't a viewer in the worry angel era. i suspect i would have had a field day

I wonder if there are any other (supposedly) mainstream, non religious shopping channels anywhere in the world that would put on such a performance?

Doubt it.

Guy Keane just mentioned 'Dr Cringle' :eek: a two pack of elasticated shoes, he said they would be good for nurses

Mini table top games.....'what a lot of fun'. What's fun about hunting round for a table tennis ball after you've only managed to hit it once to your opponent and then it lands on the floor cos the thing is so damn fiddly and small that your opponent has little or no chance of returning it with his bat! Likewise the pool table, where's the fun in hitting the balls with the white when most of them are potted cos the thing is so tiny. He did make me laugh when he said Mark Ryes should be here, he could have walked up and down on it :giggle:

Still, things are selling well on the no P&P weekend. Why not treat yourself to that awful wrapping paper from last year, you know the one, gold and silver, with all the bows, and not just for Christmas, bear that in mind, it will do for anniversaries etc. only £7.99 without the P&P. If you miss it though I know it'll be back but it will be WITH P&P probably for 1p.

I wonder if there are any other (supposedly) mainstream, non religious shopping channels anywhere in the world that would put on such a performance?

Doubt it.

It's what makes watching Bid (and Peter Simon in particular) so bizarrely compelling. I once shared my interest with a friend and we watched a Peter Simon worry angel sale. My friend was almost speechless and agreed he'd never seen anything quite like it.

I doubt this will go down well in here but i actually like guy kean.

He plays up to the diva reputation he has and makes no secret of when he is bored by the gardening.

He is clearly a angry bitter person and it is very funny.

It's what makes watching Bid (and Peter Simon in particular) so bizarrely compelling. I once shared my interest with a friend and we watched a Peter Simon worry angel sale. My friend was almost speechless and agreed he'd never seen anything quite like it.

I'm sure at some point he has breached all manner of aspects of the BCAP guidelines on faith, religion and equivalent systems of belief but the man is so bizarre and strange that I genuinely couldn't lend my name to anything that even slightly questions his complete and utter drivel. It's too entertaining :giggle:

Convinced a mate to watch price drop, pressed 37 on the remote and it landed on lisa brash selling/modeling bras....

I doubt this will go down well in here but i actually like guy kean.

He plays up to the diva reputation he has and makes no secret of when he is bored by the gardening.

He is clearly a angry bitter person and it is very funny.

Poor Guy, I bet that even in his worst nightmares he never thought by his age he'd end up selling walking sticks and security stamps.

I bet he had ambitions of rubbing shoulders with Sir Ian and Sir Derek at the Old Vic, not being tenth fiddle to a washed up Kids TV presenter and some Pontin's rejects on Bid TV :giggle:

Poor Guy, I bet that even in his worst nightmares he never thought by his age he'd end up selling walking sticks and security stamps.

I bet he had ambitions of rubbing shoulders with Sir Ian and Sir Derek at the Old Vic, not being tenth fiddle to a washed up Kids TV presenter and some Pontin's rejects on Bid TV :giggle:

the irony being that with his rage, he would make a great panto villain.

Did anyone see James Russell selling the handbag with the umbrella holder the other night?

I do wonder if he thinks the viewers are too stupid to see his little jokes, or are we supposed to find it funny too?

Harsh, but fair :giggle:

Latest posts

Back