Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is where a decent organisation policing shopping channels like these should step in. They should inform a channel that it is ultimately misleading viewers, if when selling similar products on on different days, they reverse the plus and minus points for each item. There should be an enforced protocol that positives and negatives for similar items sold should remain absolutely consistent, and not be switched around to suit the presentation concerned. It is perfectly possible to sell a mop without having to exaggerate its effectiveness. Equally, you can sell a steam cleaner, and its plus points, without complete focus on the negatives of the mop. I.E.approach matters that mops are a cheaper alternative to buying a steam cleaner, don’t use electricity and do clean a floor when used correctly, but steam cleaners will be generally more effective than mops at cleaning, but will cost more to buy and then run. This is what they fail to do at the time of presenting an item - instead insisting it has absolutely no failings whatsoever, and making completely negative comparisons with a similar type of product. Instead of a balanced pros and cons for each thing - giving the viewer an informed choice whether to buy or not.
Same thing they did on Ideal with the air fryers Didnt matter if it had one draw two draws or was an oven with shelves. The one they showed was the best one better than other versions and the only one you should buy. They could have said this one is better if you live alone, are a couple, eat different foods etc.

If your feeling deprived re choice of watches on shopping extra don’t despair as tomorrow on Friday fashion you have….

Attachments

• D58FD139-FA59-464E-B61D-A1D4C6FC8116.jpeg
    D58FD139-FA59-464E-B61D-A1D4C6FC8116.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 28
Hair loss, particularly in women, is an upsetting and at times traumatic issue. Personally, I would prefer it when selling these types of wigs, they didn’t try and focus on those reasons for buying one. It doesn’t sit well (like the wig) and has no place as part of shopping television sales patter. Just sell them for what they are - a fashion or dressing up item. Don’t push the emotional angle. Quite frankly it sickens me when it’s done.

Reminds me of those nylon wigs you used to see in the back pages of Titbits years ago.

On a more general point, it fascinates me that somebody sees it as a good idea to replicate an appalling business model and repeat it in every single visual aspect for a relaunch on another channel?
On the general point and in my opinion manage to make it even worse than the previous model...thats some going!

How tall is Torchy the Battery Boy? The man from the gimp room towers over him. They always sat down together when they were fondling animal hot water bottles etc. on the bedding shows. Selling AA goods (the rescue organisation - not the alcoholic one). We have a vacuum now that seems to suck up rice particles as fast as I can with a chicken madras..£26.99 plus P&P unknown. Yeah, right. Look at my (gear) knob, Torchy says.. No thanks….

Latest posts

Back