Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sally Jacks was selling a Pressure Washer recently, it was the best thing EVER.

She's now shilling Williams Waterless Car Cleaner and says that 'most of us will encounter Hosepipe Bans in the Summer':mysmilie_59:

Sally Jacks was selling a Pressure Washer recently, it was the best thing EVER.

She's now shilling Williams Waterless Car Cleaner and says that 'most of us will encounter Hosepipe Bans in the Summer':mysmilie_59:

How could anyone disagree with a word she say's? Thanks for the tip IW!

How could anyone disagree with a word she say's? Thanks for the tip IW!

They were (kind of) even bad mouthing Karcher (now on QVC) when selling the Spear and Jackson Pressure Washer. The expert said it was considerably better than the 'market leader'.

This channel really must be getting desperate, it's tactics are clearly becoming more and more schlocky by the day :mysmilie_59:

They were (kind of) even bad mouthing Karcher (now on QVC) when selling the Spear and Jackson Pressure Washer. The expert said it was considerably better than the 'market leader'.

This channel really must be getting desperate, it's tactics are clearly becoming more and more schlocky by the day :mysmilie_59:

Jaxx was using the old Bid carp of coming close to the screen, whispering, the bosses are away, they have made a mistake with the price. Couldn't make it up could you - but then again, this is Bid Mk2.

Jaxx was using the old Bid carp of coming close to the screen, whispering, the bosses are away, they have made a mistake with the price. Couldn't make it up could you - but then again, this is Bid Mk2.

Indeed.

And more Bid crap is Dirty Peter screaming 'It's Limited Stock' and providing no % update and there's no 'Limited Stock' graphic on screen.

The more I see of this channel it screams 'We're In Trouble' or at least 'The American Private Equity Firm owner wants MORE MORE MORE' :mysmilie_59:

Will this channel survive after christmas 2016 ? Me thinks not, it will be like bidtv. Loen Love seems to be having a long break. Don't think she'll be back.

Last edited:
Will this channel survive after christmas 2016 ? Me thinks not, it will be like bidtv. Loen Love seems to be having a long break. Don't think she'll be back.

It's shock jock tactics at it's best. It never fails to get worse! I wonder how much longer IW will last!

They only have quite a small roster of Goons/Presenters as it is but now almost half of them seem to be off at any given time.

I wonder if the Private Equity vultures have cut costs on Presentation? They only ever used to present 1 hour at a time but now they can be on for 2 or even 3 straight
hours.

Perhaps they'll need even less Goons as they inevitably show more and more recorded 'Informercials' for Mobility Scooters, Wills and Commodes :mysmilie_59:

***WARNING - Do not look at the image below if you are of a sensitive disposition***

Just look at the state of Doddy Flump & The Dirty Peter:-

image.jpg

If you think De Knees is a bad advert for Effective Face Potions, or that Nan Nanty Nan is a bad advert for Civilised Mankind then what on earth do these two say about VibraPower?

But back to Nan Nanty Nan, I don't know if you can see it in this picture but when posing on one of those shatty Pleather Chairs with his shoes off it seems he's got holes in his socks. Wouldn't you think his 'Mam' would have noticed that when she dressed him? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Nan Nanty Nan was telling us last week how bad his poor old grans matress was and how he wished he had done something about that for her........................well would you believe it....................his poor old gran had an awful chair that she would prop up with old cushions................Jees Nan Nanty Nan doesnt seem like a very caring grandson, he seemed to put the lady through a time of it.

Anyway someone.....anyone going to buy one of these ****** seats that I'm trying to punt:call::sweat:

Nan Nanty Nan was telling us last week how bad his poor old grans matress was and how he wished he had done something about that for her........................well would you believe it....................his poor old gran had an awful chair that she would prop up with old cushions................Jees Nan Nanty Nan doesnt seem like a very caring grandson, he seemed to put the lady through a time of it.

Anyway someone.....anyone going to buy one of these ****** seats that I'm trying to punt:call::sweat:

The fake personal anecdote is a standard part of the shopping telly presenters repertoire. Watch out for them- some are so contrived and ridiculous that they are among the highlights of the whole shopping telly experience.

Blackpool, circa 1942, Knobbly Knees Contest? And the winner is.....................:mysmilie_17: "Knees like sparrows elbows" is the description that springs to mind.
***WARNING - Do not look at the image below if you are of a sensitive disposition***

Just look at the state of Doddy Flump & The Dirty Peter:-

View attachment 11227

If you think De Knees is a bad advert for Effective Face Potions, or that Nan Nanty Nan is a bad advert for Civilised Mankind then what on earth do these two say about VibraPower?

But back to Nan Nanty Nan, I don't know if you can see it in this picture but when posing on one of those shatty Pleather Chairs with his shoes off it seems he's got holes in his socks. Wouldn't you think his 'Mam' would have noticed that when she dressed him? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11228

And Gran had a carpet with big holes in it that made her trip up, her garden path was covered in green slime because the Karcher Pressure Washer hadn't been used on it, she was unfit because she'd (a) not taken advantage of the fitness equipment which would have allowed her to live to 900, (b) not booked herself on a cruise through IW (on HMS Titanic) and she was stupid enough to spend ten grand on a diamond ring, when she could have bought a 50 carat Moissonite one for only £1.50. Good grief, the stories just roll out of them, don't they? Talk about Pinnochio's nose syndrome.
The fake personal anecdote is a standard part of the shopping telly presenters repertoire. Watch out for them- some are so contrived and ridiculous that they are among the highlights of the whole shopping telly experience.

I'm reminded of the rocking chair in "Psycho"....:giggle:

No, the bosses mistake was employing her, in my view, and the rest of the ex-Bid tribe. This cobblers about a "price mistake" has been done to death on every single shopping channel since dinosaurs ruled the earth.

Latest posts

Back