Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just facing this, on E7 with immersion & Simplex heaters, don't want a smart meter but might have to bite the bullet before the radio signal switch-off.

Do you think they will offer E10 or Have to choose or stay on E7 and is E10 better. Do you have to pay more than E7.

For those who came off E7/storage heaters what do you use now. Not a fan of gas/boiler central heating.

Are the new heat panels better or more efficient in daytime?

Do any of the daytime heater methods have any merit in terms of cost efficiency?

And I'm not taking IW advice on heating!!!
I couldn’t have a smart meter with my old tariff as they didn’t make them. I know have one and for me being disabled it’s a godsend as I don’t have to get someone to read my meter anymore.

I think it depends which energy company and the area you live in if they offer Economy 7/10. I was with Southern Electric, who became SSE and is now OVO.

We speculated earlier in the year they were in trouble, Honchanda had too much money to pay back. Think they tried to expand each time IW went bust and the resulting investments on both occasions was too much for them to bear. Ist IW demise they bought C & C while IW were trying to raise money to stay afloat, 2nd IW demise was the Shop Extra debacle, each time they went into debt to make those changes happen and I fear it was just too much. The fact that Kay & Wright last year was a signal things were bad. ;)
Shop Extra, seemed a Idea, just to keep shysters employed

I got the multimeter then because I was making PCB's for a small new start up company.
It was probably better quality than the cheap ones they sell these days but probably has a similar range of functions.
I keep it under the stairs in a very old leather handbag from probably the 1950's which used to belong to my mum.
Many years ago I was bought an "electrician's toolkit" in a solid plastic moulded carry tool case, as a gift. I'd moved into a new place.

What on earth do I need all that for I wondered, thinking I'd never use any of it.

Comprising Multimeter, soldering iron set with flux/holder/sucker, various electric insulated/circuit test screwdrivers and small mini jewellery screwdrivers set, variable wrench, alun keys, wire strippers, PCB connectors/fuses, etc.

Over the years, it's come in surprisingly useful for unscrewing electric appliances, plugs, fuses and things, fixing fuse boxes, kettles, small things like watches and replacing quartz batteries, testing heating elements and various batteries, replacing the car battery, repairing storage heaters, etc, etc.

Much more versatile and useful than I'd imagined!

Hmm, the Homesmart 10L airfryer looks remarkably like the halogen ovens they used to sell moons ago, just missing the glass bowl.

Must be using a halogen bulb as an element as the light turns on and off as its working away. I know those fail and need replacing, sometimes its a pita to do too.

Latest posts

Back