Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw Sally Jacks with the Vibrapower earlier this evening and what struck me were the high pressure sales techniques being used; even more so than the last time I saw this product on the channel. Shouting Sally was exhorting viewers to "make that change with me", "buy now", "lowest ever price" (£149.99+p&p) and I think she implied something like you would never see this price again (!), "the price is about to go up" plus you don't want to wait until the summer when you're on the beach, etc., plus not forgetting the all-time classic "busiest time of the hour". All the usual stuff some might think but it seemed to come even thicker and faster than usual from Sally tonight.

Indeed this sales pitch made me feel uncomfortable, which I found rather surprising since I'm acclimatised to the normal selling tactics used by IW. Are they in trouble or something? :wonder:

That utterly revolting woman is now selling the Quacks Favourite known as Protol-Col. In support of this product. which of course she uses, this repugnant creature said, and I quote:-

'I should be getting wrinklier because I'm losing weight, but I'm not'

So, remember everyone. If you use the NutriBullet, VibraPower, Total Crunch or any one of the 'Health' Ovens and, as they constantly suggest, you lose weight, you WILL become wrinklier. Sally Jacks says so.

This channel needs to go bust, and the sooner the better. It's surely only a matter of time before this lot attract the attention of the press :mysmilie_59:

I saw her on the Proto-Col hour. She said she'd been using it for three months and her hairdresser asked her what she'd been doing as her hair was so good. She turned her back to the cameraman and said look how much it has grown. It's bliddy extensions!!

And where have the table and the union jacks gone? The pair were stood up the whole hour and he hardly got to say a thing. She completely took over the show.

I agree, she does make it uncomfortable viewing.

Obviously they have no mirrors in her house....

That utterly revolting woman is now selling the Quacks Favourite known as Protol-Col. In support of this product. which of course she uses, this repugnant creature said, and I quote:-

'I should be getting wrinklier because I'm losing weight, but I'm not'

So, remember everyone. If you use the NutriBullet, VibraPower, Total Crunch or any one of the 'Health' Ovens and, as they constantly suggest, you lose weight, you WILL become wrinklier. Sally Jacks says so.

This channel needs to go bust, and the sooner the better. It's surely only a matter of time before this lot attract the attention of the press :mysmilie_59:

You do get that feeling that the pressure's becoming ever more intense, don't you? And not only on IW with that human fog-horn, SJ, but the other channels, too.
Saw Sally Jacks with the Vibrapower earlier this evening and what struck me were the high pressure sales techniques being used; even more so than the last time I saw this product on the channel. Shouting Sally was exhorting viewers to "make that change with me", "buy now", "lowest ever price" (£149.99+p&p) and I think she implied something like you would never see this price again (!), "the price is about to go up" plus you don't want to wait until the summer when you're on the beach, etc., plus not forgetting the all-time classic "busiest time of the hour". All the usual stuff some might think but it seemed to come even thicker and faster than usual from Sally tonight.

Indeed this sales pitch made me feel uncomfortable, which I found rather surprising since I'm acclimatised to the normal selling tactics used by IW. Are they in trouble or something? :wonder:

Talking of pressure and desperation...

How’s this for a supremely clumsy and preposterously pretentious misuse of language:-

DeLorean watches represent the visionary symbiosis of sportivity, innovation, supreme technology and uncompromising quality.”

This was the website blurb for yesterday’s Delorean watch show. The ‘visionary symbiosis of sportivity’ ('sportivity'??) phrase is beyond the pale, even for the most ‘creative’ advertising copywriter.

(I was left with the distinct impression that Peter Simon’s Kinkade routine has now been adapted for Ideal’s internet promotions. Desperate times indeed.)

You do get that feeling that the pressure's becoming ever more intense, don't you? And not only on IW with that human fog-horn, SJ, but the other channels, too.

If the dreaded high street is losing out to the internet, how much is that true of selly telly?

That fresh faced favourite of yours, De Knees, uses Proto Col, she swears by it. But she also swears by:-

Crystal Clear
Lusardi My Miracle
Microderm

There's almost certainly others too. I don't wish to sound bitchy but she isn't exactly a glowing endorsement for any of them is she? No more so than GOLLUM is a glowing endorsement for VibraPower.

He has legs like pipe cleaners and a face like a flannel hanging on a door handle :mysmilie_59:

Nan Nanty Nan is shilling a Paint Sprayer. The guest is preparing to coat a Garden Fence.

You wouldn't think there's an obvious opportunity here for Nanty to mention his 'Mam' but you'd be wrong. Inexplicably he said 'my Mam would take an hour to paint this'. But of course this slime rat will mention his 'Mam' at any opportunity but don't forget:-

Nan Nanty Nan's Mam = Dirty Peter's Bet

It's laughable, and ludicrous. And sad :mysmilie_59:

Nan Nanty Nan is shilling a Paint Sprayer. The guest is preparing to coat a Garden Fence.

You wouldn't think there's an obvious opportunity here for Nanty to mention his 'Mam' but you'd be wrong. Inexplicably he said 'my Mam would take an hour to paint this'. But of course this slime rat will mention his 'Mam' at any opportunity but don't forget:-

Nan Nanty Nan's Mam = Dirty Peter's Bet

It's laughable, and ludicrous. And sad :mysmilie_59:

Like QVC's Craig and his sister: they all seem to have one of these poor bastards they draw on to shill tat to viewers.

Isn't Nan Nanty Nan's mam about 804 anyway? He's hardly in the first flush of youth! So what's she doing painting fences at her age?

Like QVC's Craig and his sister: they all seem to have one of these poor bastards they draw on to shill tat to viewers.

Isn't Nan Nanty Nan's mam about 804 anyway? He's hardly in the first flush of youth! So what's she doing painting fences at her age?

:mysmilie_15:

That's a very good question!

Why can't he do it, or his partner? Probably too busy vibrawotsiting, nutriblasting, zhuzhing, vaxing, halogening.......etc. etc. I suppose

Poor bliddy Nan Nanty Nan's Mam!

It's seems to me that the gay male presenters will refer to anyone in their lives but a male partner.

The only Selly Telly gay guy I've heard refer to a boyfriend is the Yankee Candle guy on QVC.

It's seems to me that the gay male presenters will refer to anyone in their lives but a male partner.

The only Selly Telly gay guy I've heard refer to a boyfriend is the Yankee Candle guy on QVC.

You take that back! Didn't the boyfriend of Will, Alison Young of QVC's minion, propose to him live on air?

Doesn't big Den make you sick!!!? really does!!

She was on earlier trying to punt the Proto-Col, now Proto-Col may well be the best product ever to be sold on TV and thats fine by me.....completly fine....BUT..........Please Den dont take the the general public for complete and utter fools and stop treating us as if we have heads filled with hay!!!

Den says "I have used/use this product its amazing, its wonderful, its a blessing, its outstanding, its wonnnnnderful blah blah blah" you dont use this product its really as simple as that............you do not have or use every item that you try to punt, simples!!

Another supreme example of crapspeak.
Talking of pressure and desperation...

How’s this for a supremely clumsy and preposterously pretentious misuse of language:-

DeLorean watches represent the visionary symbiosis of sportivity, innovation, supreme technology and uncompromising quality.”

This was the website blurb for yesterday’s Delorean watch show. The ‘visionary symbiosis of sportivity’ ('sportivity'??) phrase is beyond the pale, even for the most ‘creative’ advertising copywriter.

(I was left with the distinct impression that Peter Simon’s Kinkade routine has now been adapted for Ideal’s internet promotions. Desperate times indeed.)

Latest posts

Back