Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They’re selling some of the worst performing products Ideal World had so I think 6 months may even be a stretch
What are you on about, worst performing????
Did you miss yesterdays battery bike sales pitch as they told use we should buy this wonderful life changing bike and how they had been personally responsible for the sale of 20000 of said bikes to customers whoes lives have been changed for every thanks to their purchase of said bike.
Sorry should I get my coat…………. 😶‍🌫️

Will we see the return of the great 200,000 steps a day, Treadmill Jenny? Though in that size of studio they might struggle to get her in, let alone the three treadmills to go with her.

Just trying to guess what these worst performing former Ideal World products are they are selling? The sticky stuff? I don’t even remember seeing that on the channel. The bike? I thought they sold well.. The collagen stuff? Wasn’t that a different brand to what Ideal sold, or does that mean collagen products in general sold poorly? Greenworks? They’ve not sold that brand for years? Or again…does that mean mowers in generslare poor sellers? The H2O machine? I can imagine that not selling well..Those wretched shammy things from that terribly annoying Australian fellow?

I still haven't managed to see this channel, they're always still showing craft. I tried pressing the red button and nothing happened and it was on a smart tv. I've not tried on the main telly but oh is usually watching that at the time these shows air

You are supposed to be able to get the Shop Extra broadcasting also via their YouTube channel. They did six hours of live broadcasting last night, but the last two disappeared from Channel 85 Shop Extra red button options to go back to Create & Craft output on both. All extremely confusing. Eventually, I was able to watch the last two hours via the main website, with it not being available on YouTube when I looked. As I said previously, a shopping channel, that’s brand-new on the market, but is fiddly to follow viewing wise throughout the day, moving around platforms wise, has got a difficult route for itself to become established. They have a bit of a chicken and egg situation in the sense that the channel won’t become established until it is selling successfully and it won’t start to sell successfully until it is established. You do wonder in six months time whether it’ll still be broadcasting or not based on the visual business model it current presents.

I still haven't managed to see this channel, they're always still showing craft. I tried pressing the red button and nothing happened and it was on a smart tv. I've not tried on the main telly but oh is usually watching that at the time these shows air
I don’t know if it’s relevant but how old is your router. I couldn’t get the red button to work on my smart tv either. I used to just get a black screen . I have just updated my very elderly router and now find the red button works fine.

I don’t know if it’s relevant but how old is your router. I couldn’t get the red button to work on my smart tv either. I used to just get a black screen . I have just updated my very elderly router and now find the red button works fine.
The router is brand new, that's probably the problem lol!

I heard Dennice earlier this evening talking to the girl Kelly (E-Bikes) that it was like a school reunion (with all the ex IW people coming on) and then she said (off the cuff) everyone is here except the nasty ones. I wonder who she meant???
Well…there’s a question, which in part, the ex-Ideal World staff member posting last night gave a hint to.

Will we see the return of the great 200,000 steps a day, Treadmill Jenny? Though in that size of studio they might struggle to get her in, let alone the three treadmills to go with her.

Just trying to guess what these worst performing former Ideal World products are they are selling? The sticky stuff? I don’t even remember seeing that on the channel. The bike? I thought they sold well.. The collagen stuff? Wasn’t that a different brand to what Ideal sold, or does that mean collagen products in general sold poorly? Greenworks? They’ve not sold that brand for years? Or again…does that mean mowers in generslare poor sellers? The H2O machine? I can imagine that not selling well..Those wretched shammy things from that terribly annoying Australian fellow?
FixIts did terribly and only appeared in the last few months of Ideal World. They quickly disappeared again when they performed awfully and just became a side mention. LAB and My Instant Effects are notorious for being bad sales alongside garden tools.
H2O generally did well though

It all seems very low rent. Does the gallery (whatever that is) even have that type of current sales position information yet? Just the usual ‘we are very busy’. I’m very busy looking after three dogs and keeping the house clean, but it doesn’t really equate to what ‘very busy’ actually means in the greater scheme of things. Very Busy, therefore, is meaningless without accompanying stats.

They are working in a very limited space and not the main studio. If they want also want to focus on kitchen type stuff, then as last night illustrated - there is no actual kitchen to work in - just the main worktop they use. It is not a dealbreaker of course, but it just gives an impression of not very much spent to present the items in a realistic home setting. Psychologically, I guess, it also helps to see an item you might be considering buying for the kitchen in the kitchen setting rather than a counter.. Also, is there anywhere outside they can work? Like the garden area at Ideal World?

You wonder if this is very much a trial period by the people who own Create & Craft. Keeping start up costs to the bare minimum - a tiny spare studio, not kitted out for anything in particular, very small crew in number working on broadcasts and some in-house promos shot and logos created. Are the presenters even being paid a full fee at present until it becomes clear if Shop Extra will be a success or not? It’s not even particularly easy to find and then stay tuned to the channel if you are not shopping telly obsessives like ourselves. You wouldn’t really know it was there to find if you just rely on Freeview..

What they sell is the key, obviously. The E-Bike last night looked a good deal (without me doing any price comparisons). Greenworks gear? I don’t know - would people in it buy that brand? But they won’t sell in number surely with the channel not having its own easy to find, dedicated channel slot on all platforms. There seems to be a lot of in-house expectation that their crafting customers will come over and become Shop Extra ones, too. If that expectation fails to become a reality, I don’t see a long term place for it..Does a loyal crafter buying lower priced related goods, automatically switch over and buy a big ticket item like a bike or a mower - particularly with the even colder days looming and darker nights? Not the best timing to sell that type of item.
The gallery is a term for the production control room in which the producers, production assistant and vision mixers and others sit (those who have control of what is being broadcast and what graphics go where, audio stuff and checking information). There's another area called the master control room that controls what is being broadcast and what 'adverts' to show or pre-recorded video tape (VT) all digital now but some people still say 'roll VT' It depends how big the production is as to what they've got in there. But the presenters have an earpiece that they are being given direction and info from the gallery, so they can hear backchat between people in the gallery, in their ear, as they are talking to us. I think this very much is a trial period from create and craft. There was a preview show with the guy on create and craft Dan. And he pretty much said there was a gap in the market and they took it. I would imagine they will try and find an outdoor space to test the lawnmowers and ride the ebikes as before.

FixIts did terribly and only appeared in the last few months of Ideal World. They quickly disappeared again when they performed awfully and just became a side mention. LAB and My Instant Effects are notorious for being bad sales alongside garden tools.
H2O generally did well though

Not trying to get into an argument and it isn't going against what you are saying but RE Instant Effects the brand certainly sells very well on TJC and TJC Beauty pretty much every day in various time slots on various days

I will stand by my view that the products were way down in the problems at Ideal World

As Duke mentioned the prices last night were very competitive and in some cases market beating... I understand they have to try something to get established but when a fair chunk of the people who know about the channel at this stage would rightly be very wary in spending on anything let alone e bikes

Latest posts

Back