Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is their stuff that bad that they need 3 people live in the studio to shift it?

And on Price Drop? Their wages will seriously eat into what little profit they make! I hate the way the man keeps looking at the camera and nodding to what Kiri says.

Just let Kiri sell it and save on the wages!

He's so annoying, like a male Rezzy

He's sold just a few slinky tops, even mention of a wedding, which he went to that was so hot last summer, isn't shifting it

He's sold just a few slinky tops, even mention of a wedding, which he went to that was so hot last summer, isn't shifting it

Of late they seem to be using more presenters, experts and models than they have punters :mysmilie_14:

Gollum had Jenny, Split Ends, Shiny Face and Schlock on to help him the other night.

His sales were still poop!

Ah well, he's still got the burglars to sort out :mysmilie_59:

I think he'd run a mile Momma!
He seems to have a very inflated opinion of himself - the other night he said 'you'd expect to find someone like me keeping door outside a nightclub' - no Mike, no I wouldn't and I don't think anyone else sees you as a tough hard man either, it's all in your mind my love, just because you've got male pattern baldness and shave your head doesn't mean you look hard
you're over 40, losing your hair, thick as a brick and frankly a little bit runty to do anyone any harm
please don't be under the illusion that anyone would be intimidated by you :mysmilie_13:

He seems to have a very inflated opinion of himself - the other night he said 'you'd expect to find someone like me keeping door outside a nightclub' - no Mike, no I wouldn't and I don't think anyone else sees you as a tough hard man either, it's all in your mind my love, just because you've got male pattern baldness and shave your head doesn't mean you look hard
you're over 40, losing your hair, thick as a brick and frankly a little bit runty to do anyone any harm
please don't be under the illusion that anyone would be intimidated by you :mysmilie_13:

He might be softening the blow for us in case one of us does actually catch him doing just that in the not too distant future

Noooooo! Nobody can compare to Rezzy 'yeah' 'great' 'yeah' 'fantastic' 'yeah' 'brilliant' 'yeah' :mysmilie_13:

Maybe he thinks he's a hard case with his Star Trek phone and his 'Deep Sense'?

Personally I'd expect to see him collecting glasses in a club than standing on a club door.

He might be softening the blow for us in case one of us does actually catch him doing just that in the not too distant future

you could have a point there Momma, I reckon he's a frustrated Bodie from The Professionals (I'm showing my age now!) he fancies himself rolling across car bonnets, slamming people face first up against the wall and other displays of general gratuitous aggression
perhaps someone should tell him door security work isn't like that any more?!

you could have a point there Momma, I reckon he's a frustrated Bodie from The Professionals (I'm showing my age now!) he fancies himself rolling across car bonnets, slamming people face first up against the wall and other displays of general gratuitous aggression
perhaps someone should tell him door security work isn't like that any more?!

Now Bodie was hard

Oooo wasn't that Adam Faith?

Aye Momma.

Gollum has little in common with Bodie other than they are both 70's-80's characters. Sadly Gollum hasn't moved on, he probably still thinks Findus Crispy Pancakes are in vogue.

I bet Gollum drives a Capri.

One thing that is annoying me as of late is how Sally keeps saying certain colours (that happens to be the colour of the garment she would be selling) is going to be big this year, I've lost count how many times I have heard her say it. Out of interest I noted down some of the colours she mentions and compare them to various very well known fashion houses/forums that give tips for this years colours and they hardly ever (if ever) match what Sally says. I would much prefer her to say "in my opinion this colour will be big this year even though well known fashion blogs/labels don't agree".
Next time she mentions a colour or design that's "going to be very big this year" im going to ask Kiri on her blog if she agrees as she's mean't to be really clued up on this years big designers & trends.

One thing that is annoying me as of late is how Sally keeps saying certain colours (that happens to be the colour of the garment she would be selling) is going to be big this year, I've lost count how many times I have heard her say it. Out of interest I noted down some of the colours she mentions and compare them to various very well known fashion houses/forums that give tips for this years colours and they hardly ever (if ever) match what Sally says. I would much prefer her to say "in my opinion this colour will be big this year even though well known fashion blogs/labels don't agree".
Next time she mentions a colour or design that's "going to be very big this year" im going to ask Kiri on her blog if she agrees as she's mean't to be really clued up on this years big designers & trends.

I have noticed that what Kiri posts on her Fashion Forensics site often seems quite at odds with what she says on air but I suppose she can only comment on the muck put in front of her.

And it's noticeable her 'recommendations' don't seem to include anything remotely close to the stuff she gushes over on Bid.

But only a channel like Bid could pitch Sally Jacks as a fashion expert. She certainly has a look but it's one I'd expect a 1990's pub singer to sport rather than a 2014 fashionista.

Then again I doubt many 2014 fashionistas buy clothes from Bid.

I have noticed that what Kiri posts on her Fashion Forensics site often seems quite at odds with what she says on air.

And it's noticeable her 'recommendations' don't seem to include anything remotely close to the stuff she gushes over on Bid!

I agree, I read some of her blogs & twitter. The fashion forensics site is quite good sometimes but as you say most the time it doesn't recommend anything that comes close to what they are saying is amazing on Bid/Pd.
My better half likes Vivienne Westwood attire & I think most the stuff is simply horrible and wouldn't look out of place on the performers at cirque du soleil... so perhaps I'm not the best to judge fashion lol.

I agree, I read some of her blogs & twitter. The fashion forensics site is quite good sometimes but as you say most the time it doesn't recommend anything that comes close to what they are saying is amazing on Bid/Pd.
My better half likes Vivienne Westwood attire & I think most the stuff is simply horrible that wouldn't look out of place on the performers at cirque du soleil... so perhaps I'm not the best to judge fashion lol.

To be totally fair to Kiri she's merely an assistant so she probably dosen't have much control over what she says, she just follows the presenter.

Bid clearly caters to a certain audience so a brassy type like Sally probably is 'fashionable' to a lot of the buyers and I could actually see her wearing many of the awful clothes. She was dressed like that on CDWM although I didn't recognise any of the clothes from Bid (I think she wore a metallic jumpsuit one day:mysmilie_13:).

But Jenny is a different matter, I couldn't see her wearing anything from Bid.

I suppose Kiri can only work with what she's given on air but at least she's credible and doesn't profess to love, want and need every item in her wardrobe, she's fairlt true to her own style even if it is all black!
As for Sally, she couldn't be more different, her style does appear to be that of a cross between Bet Lynch, Bette Midler and Tina Turner!
I do not believe for one moment that she would be seen dead in let alone want any of the fashion they sell on the channels - she never mentions that she's bought any!

Lol @ the guy on price drop

Price drop guy: thank you for joining me and kerry

Kiri: actually its kiri

price drop guy: oh... it aint kerry, i thought it was just your accent

to be fair, they handled it well.

Lol @ the guy on price drop

Price drop guy: thank you for joining me and kerry

Kiri: actually its kiri

price drop guy: oh... it aint kerry, i thought it was just your accent

to be fair, they handled it well.

I've been watching on and off and I noticed he's called her Kerry for most of the afternoon
he must've thought it was her posh accent!

Latest posts

Back